Neverwinter Nights 2: Storm of Zehir Discussion

Here's a summary of the last thirty-odd pages:

* Yuan-Ti suck / are great / are suggestive of all sorts of sinister neuroses on the part of the developers

* The overland map is great / too cartoony / suggestive of a collective loss of tribal memory regarding ancient computer gaming lore by fans

* Dinosaurs are cool, except to the people who don't like dinosaurs

* There was a chick with wings in MotB who reminded a few people of Fall-from-Grace, neither of whom appear in this XP

* Swashbucklers remind people of pirates. Pirates are cool, ergo Swashbucklers are a Good Thing

* Party-based mayhem = :)

* Volourn likes Dwarves and anything by Bioware, even old memos about who's turn it is to make the coffee in Dave Gaider's recycle bin. In fact, Volourn would turn that into a dwarf-themed mini-game in KotOR 3. :brows:

* A guy who just registered wants the game for $15.00

Please carry on.

sonsofgygax.JPG

Also, Mephasm is the most awesome NPC of the series. And should get to return.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

MC, you forgot the whole "death in D&D is either done right, done wrong, or simply screwed for crpgs, which is not necessarily a problem with D&D so much as it is with crpgs."

as for volourn, Dwarf: The Game, which is an accompaniment to Yuan Ti: The Game for JE.

taks

comrade taks... just because.

Tale, Halfling Massacre: The Game

Also known as Overlord: D&D Edition.

Here's a summary of the last thirty-odd pages:

* Yuan-Ti suck / are great / are suggestive of all sorts of sinister neuroses on the part of the developers

* The overland map is great / too cartoony / suggestive of a collective loss of tribal memory regarding ancient computer gaming lore by fans

* There was a chick with wings in MotB who reminded a few people of Fall-from-Grace, neither of whom appear in this XP

* Swashbucklers remind people of pirates. Pirates are cool, ergo Swashbucklers are a Good Thing

* Party-based mayhem = :ermm:

* Volourn likes Dwarves and anything by Bioware, even old memos about who's turn it is to make the coffee in Dave Gaider's recycle bin. In fact, Volourn would turn that into a dwarf-themed mini-game in KotOR 3. :bat:

* A guy who just registered wants the game for $15.00

Please carry on.

am kinda ambivalent 'bout dinosaurs. our fascination with dinosaurs were based on fact that they were Real. monsters once roamed the earth. in a fantasy game in which we gots dragons and elves and stuff, dinosaurs is a bit less special... is just another non-magical creature... check the bab, ac, hps and damage per attack. triceratops is different than a rhino? large herbivores with a trample and gore attack... trike is simply bigger, so what is point?

am a fan of dinosaurs, but in a fantasy game with dragons n' such, they seems almost mundane... which is a shame.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Also, whats so special about a perpetually trapped jaded demon in human form.

Because he's not jaded, nor a demon. He's a polymorphed pit fiend who behaves nobley. Unlike Koraboros, who betrays his viciousness and deception with every word out of his mouth, Mephasm appears earnest and dignified. He's capable of far more subtlety.

Edited by Tale

What's wrong with the camera?

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

It's too hard to zoom in on the character's butt.

It's also too hard for some people to make the camera's behaviour fit their needs / ideas of how a camera should work in a game.

Hey, I like dinosaurs, just not in a DnD campaign/game :ermm: Edited by samm

Citizen of a country with a racist, hypocritical majority

Strategy camera is great apart from the fact it changes the angle when you enter the new area. You should be able to lock the camera at will

That shouldn't be too hard to implement

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

have asked this question a few times. is our understanding that the camera is wonky if you play in the over-the-shoulder pov. as Gromnir almost invariably uses overhead/tactical, we never have noticed issues.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

If they would finally implement say just the NPC AI and enemy AI from Tony K's AI, I would explode with joy. NWN2 is a completely different (and very enjoyable) thanks to Tony K.

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

Nope, parts of it, yes

I remember it had something to do with clashing softwares or codes or something

Still, there's no doubt they COULD work it in the game and possibly even improve it

Strategy camera is great apart from the fact it changes the angle when you enter the new area. You should be able to lock the camera at will

That shouldn't be too hard to implement

I don't know the limitations of the engine, but a zoom lock toggle would be just swell.

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

I used to bitch about the camera, but found a new mod that raises it above my characters head and still keeps the ceilings and first person view the way I like it.

YEA ME :bat:

Which mod is that?

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"