Paradise

http://www.paradise-game-us.com/

Reminds me of a lot of the older games. Frustrating in design, yet satisfying. :-

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

It's from the guy that made Syberia.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Who, me?

If you mean me...no...just the trailer/screenshots/basic design, remind me quite a bit of the older titles...which I said were frustrating as well as satisfying.

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

- Everlast

Me either until I saw an ad for it two minutes before I posted the topic. Seemed interesting to me, and I thought a few of you might be interested too.

Edited by LoneWolf16

- Everlast

I like the loading graphic.

Not sure about a French adventure game: Myst left a bad taste in my mouth.

The protagonist looks like my Revan!

Wasn't Myst an american game?

Heja Sverige!!

Well, it seems as if all current adventure games are French in origin. I know Syberia is, and I think both The Longest Journey and Indogo Prophecy are as well.

I heard good things about Syberia, so I'll keep an eye on this. Adventure games seem to be coming into a rebirth cycle. Indigo Prophecy was very popular, and I would be surprised if it didn't blow it's sales expectations out of the water. The latest Longest Journey game is shipping, and the spiritual successor to Kings Quest is back on track with actual licensing. Good stuff

Nice bias there, Hades. Ubi didn't even develop the game. :(

- Everlast

Why not help a developer who makes a game you might actually like, just because Ubisoft is the publisher? :mellow:

Edited by LoneWolf16

- Everlast

There are two companies I will not buy games from: Electronic Arts, due to their business practices that destroyed one of my favorite developers of all time, and UbiSoft, due to their gross incompetence with PoOR 2. I will not buy games from these two companies regardless of the developer even if it was Obsidian.

That's somehow sad...and why don't I know what PoOR 2 is? That an older title, or am I just...I really don't know what it is. And the company EA destroyed...would that be Origin?

- Everlast

There are two companies I will not buy games from:  Electronic Arts, due to their business practices that destroyed one of my favorite developers of all time, and UbiSoft, due to their gross incompetence with PoOR 2.  I will not buy games from these two companies regardless of the developer even if it was Obsidian.

Just like you'll never play a console. Just like you gave up PC gaming. Just like (my personal favourite) you were leaving this forum and never coming back. Just like.....etc. etc.

You'll buckle. You always do.

If a game is good, I buy it. If the publisher makes a ton of money with a style of game that I enjoy playing, then they'll be more likely to make another one like it.

Boycotting for the sake of boycotting is about as effective trade embargoes (i.e. not very).

Edited by alanschu

Well, it seems as if all current adventure games are French in origin.  I know Syberia is, and I think both The Longest Journey and Indogo Prophecy are as well.

Adventure games seem to be coming into a rebirth cycle.  Indigo Prophecy was very popular, and I would be surprised if it didn't blow it's sales expectations out of the water.  The latest Longest Journey game is shipping, and the spiritual successor to Kings Quest is back on track with actual licensing.  Good stuff

Yeah, but here is the exception: Advent. You have here an adventure game that looked promising, had collaborative work done with a popular author, and some occasional publicity in game magazines. However, it ends up bombing in retail and content. There were some good content elements (levitation tool, weapons, time-slow powers), but altogether, the game was unpolished and evidently failed.

Edited by Blank

I know I'll be getting this. Benoit Sokal always make great games. Syberia and Syberia 2 are both excellent and some of the prettiest games you'll ever see. I am not expecting less from Paradise.

Gamespot had a preview of Paradise barely a week ago:

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/adventure/parad...2&mode=previews

It sounds good to me, at least.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I know I'll be getting this. Benoit Sokal always make great games. Syberia and Syberia 2 are both excellent and some of the prettiest games you'll ever see. I am not expecting less from Paradise.

Gamespot had a preview of Paradise barely a week ago:

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/adventure/parad...2&mode=previews

It sounds good to me, at least.

You should read Sokal's comic books.

Heja Sverige!!