What are you playing now....

Darque

I need tactics too, is it any good?

I havnt really played enough to form an opinion yet. I've only played upto the second mission. But initial impressions are favourable.

Although I'd just say get it to anyone with a PS2 who wanted some FireEmblem type action.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

Marcus is pretty saavy when it comes to stuff like this. There's a price tag on the game that says $27.99. My neighbor whos an all things japanese freak has already offered him $100 for the game, and he laughed and said he could get twice that much. I dunno if its worth that much, but its a damn good game, makes me wonder why they can make a game this good on PSOne, but haven't came out with anything even remotely this good on any newer consoles.(omits Resident Evil from statement for Darque's sake)

well they be finially coming out with a sequal to the Profile. I didn't think this was such a huge game until I saw the hype for the second one... (yes I've played it... got like all the way to the end before having to give it back.)

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I remember I sucked SO bad at that game.

Though one of my favourite moments in videogaming was when I realized that I can manufacture laser rifles for a profit, to compliment my (dwindling) support from the governments. Home base was right in the middle of the US of A though, and they were giving me huge funding ;)

Well Suikoden Tactics is rather good. I'm still not the worlds biggest fan of cell shading though.

The rune system is similiar to the one in Suikoden IV (find buy runes and get them stuck on in a shop) but only certain classes can use certain runes. As in SIV some characters come with runes which you cant change.

Combat is like a cross between Fire Emblem and Final Fantasy Tactics.

You can't change weapons, you sharpen just like before. Unlike FE facing is important and you get bonuses for side and rear attacks.

The unique stuff. OWLS !!!

Characters can combine to use combo attacks.

The element of the panel you are on determines whether you get any bonus' or minus' to your base scores. Standing on a positive panel will also heal you. Standing on a negative one will hurt. It's kind of funny trapping a boss and then changing it's panel :D

There are characters you just come across, characters you recruit and some that wont show up unless you do certain things.

It's not that difficult, though getting an S rank definately is. I'm averaging B so either I'm out of practice , or the game is tougher than I'm giving it credit for (although most likely it has a weird way of calculating rank).

The story starts before the events in IV (which is really more tutorial levels). And then continues after it.

Can't say the story makes a great deal of sense right now. Although it does fill in some gaps, or clarify some things from IV.

Kind of a slow starter but It picks up. And did I mention OWLS ???

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

I'm getting my second wind in a poker tournament right now. Five minutes ago I had a mere three thousand chips. Currently I have over twenty thousand. Bluffing for teh win!!!

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

Playing GalCiv 2. Not as much of an improvement over Galciv 1 as MoO2 was over MoO. In fact, I think I prefer the first one.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Been killing a few Collosi. Normally I detest platform games, but something about hanging on desperately trying to avoid being shaken off. And studying patterns so you can get on in the first place works for me.

The artistry of the game as well as the horse just makes it a pleasure to ride across the landscape and look at the views.

478327[/snapback]

Been killing a few Collosi. Normally I detest platform games, but something about hanging on desperately trying to avoid being shaken off. And studying patterns so you can get on in the first place works for me.

The artistry of the game as well as the horse just makes it a pleasure to ride across the landscape and look at the views.

Maybe I missed something but what game are you talking about?

EDIT: Nevermind. Collossus. :">

Edited by astr0creep

Ok, I'm still trying to enjoy ToEE, but I'm having problems. I'm level 3 now, but it's not clear where I should go. I went to an outpost and got romped on, I killed most of the undead at the battlefield...

Also, a good chunk of the quests in the village are either too lame to finish or seem broken. I also can't loot bodies...it's a bug, but I guess they never fixed it in a patch.