All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Ok, not sure if this has been mentioned before because I'm lazy. Several years ago I activated "Two-Factor Authentication" on these forums. I used an authenticator on my phone to login. Naturally, as one does, I lost that authenticator (don't even know which one I used). For several years I've been trying to turn off that Two-Factor Authentication, but.. you need Two-Factor Authentication to turn off Two-Factor Authentication. Not joking. Can someone explain to me how that's supposed to work? Having to login here using recovery codes every time made me stop coming here altogether. And no, recovery codes can not be used to turn off Two-Factor Authentication (unless I'm missing something). Help.
  3. MS going to close down Tango Softworks and Arkane Austin TX. WolfEye have set up their first ever offices in Austin TX just last year. That's the new studio by Arkane's founder Raf Colantonio, which already has quite an illustrious roster for people familiar. Any bets accepted there's more ex-Arkanes going to pop up in there? Every ending is a new beginning. Also, before anybody speculates: The dichotomy between Austin and Lyon has never existed like that. Arkane have never been a company of two studios. Rather a studio of two locations, with people moving between them as well (see Harvey Smith moving over to Lyon to direct Dishonored 2 and then going back). That's firstly a misconception that Colantonio himself has corrected multiple times. Secondly, if Lyon weren't working on a rather popular IP as we speak (Blade), I could imagine MS pulling the plug on them too. If Blade is gonna bomb... edit: Dang, @mkreku beat me to it.
  4. Xbox shuts down a bunch of game studios: https://www.eurogamer.net/xbox-shuts-slew-of-bethesda-studios-including-redfall-hi-fi-rush-developers So.. how long do you think Obsidian and inXile will last? Not exactly the cashcows Microsofts shareholders demand from them..
  5. Today
  6. The debacle around The Crew comes to mind. Also, might aswell drop this; https://www.stopkillinggames.com/ Short version Long version;
  7. https://www.axios.com/2024/05/07/us-israel-hamas-hostage-ceasefire-talks Sneaky Americans.
  8. Heroes of Might and Magic 6 comes to me immediately as a first example, of what they are talking about
  9. End of the day, if you enter into a contract in any other field and find you're losing money you can't arbitrarily decide to cancel the contract, with no consequences. If your options are literally literally shutting down a server or going bankrupt... your company is figuratively literally in the crapper already. Otherwise you're just trying to dodge obligations that you don't think you should fulfill because now they're costing you money- and often trying to get people to buy [sportsgame_currentyear] instead of playing [sportsgame_currentyear--] they'd otherwise be perfectly happy with. Software companies have got away with a load of crap you wouldn't get away with if you were selling sandwiches, beds, cars or even service contracts like catering or cleaning just because it's software. So your Suicide Squad game released 3 months ago as a GaaS and sold appallingly? Tough noogies, that's the risk you take as a company, Warners. It costs you money to run the servers for the 27 people playing it you say? That's the risk you take. You can tell how hard up WBD is, Dave Zaslav only took home 300mn in pay and stock options over the past three years, wonder how many servers even 1% of that would keep running... [yes, I know it isn't shut down, yet]
  10. If there's no challenge anymore and if there's no meaningful purpose/reward, then it gets boring very fast...
  11. <disclaimer> I am not a lawyer </disclaimer> To me it is a bit like the different approach to garbage in different countries. In Germany, you pay for your garbage weight allowance. It is your garbage. You have your own bin. You have a padlock on the bin so no neighbour can sneak their garbage into yours and have you pay for it. In Greece, you do not have your own bin. You dump the garbage (ideally) in the city's garbage bins. You pay the city tax based on the square meters of your home, and the amount of actual garbage you produce is irrelevant. As a result though in Germany, throwing something in the garbage does not automatically relinquish ownership. In Greece it does. Taking this to gaming, does a permanent shut down of servers allow for the argument the company is relinquishing it's financial interests in the specific title and therefor a non-profit, community run server or a community coded removal of the always online system should be allowed?
  12. And these are all valid examples but what is the petition expecting to change legally In other words if there is an online gaming service that is losing money is the legislation going to say " you cant shutdown the gaming servers " ? And thats fine but then who is going to pay for the servers to be maintained? Maybe the idea is where the community maintains it like City of Heroes I just think trying to get the state to legislate this type of thing is problematic
  13. Darkspore when EA shut down the server. It was always online even when playing single player. Yes, it wasn't a great game, but because co-op didn't do well, people couldn't relax in single player anymore? Any Microsoft Xbox live game when Microsoft decides to stop the live service on PC back in... Can't remember when. City of Heroes on the other hand proves that if the company is willing, it can allow the community to create the means to enjoy the game, even when the company has no more financial interest.
  14. I still dont understand what the petition is suppose to achieve, this what the petition website says " Many videogames rely on servers. When these are shut down, games can be left unplayable where no action is taken to remove this dependency. We believe this is effectively robbing customers, leaving them with no recourse to retain their purchases. We have concerns that existing laws and agencies do not effectively solve this problem. Thus we believe government intervention is needed to stop this practice." What if a company goes under, then the online servers will also be shutdown. But whats more relevant is what is an example of what they talking about ? Specifically around what they mean by " When these are shut down, games can be left unplayable"
  15. Hello.I have a problem.All of a sudden I can't login today. It says my username up in the top corner, press F1, wheel spins, nothing happens. Click Multiplayer, get the you need an xbox account error. Maybe someone has a solution?
  16. My pet Disappeared with inventory, there were valuable thing with him, where did it go? Need him back. Is this a bug?
  17. It's really depressing to see how people defend the megacorps for free.
  18. Yesterday
  19. I don't think she ever stopped acting. She had that Mother movie last year that was decent. That being said, this looks terrible, but it also looks like she probably got paid well to get bounced around in a box for awhile. Wait, she did that one before...is this a sequel to The Cell? Ah well, they can't all be Hustlers.
  20. Seeing their dumb**** fans suffer is always good.
  21. Hello everyone, I would like to suggest an update where the "summoner" class has a "fix" the invocations made by the player to help end up getting in the way because they often attack the pet that accompanies them and also remove the possibility of being able to generate an invocation beating its own invocation!
  22. Teaser: First Community blog goes live tomorrow Life as a Gamer ...
  23. Damn, her comeback tour flopped and now she's going to be an actor again? /Edit: Watched Twisted Metal on Amazon. No clue how close that is to the old video game since I never played it, but the show itself was surprisingly not bad. Enjoyed it for the most of it and would totally watch a season 2.
  24. Playing on a shared world with a couple friends and their Milk Molar upgrade numbers don't match the hosts upgrades even though we've all been upgrading together. For example: the host of the world's HP stating +300 while everyone else's is stating +100. Then when swapping hosts, the host then has the correct hp stated while everyone else has the other and the previous host said the lower value.
  1. Load more activity