RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS - 'NON-FAKE-NEWS EDITION'

Rosbjerg

I love the jump from voice actors on strike ----> all other voice actors that arent striking are crap. And god knows that one example from one person certainly seals the conversation!

Imo, besides us forum nerds, nobody noticed a thing. And fyi, we are the VAST minority of players.

That's usually the case.

Like I said, there are people out there who are just as good (of not better) than the talent that is in the gaming industry... but people would have to do proper research before realizing such things.

It's really no different than anything else in the gaming industry. People will buy a bad CoD game just because of the name/legacy. People will buy a product just because they want to support it and see more.. like when Steam gets a bad port of a localized game, they'll give it a good review despite it's problems simply because they want more of that specific thing. No different than the voice actor thing.

If we look at indie games which have lower budget actors or even people who do the voice overs for free simply to get their name out there, they usually are as good or better than AAA top-budget actors. Of course, remastering audio has something to do with it too which people tend to forget.

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

Another **** patent by activision

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

For CAR there's a very strong probability that they're foreign peacekeepers or maybe diplomatic staff. It's the poorest country in the world per capita (iirc) and they have a civil war going as well. The vast majority of the population has more pressing issues to worry about than how much they'd be willing to pay for dlc and what type they prefer.

I don't remember if you entered country of origin yourself, but if not; VPN?

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

It was a standardised drop down menu for country selection, though very much iirc. So yeah, some of the results were probably misclicks or edginess.

There were also an unspecified number of respondents from North Korea and only a few hundred North Koreans have unrestricted internet access. Though to be fair, Mr Kim is rumoured to be a bit of a gamer.

Say goodbye to Respawn, while you can.

They are being acquired by EA. And you know what that means...

http://www.siliconera.com/2017/11/10/ea-set-acquire-titanfall-studio-respawn-entertainment/

• Like 1

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

What annoyed me about the survey was how they lumped expansions and DLC together. NWN 1 & 2 didn't have any DLC, they had expansions. Gives a bit of a wrong image of "people who bought Obsidian DLC" imho. (not that I imagine it would make a huge difference, but still)

Edited by marelooke
  • Like 1

What annoyed me about the survey was how they lumped expansions and DLC together. NWN 1 & 2 didn't have any DLC, they had expansions. Gives a bit of a wrong image of "people who bought Obsidian DLC" imho. (not that I imagine it would make a huge difference, but still)

I think it's because now a days there is no "difference" really, it's a word now that covers all of it. It's like why are PC/weapon skins considered a dlc but so is like OWB or DM which have new areas/weapons/stories/etc?

New steam-punk game by the people who made Player Unknown Battlegrounds...

https://youtu.be/awvTUppStak

• Like 1

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

It really does! I didn't care too much for PUBG but their new game looks fantastic :) Kudos to them!

it also looks like the video is running at 10 FPS at certain points

• Like 1
Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

I'm going to guess that the poor framerate is due because it's early alpha footage, the game will probably release on early access in beta build.

I think it's because now a days there is no "difference" really, it's a word now that covers all of it. It's like why are PC/weapon skins considered a dlc but so is like OWB or DM which have new areas/weapons/stories/etc?

Size is the biggest difference as far as I'm concerned, a good example would be Dragon Age: Origins, it had a bunch of DLC that added minor new areas/weapons (eg. Return to Ostagar) and a full expansion "Awakening". (now arguably a bunch of the DA:O DLC where pathetically small for their price tag)

If they're selling me an "expansion" my expectations are going to be rather different than when you sell me a DLC, both regarding the scope as well as the associated price tag. And while Old World Blues, Dead Money and the other story DLC for F:NV were bigger than the norm I don't think they're big enough to qualify as expansions either.

Star Wars Battlefront II: It Takes 40 Hours to Unlock a Hero

https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsBattlefront/comments/7c6bjm/it_takes_40_hours_to_unlock_a_hero_spreadsheet/

Looks like their worst form of micro-transactions yet.

Edited by Bartimaeus

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

New steam-punk game by the people who made Player Unknown Battlegrounds...

https://youtu.be/awvTUppStak

That looks pretty badass

Why do they call it an "open world game" instead of just stating it's a MMO up front (we'll see how much RPG there is when it releases...).

After the GW2 mount debacle I'm not sure I even want to bother with another MMO again, not until some regulation is put in place to weed out the most abusive monetization practices at least.

Edited by marelooke

Star Wars Battlefront II: It Takes 40 Hours to Unlock a Hero

https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsBattlefront/comments/7c6bjm/it_takes_40_hours_to_unlock_a_hero_spreadsheet/

Looks like their worst form of micro-transactions yet.

"If these are the final numbers for release DICE is going to have a hard time justifying this to the fanbase."

I find it hard to believe that anyone could be this naïve in this day and age. DICE/EA don't need to justify anything because any turd with the Star Wars label is a license to print money. Even after all the mismanagement, the content drought and blatant attempts at milking the remaining playerbase in SWTOR, they haven't been able to tank that game yet.

Despite all the whining and moaning, and much like with its predecessor, they will laugh all the way to the bank.

In related news: https://www.cnbc.com/2017/11/01/electronic-arts-shares-drop-after-wall-street-raises-concerns-over-star-wars-game-sales.html

"EA's stock is up 52 percent year to date through Tuesday compared with the S&P 500's 15 percent gain."

Of course, it's not enough (the headline highlights the small drop, and the aggregate increase in value is literally a ****ing footnote), because muh businesses need to make profit u entitled child!!1 lol

Edited by 213374U

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Why do they call it an "open world game" instead of just stating it's a MMO up front (we'll see how much RPG there is when it releases...).

After the GW2 mount debacle I'm not sure I even want to bother with another MMO again, not until some regulation is put in place to weed out the most abusive monetization practices at least.

Good question. I don't know too much about the game, it might be an rpg, it might be a building game or it might be just purely combat. Perhaps they call it open world because you can play it offline/sp mode. That is the best guess I can come up with for ya. Seems to be represent itself as an interesting hybrid from what the trailer shows anyway.

• Like 1