What are you playing now? Part 3'ish

So I decided to go ahead and buy Max Payne 3. Morgoth owes me a refund if I don't like it. :getlost:

Speaking of the above, I got a great deal at Wal-mart. They've currently got Max Payne 3 (on the Xbox360) on sale for $29.83, plus you get both GTA IV expansions Ballad of Gay Tony and the biker one for free.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

After much painful separation from valuable stuff, useful equipment and life essentials, I managed to squeeze my load down to below 70 pounds and started on Honest Hearts. Shortly after starting, the caravan got ambushed. Not really a big surprise. Killing off the raiders and salvaging everybodys equipment, I started to make my way across the ropebridge. Of course, no more than halfway across, some conveniently planted shooter starts taking pot shots at Gorth. Oh no, not this Gorth, so I duck and run, taking cover behind rocks until I have a native looking guy in the cross hairs of my gauss rifle. Sent his lifeless body flying alright. Then it suddenly started on a laundry list of failed quests... what the??? :huh:

Maybe I wasn't supposed to vaporize the guy? Ah well, I got a save from just before the ambush anyway.

That was not the guy shooting at you.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

That was not the guy shooting at you.

Hmm, he sure could have fooled me... ah well, next time I'll try not shooting him ;)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I decided to replay NWN2 with all expansions and some modules...my manly parts are tingling.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

This is what I'm waiting for in Path of Exile:

It's supposed to arrive on Monday. We'll see. Looks very good.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I decided to replay NWN2 with all expansions and some modules...my manly parts are tingling.

Completed the OC again last week. (Last time I played it was when it released.) Played an evil character and it was fun. Don't get the hate It gets on various interenet forums. Most of the companions are a bit annoying and the story isn't Obsidian's best, but I had a lot of fun with the gameplay. Oh, and I really like the music. I've heard the camera is broken, but I played from a top down view and never had a problem.

Currently playing MotB. It's very good, but handling your spirit hunger is a bit annoying. I've been doing quests in Mulsantir and am about to face a boss outside of town. So far, three people have joined me and they are all some sort of caster, so I'm happy my guy is a melee fighter. The few new musical scores they added are also really good. The writing is also improved and companions are not annoying.

I do have two questions:

Are there any must play modules?

Kaedrin's Class Pack - Yay or nay? Seems like he put down a lot of work, but does it make the game unbalanced?

Enjoying a spot of Trine, saw it on GOG and I thought i'd give it a shot. Very pretty, but i'm not so enamoured with all the jumping and physics puzzles, just not my thing seemingly. It did make me think that I wouldn't mind a nice, side scrolling rpg. Something along the lines of Duke Nukem: Manhattan Project, but with less of the emphasis on jumping and enemies and more on exploration, loot and storytelling.

Shame that nobody's developing such a thing.

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

Took a shoot at Endless Space but just can't get into it.

On surface it looks like just another 4X game but ends up just too abstract and repeatable to be involving.

May work better in multiplayer as clearly that's where the devs focus went.

I have a confession to make. I bought Alan Wake on Steam sale to give it a second chance. I have given in to peer pressure, everyone else seems to love it. Maybe I was too harsh, I don't know. :( And oh man, I remember these facial animations. In pre-rendered video, no less.

Also hit up a little Alien Breed 2 that I got free from last summer's promotion. And Cthulhu Saves the World. Just looking to have something grab me.

I hate the shooting mechanics in the GTA series.

What mechanics? I thought GTA was a racing game.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

FO:NV - Lonesome Road

Mostly liking it so far. Has a nice 3d "feel" to it unlike all the flatness of FO3 and FO3:NV. Spending a lot of time just traveling around, exploring every nook and cranny, falling off cliff sides, experiencing the novelty of getting killed by a mantis (when did they get this big???). While the landscape is interesting enough and so is Joshua and Daniel to a degree, I just can't get myself interested enough in the plight of the Sorrows and Dead Horses to feel really motivated to go the extra mile for them.Damn hippies, learn how to use a missile launcher dammit >_

I've found 5 out of 6 duffel bags belonging to the survivalist (great little side story btw.). No clue which one I might have missed. Also wondering if any of the Vault 22 dwellers survived. Got a bit of a giggle out of meeting the spore plants. Brought back memories of Fallout 2.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

FO:NV - Lonesome Road

Mostly liking it so far. Has a nice 3d "feel" to it unlike all the flatness of FO3 and FO3:NV. Spending a lot of time just traveling around, exploring every nook and cranny, falling off cliff sides, experiencing the novelty of getting killed by a mantis (when did they get this big???). While the landscape is interesting enough and so is Joshua and Daniel to a degree, I just can't get myself interested enough in the plight of the Sorrows and Dead Horses to feel really motivated to go the extra mile for them.Damn hippies, learn how to use a missile launcher dammit >_<

I've found 5 out of 6 duffel bags belonging to the survivalist (great little side story btw.). No clue which one I might have missed. Also wondering if any of the Vault 22 dwellers survived. Got a bit of a giggle out of meeting the spore plants. Brought back memories of Fallout 2.

Didn't you just describe Honest Hearts?

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Didn't you just describe Honest Hearts?

Yes :facepalm:

I meant Honest Hearts... the one taking place in Zion. Damn infection is killing me.

For me, Honest Hearts is the best of the 4 DLCs. :>

Followed by Lonesome Road and then Old World Blues.

Should replay them again when I get the time.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

I enjoyed this playthrough of Alan Wake alot. All the gripes are still there, but given that I didn't pay $60 this time around, it's forgiveable. And the episodes at the end of it had far more variety than the main game.

American Nightmare's disappointing, though. The writing is weak. It's just excuse plot.

Playing Batman: Arkham City right now. I like the Catwoman-parts more than the ones where you play Batman. Wish you could fully play Catwoman.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Man, Crusader Kings 2 just sucked up most of my weekend. It's been a while since a strategy game pulled me in like that.

Most of the guidance I had read suggested that Ireland (specifically, one of Munster or Dublin) was a good place to start while getting the mechanics down. So I did that: Murchad Ua Cheinnselaig of Dublin. And I had good luck forging claims on some surrounding counties, so I gained territory pretty rapidly. Just as I was trying to pick the right time to declare myself King of Ireland, my starting character died. And his eldest son (primogeniture) didn't have sufficient Piety to create the Kingdom right away.

But there was a bigger problem-- It seems that I didn't quite understand the primogeniture rules. The new Duke only had one child, and it was a daughter. I had operated under the assumption that Agnatic-Cognatic Primogeniture would mean that the new Duke's brother would inherit before his daughter would. This is not the case, and that daughter had been married (non-matrilineally) to an English Duke, with whom she had a couple of sons. Which meant that it was game over when her reign ended unless I did something. Anyhow, I proclaimed the new guy the King of Ireland when it let me (which was probably a mistake), and got some of the other Irish Earls to swear fealty. I then raised the crown authority to Medium so that I would be able to change the Succession law to Seniorage once I had reigned for 10 years.

That didn't go over well with the vassals, who already didn't like the new guy nearly as much as they liked ol' Murchad. I managed that OK-- had to put down a rebellion or two, figured out that I should give away one of my 3 Ducal titles, and was building up the Piety and Prestige of the new guy. After a quick bribe to the Duke of Munster, he got the whole island united under his rule. Until he died of some disease about 5 years into his reign. Which left the Duchess of (somethingEnglish) as the Queen of Ireland. And that did not go well. Within a year or two, she had a full-on vassal revolt on her hands. In hindsight, I may have been able to hold on if I had called on her husband for military support. But I instead decided to start over.

I had a slower start the second time around, but that's mostly because my Chancellor wasn't quite as adept at the dark arts of claim fabrication. But I was making better decisions regarding marriages, economic management, vassal management, and child-rearing (i.e., I figured out that you get the best results when your dynasty leader raises children himself). Entertainingly enough, the starting character once again died just as he was saving the cash to Crown himself. He was succeeded by his 14-year-old grandson, with Muchad's 2nd son serving as "no, really, I'm not bitter at all!" Regent, Marshal, and Master of Horse. I tore myself away from the game just as I was poring over the list of eligible bachelorettes to be his future Queen. (Hmm... the King of England has a 15-year-old daughter with not-terrible stats...)

Edited by Enoch
  • Like 1

I'm playing the original Guild Wars. Apparently there are quite a few rewards you can earn in GW2 by playing the original. Since I have about a month until GW2 comes out, I figure it's a decent way to spend the time. It's actually going pretty well, I've got a level 7 character that I've picked up with and I'm starting to get the hang of it. Once you get over the annoying terrain that you can't get over, it's a nice looking game.

Gave up on Max Payne 3. Got to the last, or thereabouts, bossfight with a guy hiding behind a riot shield and shooting a grenade launcher, died close to 100 times on hard and a few more on easy. Just couldn't figure out what direction the game was shoohorning me into then decided I didn't care. A shame really it was pretty good otherwise.

Why are most bossfights anoying anomalies that you just wish were over. There are better ways of making it difficult than having the player go through a trail and error process because the gameplay is different from what you have been doing 90% of the time.

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

I hate the shooting mechanics in the GTA series.

What mechanics? I thought GTA was a racing game.

Too bad Rockstar hasn't realised it.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

I'm playing the original Guild Wars. Apparently there are quite a few rewards you can earn in GW2 by playing the original. Since I have about a month until GW2 comes out, I figure it's a decent way to spend the time. It's actually going pretty well, I've got a level 7 character that I've picked up with and I'm starting to get the hang of it. Once you get over the annoying terrain that you can't get over, it's a nice looking game.

Add Vykos Redmane in the game if you want, though I don't play much nowadays. Doing two Zaishen quests every day kinda sucked the fun out of the game. -_-