Update #42 - The Backer Beta is Live!

Greetings, everyone. In this latest update, we are very happy to announce that the Backer Beta is now live! If you pledged at a tier that included the Backer Beta, or purchased it as an add-on during the Fig campaign, you can get your key for either Steam or GOG in the Products Page of your Account Profile. Then head on over to our forums for instructions on how to get the beta set up. We know you're excited to play, so go ahead and get to it! It's okay. We'll continue on when you're installing the Backer Beta.

Installing? Great!

Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire Producer Katrina Garsten, sat down with Design Director Josh Sawyer, to ask him about the Backer Beta and what players can expect, so let's check out what they have for us!

Excited about the Backer Beta? So are we! We're looking forward to getting all of your feedback to help make Deadfire the premier RPG. If you didn't get the Backer Beta during the campaign, you are still able to add it to your existing pledge now!

But Wait, There's More!

Today also marks the release of Pillars of Eternity: Definitive Edition. This complete collection of Pillars of Eternity comes with everything from the Royal Edition as well as both of the White March expansions. Not only that, but we're also releasing a new free DLC for Pillars of Eternity called the "Deadfire Pack" that will get you some new Deadfire inspired items! You can get the Pillars of Eternity: Definitive Edition now on Steam or GOG.

And one more thing...

The Coming Soon page for Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire is now live on Steam and GOG complete with a new trailer and new screenshots!

That's all for this update. We'll be back before the end of the year and take a look back on how far Deadfire has come since the launch of the campaign back in January (along with a few fun surprises). See you all then!

If you missed the last update, be sure to check it out!

• Like 11

On Twitter @MikeyDowling

Will there be some upgrade pack for for those who have regular edition on GOG already to buy just the upgrade to get the definitive eidition?

I bought Pillars 1 through GOG the Deadifre DLC Pack's available as a free download, though you'll also need to download the latest patch for PoE/White March (if applicable). If you use Steam, the Deadfire DLC Pack is here.

• Like 1

Will there be some upgrade pack for for those who have regular edition on GOG already to buy just the upgrade to get the definitive eidition?

I bought Pillars 1 through GOG the Deadifre DLC Pack's available as a free download, though you'll also need to download the latest patch for PoE/White March (if applicable). If you use Steam, the Deadfire DLC Pack is here.

Yeah, I know. I mean if there will be a way to get the single download for the definitive edition from GOG, once you buy all parts separately.

Edited by shmerl

I had to let the patch fully load on steam. Then go back into steam to download the new DLC separately. It downloads in like 3 seconds... to check go into your Steam Game Library, right click Pilllars, choose Properties it’s the last choice then choose the DLClisting. You will see the Deadfire Pack listed with a check mark.

Edited by Blades of Vanatar

No matter which fork in the road you take I am certain adventure awaits.

First up - 'grats on the beta release - looking forward to seeing it in action (even though I don't have the beta myself, it's still fun to see :) )
Second - mega thanks for the Free Deadfire DLC for PoE1 - AND we now seem to have the Royal Edition goodies added too :w00t: (at least if we've got the base + white march expansions + Deadfire DLC)

• Like 1

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*Casts Nature's Terror* :aiee: , *Casts Firebug* :fdevil: , *Casts Rot-Skulls* :skull: , *Casts Garden of Life* :luck: *Spirit-shifts to cat form* :cat:

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I have had the opportunity to play the backer beta for approximately 6 hours and have noticed a few issues/glitches with the game.

1. The HUD is sporadically available at best and difficult to interact with.  Many times while playing the icons on the HUD would disappear making combat quite difficult.

2. Combat on Poko Kohara...  A desert Wyrm and Sand Blight on a few occasions decide to continue living after they are vanquished.  They are not target-able and they do not cause or receive damage, making them immortal ghosts?  As such it locks the party in combat mode which does not permit you to proceed in the game, pickup items, or do anything else....  I was not able to flee combat or figure out a way to remedy the issue.  Save features are disabled while in combat and you are not able to leave a section of the map to 'reset' the NPCs.  This glitch rendered the beta unplayable.

3. Ruins Doors and Chests.  There are two chests and one door that can not be opened by any of the characters.  The mechanic skill level required for lock picking the door or chest exceeds the skills of any of the party members thereby prohibiting game progression.  I could be mistaken, I am new the game and series... but I have not been able to figure out how to either further increase my mechanics skills or find another way to open the higher level doors and chest.

Otherwise I really enjoyed playing, and posted game play footage on YouTube.  I look forward to the next update and release.

Thank You,

Seantdstewart aka The Home GAM3R

hey guys, just chiming in some thoughts on what i have played.  to start, things that dont seem to be working quite right.  in my experience, its pretty much exclusively UI issues, but a decent amount of them.  pop up text coming up in locations that are half off screen, making them unreadable, combat interface for the included mage vibrates and tier four spells are not accessible for some reason, and a handful of typos.

other than that, everything hit the mark for me.  i love the graphical improvements, the game looks so much more alive now.  the individual combat logs are a great small touch, as is the lore glossary for dialogue.  i love that spells can be moved and that level scaling is an option.  multi classing and subclasses both blew my mind! character creation took more than an hour, and i loved every minute of it!  The Huana and Vailia were well fleshed out here as well, both with substantial pros and cons, as always.  all in all, this little taste has me very excited for more!