- some - Companions Attributes

Serafen:

M: 16
C: 12
D: 13
P: 13
I: 13
R: 15

Strange attributes for a barbarian/cipher, the might is good but the rest is just a mess.

Xoti:

M: 12
D: 16
P: 12
I: 16
R: 13

Well, at least we will have an excellent priest this time - I will never forgive your 9 dex/per Durance...

Aloth:

M: 14
D: 12
P: 14
R: 14

It's almost the same... maybe it changes depending on your ending... but he has more Might and less dexterity, with this stats Aloth would be an amazing battlemage.

Edér:

M: 16
C: 17
D: 11
I: 10
R: 14

Well... that is a tank if I ever saw one and a good one.

Note that they were all equipped so some attributes were boosted by itens, but I believe we can get some idea.

My comments were based only on the usefulness of their attributes in combat. It's a well known fact that their personality have a huge role on their attributes. I also know that the companions are good enough for being used in PotD.

• Like 1

I seem to remember that in one of the streams the question "can attributes on companions be rerolled too" was asked, but I didn't remember the answer. Anyone know? And yeah, that durance stats... geez

No definitive answer I believe. If I recall correctly Josh said he thinks we can but wasn't completely positive about it.

I've also not seen any mention or answer to whether Companion's stats will differ based on the Class/Multi-class we choose for them, which to me would be a pretty reasonable thing to do, but maybe they aren't doing that.

attributes for maia, pallegina, tekehu and ydwin is viewable in the most recent twitch stream.  however, the distributions is peculiar in that they is a bit more optimized than one would expect, and we suspect a respec by andy. also, gear (including pet bonuses) and consumables is likely altering the viewable numbers.

am embarrassed to admit we do in fact recall all the attributes (and skill levels) for the joinables utilized in the recent twitch stream, but am too lazy to post all such info.  displayed companion/sidekick attributes is viewable near end o' the stream... almost immediate before final battle. 

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Nice catch.

Xoti:

Well, at least we will have an excellent priest this time - I will never forgive your 9 dex/per Durance...

Hmm, why were you mad about low per for Durance...? He's Magran too so he doesn't even have a great +accuracy talent to stack with per.

Durance mostly exists to casts spells on his own party. PER/DEX never needed to be priorities for him.

• Like 4

"Art and song are creations but so are weapons and lies"

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

Durance mostly exists to casts spells on his own party. PER/DEX never needed to be priorities for him.

My durance was mostly my hard-hitting arquebus gunner who occasionally used support spell.  People overrate attributes in PoE since there extremely easy to raise.  In fact, priests get a level 7 spell that raises all of their attributes by 8 points.

• Like 3

Dex is good, since you can cast buffs faster. Buffs don't even benefit from might so I'd say the priority is Int > Dex > Might for most priests.

Edited by z_liquid

Dex is good, since you can cast buffs faster. Buffs don't even benefit from might so I'd say the priority is Int > Dex > Might for most priests.
No but the large AoE, long duration, offensive spells (i.e. Shining Beacon) sure do. Durance is currently leading my party in kills and he’s never equipped anything other than his staff.

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

This, and his +10 friendly AoE accuracy bonus on Holy Radiance was a beast which more than made up for his Per weakness. He was a pretty integral part of my party at all times.

• Like 1

My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/alephg

Currently playing: Roadwarden

This, and his +10 friendly AoE accuracy bonus on Holy Radiance was a beast which more than made up for his Per weakness. He was a pretty integral part of my party at all times.

On anything but PotD you can just skip priest all together. On PotD though? Sign me up with überbuff Durance. Perception and Dexterity are not needed - just intellect for area/duration.

The Deadfire Xoti's stats look better because there's what - 4 extra points across the board compared to Durance's?

Edited by Queeg

If my post hasn't been edited yet, I'm still looking to find the error I made typing it.

In order to cast fast you need DEX. I don't know which difficult you played on, but a custom priest with only 15 dex were way better than Durance.

Nice catch.

Xoti:

Hmm, why were you mad about low per for Durance...? He's Magran too so he doesn't even have a great +accuracy talent to stack with per.

What? That don't make any sense. He has a famous build with the arquebus - that I'm using right now and I have to say it's a lot of fun - that is only possible because he has at least 4 talents that gives him accuracy, 2 of them being exclusive to Magran.

No but the large AoE, long duration, offensive spells (i.e. Shining Beacon) sure do. Durance is currently leading my party in kills and he’s never equipped anything other than his staff.

Your Durance is killing more than Edér, Aloth, Kana, Sagani, HIRAVIAS - the most OP character in the game -, GV, Zahua, Devil of Caroc and Maneha? Well... you should make some better builds for the rest of the party them...

On anything but PotD you can just skip priest all together. On PotD though? Sign me up with überbuff Durance. Perception and Dexterity are not needed - just intellect for area/duration.

The Deadfire Xoti's stats look better because there's what - 4 extra points across the board compared to Durance's?

Nah... she looks way better because of high int and dex, dex is important, you should try using a custom priest and you will see how much better they fare, but, like I said, Durance is good enough, at least he can tank some hits.

1) Depends on where these stats came from. If it’s from Wednesday’s dev stream, then there are likely to be modifiers that need to be accounted for.

2) Xoti has to be viable as a monk, a consideration not applicable for Durance

• Like 2

Your Durance is killing more than Edér, Aloth, Kana, Sagani, HIRAVIAS - the most OP character in the game -, GV, Zahua, Devil of Caroc and Maneha? Well... you should make some better builds for the rest of the party them...
That’s one possible explanation. Another is that you don’t know how to play him effectively (i.e. slowly shooting one enemy at a time)
  • Like 1

1) Depends on where these stats came from. If it’s from Wednesday’s dev stream, then there are likely to be modifiers that need to be accounted for.

Yeah.  That Xoti build is definitely running a little hot. She's at a +6 from the base 75 attribute points that all the Deadfire companions are expected to have.

The twitch stream was showing off some high-level content, so 81 points doesn't seem too out-of-spec.

• Like 1

That’s one possible explanation. Another is that you don’t know how to play him effectively (i.e. slowly shooting one enemy at a time)

I don't know, Hiravias don't give me enough time to deal damage with anyone else.

I don't know, Hiravias don't give me enough time to deal damage with anyone else.

post-1981-0-53314900-1524873531_thumb.jpg

:)

Edited by Achilles
  • Like 1

Sure he has beast mode. Priest is one of the best damage dealers in the game. You just need high MIG and INT and a good DoT spell. Now look at Durance's stats, Minor Avatar and Shining Beacon.

In comparison to that any arquebus shot is just wasted time (as long as you still have spells and are willing to use them). But I agree that it can be fun to shoot stuff with a priest.

Out of curiosity: which two exclusive magranite talents improve accuracy with the arquebus? I only know of Inspired Flame which will give you +10 to arquebus and sword and will put you on a fighter's level in terms of ACC with those two weapons.

I agree though that Durance feels a bit sluggish once you cast the lengthier buffs - like Devotions for example.

But I wouldn't say that a hireling priest is better: in the toughest part of the game a hireling will be one level behind Durance which not only equals -3 ACC and defenses, lesser endurance and health - but more importantly you will get access to important stuff like Inspiring Radiance later.

Why are Deadfire companions supposed to only have 75 stat points? Don't they get 78 like they did in PoE - and like the MC gets?

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 3

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Sure he has beast mode. Priest is one of the best damage dealers in the game. You just need high MIG and INT and a good DoT spell. Now look at Durance's stats, Minor Avatar and Shining Beacon.

Precisely
  • Like 1

Of course you can't really see his full damage dealing awesomeness in the char sheet. At least not if you don't install MaxQuest's mod which allows DoT damage to get logged properly.

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods