Yeah im still waiting for

"Updating Pillars of Eternity 2 Deadfire" - 12 minutes.

I almost had a heart attack when my **** internet pushed the timer to 1 day 4 hours. It suddenly reverted back, thank god.

Bon voyage all ;)

• Like 1

If your steam preload doesn't start decoding now, restart steam

GoG is such a joke. Never again. They completely lost me with this release. No preload, crappy refund policy, terrible launch (server problem). Do one GoG.

I don't really get why people gush over them. They still need some work to compete with steam tech wise, and the "but it is DRM-free" argument is bull**** as you can have DRM-free games on steam, just need a developer that actually wants it.

Used to use

GoG is such a joke. Never again. They completely lost me with this release. No preload, crappy refund policy, terrible launch (server problem).

Used to use GOG as well, then moved to Steam and never looked back.

• Like 1

"Those who look upon gods then say, without even knowing their names, 'He is Fire. She is Dance. He is Destruction. She is Love.' So, to reply to your statement, they do not call themselves gods. Everyone else does, though, everyone who beholds them."
"So they play that on their fascist banjos, eh?"
"You choose the wrong adjective."
"You've already used up all the others.”

Lord of Light

Impatient and all that, but the **** at GOG still haven't released it. Not the Fig/Backer edition at least. Keep getting 404 errors when clicking the download links, which is getting rather annoying.

Edit: Finally got it download now, but the file is reported in uGet as only 13.9GB while on GOG it is mentioned it should be 20GB :/

Edited by PangaeaACDC

I have over 300 games on steam and it's my main platform, I have Pillars 1 on Steam but I went with GoG because it was cheaper but never again. It is their biggest release since Pillars 1 and they can't do a preload and their refund policy is a joke too. 

I'll only ever use GoG for silly cheap games they clutter the thing with, never again for a major release. That being said, the game is now downloading and maxing out my connection which is good, but a preload and a more transparent refund policy would be appreciated.

still not released for me on steam (central europe)

Have you restarted Steam, maybe reboot the machine as well...

"Those who look upon gods then say, without even knowing their names, 'He is Fire. She is Dance. He is Destruction. She is Love.' So, to reply to your statement, they do not call themselves gods. Everyone else does, though, everyone who beholds them."
"So they play that on their fascist banjos, eh?"
"You choose the wrong adjective."
"You've already used up all the others.”

Lord of Light

Yeah im still waiting for

"Updating Pillars of Eternity 2 Deadfire" - 12 minutes.

I almost had a heart attack when my **** internet pushed the timer to 1 day 4 hours. It suddenly reverted back, thank god.

Bon voyage all ;)

Mine spiked initially at "more than 1 year", but calmed down after that. Been moving between 10 and 20 minutes. So it's all okay I guess.

I'll do it, for a turnip.

DnD item quality description mod (for PoE2) by peardox

Not downloading for me on GOG either, apparently backers don't get access to the game on GOG by the looks of things. Looking at the news comments on GOG it seems to be the backer version.

"That rabbit's dynamite!" - King Arthur, Monty Python and the Quest for the Holy Grail

"Space is big, really big." - Douglas Adams

Fraaaaack why won't GoG Galaxy release it yet...? I've gotta take this computer to work in twenty minutes, and the internet there's like cold molasses! 

Not ideal, but not inclined to shake my fist at GoG much yet. They're good samaritans for what they do.

Not downloading for me on GOG either, apparently backers don't get access to the game on GOG by the looks of things. Looking at the news comments on GOG it seems to be the backer version.

You generated a GOG claim code from the backer portal and redeemed it on GOG, correct?

Grand Rhetorist of the Obsidian Order

If you appeal to "realism" about a video game feature, you are wrong. Go back and try again.

60% to go through GOG. Soon so soon.

Edited by wolfrider100

" Life... is strength. That is not to be contested, it seems

logical enough. You live, you affect your world. "

Jon Irenicus ´

I don't understand why anyone would do these sort of intricate things on GoG. They're consistently inconsistent with new releases and they seem to never learn from their own mistakes. I do feel sorry for those of you who always put your trust in them to handle new releases. Unfortunately, it'll be in vain this time as well.  :banghead:

• Like 1