Josh Sawyer's tweets and teasers, part III

:lol:

You sure do have a knack for picking bad horses to bet on.

"Art and song are creations but so are weapons and lies"

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

I'm fairly certain that's an emoticon, not a horse. But my Perception IRL is not particularly high, so I might be mistaken.

The Sharmat on Sensuki:

"It is not Baldur's Gate 3 he yearns to play. It is the experience of playing Baldur's Gate for the first time."

Again, focus on the posts and not the posters. You claiming that others have an agenda to besmirch the devolper is just virtue signaling. :yes:
1) says the guy who crawled out of the woodwork because he thought he saw an opportunity to take a pot-shot (so, hypocrite)

2) Reading comprehension *should* reveal that I am questioning the content of the post. I’m really sorry that this continues to evade you, however there’s only so much I can do.

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

1) says the guy who crawled out of the woodwork because he thought he saw an opportunity to take a pot-shot (so, hypocrite)

2) Reading comprehension *should* reveal that I am questioning the content of the post. I’m really sorry that this continues to evade you, however there’s only so much I can do.

Yeah, apparently lying about something that is easily verifiable is going to...actually I have no idea what he’s hoping to get out of this. Virtue signalling for his anti-Josh buddies or something?

@JerekKruger  I admit that the way he spoke (tenses), he could have been referencing the gameplay before they adjusted things to make it more balanced, and I hope your right.

That's how I read it. It doesn't make sense, at least to me, for him to be talking about the current state. In any case we'll see soon enough.

Yeah, apparently lying about something that is easily verifiable is going to...actually I have no idea what he’s hoping to get out of this. Virtue signalling for his anti-Josh buddies or something?

Here you go, buddy

Q: With changes to single-class talents and ability points multiclasses are now slightly behind in terms of talents and abilities. Will multi-classes get more points as well, or are we to belive that multiclass synergies are enough of a benefit to consider multiclass and single-class balanced?

A: Um, overall, I think the synergy benefits of multiclasses are pretty darn good. Um, obviously, some of this is gonna be subjective - I mean there can be some objective things where you can say, like, "oh statistically, this come out this way" um...but overall I think they're in a fairly good place. I think it's less likely that multiclassing overall is going to be worse than single-classing or vice versa. I think what will happen is we will still see, even with the feedback we've gotten and tuning we've done - we'll still see that there are multiclass combinations that are insanely powerful and some that don't synergize fairly well...we can address some of that, uh, some of them we can only do so much with though. There's also all the subclass stuff to consider, so I would - I think that overall playing multiclass is - in my opinion, which is just my opinion, so certainly people can disagree with it, feels pretty good. Um, I think that single-class felt like fairly far behind, even though they had higher power levels and access to higher level abilities sooner, they still felt like they were kinda losing out because they just didn't have anywhere near the same number of abilities.

So, overall, I feel they are probably in a pretty decent place, but we can continue to kinda tune some of that stuff as time goes on.

Nowhere does Josh “admit” that multiclass is currently more powerful than single-class. So, Faustus is a) legitimately confused about what is being said or b) purposely taking Josh out of context to push some agenda.

Since there are some people around here are guilty of the latter *looks directly at you*, I think it’s fair to try to determine which of these scenarios is the case.

Since he went on to post the same blatantly inaccurate take in another thread, I feel quite comfortable assuming that he’s vying for membership in that tribe, though I’m happy to be mistaken.

What facile argument would you like to wave around next?

Ignoring any lapse in forum civilities if any. I agree with Achilles' and JerekKruger's interpretations of Josh's statement. It's the same impression I got on the first go-around of listening, the second, and reading the transcript. Single-class and sub-classes are all about min/maxing, multi-classes are all about synergies and breadth. The recent single-classes changes have seemed to pull single-classes into alignment better with their original intent, while multi-class options remain as potent as ever with the small caveat that certain pairings may end up as outliers.

But it's not like a single character build is all you consider, certain synergies lie within party design so further issues relating to imbalances are going to be amortized out over you're whole party anyways.

• Like 3

@JerekKruger I admit that the way he spoke (tenses), he could have been referencing the gameplay before they adjusted things to make it more balanced, and I hope your right.

That's how I read it. It doesn't make sense, at least to me, for him to be talking about the current state. In any case we'll see soon enough.

It doesn’t make any sense to you that he would do a Q&A about the current version of the game four days after releasing it to the beta community? Why in the world would he use a build (beta 3) that he hasn’t seen in months as his context for “current”? Really?

Again, focus on the posts and not the posters. You claiming that others have an agenda to besmirch the developer is just virtue signaling. :yes:

You can say it a 3rd time, if makes you feel better. Still won’t make it true though.

Full Disclosure of "My Agenda"

I want to create a party mixing some single-class and some multi-class characters upon release of PoE2.  I am hoping that one of these two types doesn't outshine the other.

I have no intention of besmirching the developer.  I think he and his staff are making an awesome game that i'm excited to play.  I wish him continued success, health, and happiness. 

The game has not yet been released, therefore I am discussing the game with this forum in an effort to "pre-play" or prepare to play the game, in my imagination, for entertainment...

You can say it a 3rd time, if makes you feel better. Still won’t make it true though.

Heh, I don't have to do a thing. You will run yourself into the ground "teaching me a lesson". :yes:
Ok

Full Disclosure of "My Agenda"

I want to create a party mixing some single-class and some multi-class characters upon release of PoE2. I am hoping that one of these two types doesn't outshine the other.

I have no intention of besmirching the developer. I think he and his staff are making an awesome game that i'm excited to play. I wish him continued success, health, and happiness.

The game has not yet been released, therefore I am discussing the game with this forum in an effort to "pre-play" or prepare to play the game, in my imagination, for entertainment...

I’ll be doing the same.

But I still don’t know what that has to do with you coming on here and accusing Josh of saying something that he didn’t (and wouldn’t even make sense for him to say if he did). No matter.

The major problem with trying to design PoE 2 so that single-class is more powerful while multi-class is more versatile is that for many class combinations either one would require a radical redesign of class abilities relative to PoE 1. That hasn't happened. So on the one hand we have weapons using multiclasses being more powerful than single-class, and on the other we have many multiclass combinations that don't add substantive versatility relative to single-class.

Of course, it's still possible than fighters et cetera get enormously powerful higher-level abilities beyond the scope of the beta. But the beta represents at least about half of the game.

I’m not sure why people keep missing this point.

Not sure, is it in a wiki or some other static information site somewhere? I had no idea, so thanks for sharing!

It was covered at length in the multiclass updates and I’m pretty sure it’s come up in the Dev Q&As too.

But I still don’t know what that has to do with you coming on here and accusing Josh of saying something that he didn’t (and wouldn’t even make sense for him to say if he did). No matter.

I didn't accuse him of saying something he didn't.  I quoted him verbatim.  I think now that we've discussed my original post, it's not entirely clear what he meant by what he said; and what he meant to say by what he said is open to interpretation.

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

It doesn’t make any sense to you that he would do a Q&A about the current version of the game four days after releasing it to the beta community? Why in the world would he use a build (beta 3) that he hasn’t seen in months as his context for “current”? Really?

It didn't make much sense to me that the past tense statements about single class characters feeling a little weak due to having fewer abilities would be in reference to the newest beta build where, amongst other changes, single class characters were given more abilities no.

• Like 1