how do sea shanties work? because I never hear them despite high morale

and yes the checkbox is marked in audio settings...

my morale is 100/100 and marked as 'lively' I only ever hear incidental orchestral music while sailing...

so what exactly needs to happen for sea shanties to occur? or do they just not exist in this game despite what was said in one of the updates?

Mine were singing at 60, you sure you haven't turned it off on the options menu?

yes I do, in fact it was the first sentence I wrote. I've even tried clicking it off and clicking it back on again.

Edited by roverud

It's a bug.

And you're missing out. Shanties are amazing and now I go around the house singing them to myself after a long Deadfire session

Incidentally I'm from a maritime navy town with a colonial history

do the devs know it is a bug? I posted in technical help forum... I have not seen any mention of this bug anywhere on the internet, not from other players or from the devs...

Apologies for the double post.

Hello! There are a couple conditions you must meet prior to hearing sea shanties:

- You have to have visited Neketaka

- Morale needs to be higher than 30%

- Total crew size nee needs to exceed 20% of the total crew capacity of your ship

- You need to be sailing (i.e. not in combat or walking)

- They have a 40% chance of playing vs the non shanty music

My numbers might be slightly off but it's close. They react to other things too like gender ratio. If your crew is majority on gender it will change the gender of the lead singer. If it's full one gender or another, you'll only hear that one gender.

Curious to hear if you've met these conditions? Also, did you play in the beta?

• Like 8

@Developer: I have a Question! why is there more negative trait to morale then good ? Like : angry and such . But once you hit 100 it just content . Instead of 'content , happy , Drunkely Happy , Totaly wasted but still driving!''  :biggrin:

I'll bet ye've got all sorts o' barmy questions! (She mimics your heroic stance) Greetin's, I have some questions... can ye tell me about this place? Who's the Lady o' Pain? I'm lookin' fer the magic Girdle of Swank Iron, have ye seen it? Do ye know where a portal ta the 2,817th Plane o' the Abyss might be? Do ye know where the Holy Flamin' Frost-Brand Gronk-Slayin' Vorpal Hammer o' Woundin' an' Returnin' an' Shootin'-Lightnin'-Out-Yer-Bum is?

Elderly Hive Dweller

Apologies for the double post.

Hello! There are a couple conditions you must meet prior to hearing sea shanties:

- You have to have visited Neketaka

- Morale needs to be higher than 30%

- Total crew size nee needs to exceed 20% of the total crew capacity of your ship

- You need to be sailing (i.e. not in combat or walking)

- They have a 40% chance of playing vs the non shanty music

My numbers might be slightly off but it's close. They react to other things too like gender ratio. If your crew is majority on gender it will change the gender of the lead singer. If it's full one gender or another, you'll only hear that one gender.

Curious to hear if you've met these conditions? Also, did you play in the beta?

Ahh... I have yet to sail post-Neketaka. I'll come back and confirm following my next voyage!

My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/alephg

Currently playing: Roadwarden

@Developer: I have a Question! why is there more negative trait to morale then good ? Like : angry and such . But once you hit 100 it just content . Instead of 'content , happy , Drunkely Happy , Totaly wasted but still driving!'' :biggrin:

We almost did that! We were going to get everyone at the office drunk, sing the sea shanties, record them and put them in the game. Alas, we ran out of time :(

• Like 3