Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Obsidian Forum Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

alanschu

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by alanschu

  1. Yeah. One was a demonstration of how sloooooooooooooooooooow walking everywhere was. The other was what to do and what not to do against the Werewolf. Surely you remember that
  2. I was definitely a Westwood fan over Blizzard fan for the RTS wars
  3. NHL

    alanschu replied to Fionavar's topic in Way Off-Topic
    I'm hoping for San Jose because I have Thornton and Cheechoo in my pool My picks: Ottawa over TB Carolina over Montreal NJ over New York Buffalo over Philly Detroit over Edmonton (though I hope not) Dallas over Colorado Anaheim over Calgary San Jose over Nashville
  4. Just put it through Windows Media Maker or whatever. It comes with Windows XP. It's what I did for my Vampire: Bloodlines movies that I posted a while back.
  5. I enjoyed Silent Storm, up until it got a little too sci fi.
  6. Not at all. The original games were developed by Westwood Studios, and published by Virgin Interactive.
  7. Then an adventure gamer are you not. Still, most people dont actually like Puzzles in the sense of "heres a random rubics cube" but rather logic storyline-related problems that need to be solved. Things like NPC X being kidnapped on his way to meet you in order to give you some vital information and now you have to gather clues to where he ius and who is kidnappers are, that sort of thing. <{POST_SNAPBACK}> I am a questing gamer. Give me a quest and I will seek out and kill the baddies to win the quest. <{POST_SNAPBACK}> Doesn't sound like it, as a "questing gamer" would still enjoy a quest even if it had zero combat.
  8. I never thought you'd feel Oblivion is better than PS:T. Heck...by your definition alone, you consider Morrowind to be better than Planescape: Torment.
  9. It looked more like an insult and flame, coming from a moderator who should know better to boot. <{POST_SNAPBACK}> How on Earth is that an insult, or a flame?
  10. Fun is one thing. It's a bit too extreme though that it just seemed rather silly IMO.
  11. Errr, he just said why he prefers not to play onslaught.
  12. alanschu replied to Jorian Drake's topic in Way Off-Topic
    Hahaha. Steve Buscemi
  13. We can let the mods decide, or retire the other thread. We'll see what the other NHL posters think
  14. It most certainly is: http://www.lineage.com/
  15. NHL

    alanschu replied to Fionavar's topic in Way Off-Topic
    Meh, colour me surprised with that. The only surprising thing is the level of dominance they had. I expected a tight race for first.
  16. Edmonton! THere's an NHL thread on this same page however that will likely have these.
  17. It would not be able to load it on the hard drive since the hard drive would be too small. The old 286 motherboards had a hard drive size restriction. <{POST_SNAPBACK}> That would be much easier to work around than the processor.
  18. alanschu replied to Jorian Drake's topic in Way Off-Topic
    Yes, definitely
  19. I Karaoked it while in the Dominican Republic, which resulted in it jumping up my list of favourite songs
  20. Bryan Adams - Summer of '69
  21. Just like you'll never play a console. Just like you gave up PC gaming. Just like (my personal favourite) you were leaving this forum and never coming back. Just like.....etc. etc. You'll buckle. You always do. If a game is good, I buy it. If the publisher makes a ton of money with a style of game that I enjoy playing, then they'll be more likely to make another one like it. Boycotting for the sake of boycotting is about as effective trade embargoes (i.e. not very).
  22. Oh, as for the "fallacy" of social constructs we have and how they influence us, I'm sure that the findings of Zimbardo's famous experiement were completely bogus, and the volunteers that took part in the experiment were actually repressed psychopaths that were just given an acceptable medium for which they could channel their anger and aggression. Stanley Milgram's work I'm sure was also completely bogus, as is Bandura's and Asch's.
  23. Well, of course i can't prove any of that. Maybe somebody could ask what type of music people from mensa listen to... So, wait, let me get this straight. Not only you are accusing every single human soul that has loved and supported classical music for, say, the last 400 years to be in denial, but we are also all facists now. <{POST_SNAPBACK}> Nope, just you. And it's not because you love and support classical music (and no where did I make such a claim). It's because of your self-righteous judgement of those that you quite obviously see as inferior because they like pop. Other statements also include your very obvious elitism, placing yourself at a higher level because of your desire to understand the constructs of classical music. You have said straight up, that people who like pop bands like NSync are incapable of "truly" appreciating/understanding classical music, because they lack the intellectual capability. You are then implicitly claiming intellectual superiority over these people, because of your interest in the music. Then I guess I got confused somewhere. Contrapuntal is the adjective form of counterpoint (in essense, you were sort of saying counterpoint polyphony, though that sounds like ass so they break it down via latin to develop Contrapuntal as the adjective). I did a quick search of the net, because I had learned that they both meant the same thing: using more than one melodic line at a time. These sites all confirmed what I thought the words meant: http://net.unl.edu/musicFeat/bach/bachforms2.html http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Counterpoint http://cnx.org/content/m11634/latest/ http://library.thinkquest.org/15413/glossary/glossary.htm http://www.ucalgary.ca/applied_history/tut...edot/motet.html http://www.empire.k12.ca.us/capistrano/Mik...ms/glossary.htm http://classicalmusic.lifetips.com/cat/575...tory/index.html http://www.classicalarchives.com/dict/counterpoint.html http://www.dolmetsch.com/musictheory33.htm Some mentioned that multiple melodies with singing is often referred to as polyphony, while instrumentally it would be counterpoint. At best, a quick skim (at midnight for me) would indicate that counterpoint is a subset of polyphony, which would still make contrapuntal polyphony wordy, as you could replace it with just counterpoint. The wikipedia (a horrible source, but I feel it's fair game since you yourself used it) comments that "Counterpoint written before approximately 1600 is usually known as polyphony." Both of their defintions of Counterpoint and polyphony are the same though (musical texture with two or more independent melodies). It's possible wikipedia is wrong, but other references found lead me to the same conclusion. Show me (or at least refer me) to something that indicates otherwise and I'll be happy.
  24. alanschu replied to Jorian Drake's topic in Way Off-Topic
    Seriously, don't even joke about stuff like this.
  25. I know you're just being silly, but when you post the same joke multiple times I am erring on the side of caution. But I'm sure you know that a 286 is completely incapable of running Oblivion, even hideously slowly.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.