FO: NV (DLC)

Rosbjerg

repost

Beth received multiple requests to release an MP3 of the Dead Money song "Begin Again". An internal Obsidian production. Listen to it here

http://bethblog.com/index.php/2011/01/25/l...to-begin-again/

Staff:

Justin Bell - Music/text setting

Chris Avellone - Lyrics

Mike Dowling - Lyrics

Stephanie DeBrule - Vocal

Interview

What were some of your inspirations for the song?

Mikey Dowling: For me it was how sorrowful Justin

please release them on pc

is there anything else to discuss at this point?

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Release is so long ago that I don't really want to play it anymore now. It's funny, because I was pretty hyped up first but thanks to this long waiting time, I've cooled down.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

not to mention the exclusivity of the dlc was announced AFTER the title was released, making it absolutely useless from any potential marketing perspective.

i can only hope that this decision is reviewed at a later time and gets thrown into the horse armor bin of "never again"

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

I refuse to acknowledge the existence of this DLC until it is released for the PC.

There's a DLC? :)

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

One can only assume it was some marketing deal with MS. No other reason to limit your audience. Unless the cost of doing a pc version was too much to bother with?

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

One can only assume it was some marketing deal with MS. No other reason to limit your audience. Unless the cost of doing a pc version was too much to bother with?

They have a timed MS exclusive deal going, just like they had for FO3, except this time it's exclusive for x360, instead of exclusively boning ps3 like they did last time. I said this before, this means that Beth is taking MS's money instead of mine, not in addition to it. :ninja:

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Who the hell bought the 360 version of FNV anyways? Ive never heard of anyone

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

I know it may be too late. It seems like it's very easy to remove the quest compass in the PC version. Could Obsidian add such a option for Hardcore mode with the upcoming DLC for the console version? That's something I would reeally appreciate. >_<

Edited by Bendu

i thought someone did some sleuthing and found that pc sales were more like 30% of the sales for New Vegas? or was that bogus?

Someone may have done some estimates, but I never believed it. Actually we don't know what NV sales were, there's only the 5 million shipped announcement, I haven't seen anything else official.

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

it's one thing I don't understand about steam and pc sales in general, it seems impossible to determine what proportion of games are sold on the platform, and yet more and more games are being ported to PC, which makes me think that despite piracy concerns, there is still a significant amount of money to be made by releasing games on PC.

oh well, i guess if I really wanted to know I could quit my job and aggressively pursue employment at valve...

Anyone who played FNV on anything else than a PC really missed out on something. Its prettier, runs smoother and there is a ton of really cool mods.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Consoles:

+ hardware and firmware is the same for the entire install base

- that hardware is usually utter ****

Which is why I will always get the PC version and only use my crappy 360 for 'console exclusive' games.

I refuse to acknowledge the existence of this DLC until it is released for the PC.

This.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester