Politics 2017 Act 6

More info on Seth Rich. It seems he sent a lot of info to Wikileaks: https://pjmedia.com/trending/2017/05/16/fox-news-murdered-dnc-staffer-sent-44053-internal-emails-to-wikileaks/

And the police were "ordered" not to do a thorough investigation according to the PI looking into it: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4509952/DNC-staffer-Seth-Rich-DID-links-Wikileaks.html

Oh yeah... the Clintons had him killed. I'd bet on it. After all he wouldn't be the first.

And I'm sure it's just a coincidence all this breaks on the day Trump gets himself in hot water.

I love conspiracy theories! No proof required. Just a few facts connected with conjecture!

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

More info on Seth Rich. It seems he sent a lot of info to Wikileaks: https://pjmedia.com/trending/2017/05/16/fox-news-murdered-dnc-staffer-sent-44053-internal-emails-to-wikileaks/

And the police were "ordered" not to do a thorough investigation according to the PI looking into it: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4509952/DNC-staffer-Seth-Rich-DID-links-Wikileaks.html

Oh yeah... the Clintons had him killed. I'd bet on it. After all he wouldn't be the first.

And I'm sure it's just a coincidence all this breaks on the day Trump gets himself in hot water.

I love conspiracy theories! No proof required. Just a few facts connected with conjecture!

!!!

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

McCain gets a lot of mileage from the POW status of 40 years ago

That type of story doesn't really expire though. I mean I don't think he is just coasting on it or anything, but that gives him some lifelong street cred in my world. 

I don't agree with his domestic policy and to a lesser extent -- his hawkishness. But I respect the hell out of him for his distinguished service in the Navy and in Washington.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

That type of story doesn't really expire though. I mean I don't think he is just coasting on it or anything, but that gives him some lifelong street cred in my world. 

keep in mind it were trump who brought up the pow status o' mccain in 2015.  mccain weren't even running 'gainst trump.  for no conceivable reason we can see, trump spontaneously questions the one unassailable aspect o' mccain's history: his war record.

*shrug*

even when there is no reasonable defense o' trump behavior, many o' his loyalist defend him.  the present situation is just another case o' trump mind numbing incompetence.  sure, the President can declassify.  the original washington post article stated it were unlikely trump did anything illegal by leaking classified precise 'cause he can declassify.  could declassify seawolf sub capabilities too. identify what trump can do is red herring. can do is far different than should do.

so we got a President who has had his campaign under investigation for collusion with russians, and contemporaneous with firing the fbi director handling the investigation o' such collusion, he invites russian diplomats into a closed-door meeting where he proceeds to divulge code-word classified info to the russian diplomats... and russian journalists.  yesterday the wh story were that no classified info were divulged, but trump blew up that narrative.

the trump defenders baffle us.  p*$$y grabs and attacks o' mccain's actions in vietnam and the literal dozen o' post january 20 ice cream headache moments we has needed suffer as we read new stories 'bout trump rage tweets and hasty executive orders baffle us. am getting how folks don't like beltway politicians, but this can't be what you wanted as an alternative. 

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Leferd that Seth Rich story is not nothing. Yeah I'm making light of it because that's what I do. But is absolutely possible that he was assassinated for political reasons. That Clinton "death list" thing is 90% BS... but not 100% by any means. There are a few names on it that died under circumstances that give you pause. 

But is also might not be a coincidence that it comes out the day after Trump's mouth gets him in trouble. Not that it's getting much traction in the media.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Well, I'm with Gromnir on Trumps comments about McCain. If I were a Trump supporter that idiotic POW comment would have been it for me. As far as I'm concerned if you've never worn the uniform you can just shut the f--k up about the service of those who did. Trump has no clue what the f--k he's talking about.

Trump is the first Republican candidate in my lifetime that did not receive overwhelming electoral support from the Military: http://www.militarytimes.com/articles/this-poll-of-the-us-military-has-gary-johnson-tied-with-donald-trump-in-the-race-for-president

Thomas Sowell

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/news/make-believe-maverick-20081016

Soon after McCain hit the ground in Hanoi, the code went out the window. "I'll give you military information if you will take me to the hospital," he later admitted pleading with his captors. McCain now insists the offer was a bluff, designed to fool the enemy into giving him medical treatment. In fact, his wounds were attended to only after the North Vietnamese discovered that his father was a Navy admiral. What has never been disclosed is the manner in which they found out: McCain told them. According to Dramesi, one of the few POWs who remained silent under years of torture, McCain tried to justify his behavior while they were still prisoners. "I had to tell them," he insisted to Dramesi, "or I would have died in bed."

Dramesi says he has no desire to dishonor McCain's service, but he believes that celebrating the downed pilot's behavior as heroic — "he wasn't exceptional one way or the other" — has a corrosive effect on military discipline. "This business of my country before my life?" Dramesi says. "Well, he had that opportunity and failed miserably. If it really were country first, John McCain would probably be walking around without one or two arms or legs — or he'd be dead."

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

:lol:  Rolling Stone LOL. No there is a publication with zero credibility!

• Like 1

Thomas Sowell

So what's the difference to all other publications, according to you?

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

rolling stone has broken a number of important stories.  we do not disparage a rolling stone article simple 'cause it is rolling stone.  the article does offer a different narrative, and is worth reading. 

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 2

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Three words: Duke Rape Story. There are about half a dozen others but that was the worst by far. All in the same vein though. If a story sounds good and fits their narrative it does not need to be true to be in Rolling Stone.

Thomas Sowell

Three words: Duke Rape Story. There are about half a dozen others but that was the worst by far. All in the same vein though. If a story sounds good and fits their narrative it does not need to be true to be in Rolling Stone.

there were also criticism o' the mcchrystal story.  seniority o' sources were exaggerated.  accuracy o' quotes were questioned. etc.  

even so, as much as there were criticism o' the mccain article, and a number o' folks close to the story tell a substantial different account, am not gonna reject rolling stone out of hand simple 'cause they clear have an agenda they is trying to advance.  whether it is the story involving over privileged white kids at duke, or a decorated US serviceman, am knowing rolling stone is gonna spin as much as possible. such a recognition don't make everything they report wrong.  am indeed cautious, but rolling stone nevertheless provides in depth reporting not always available from traditional sources.

oh, and we think some o' the rolling stone best singer/guitarist/song lists are crap, but such belongs in a different thread.

HA! Good Fun!

Edited by Gromnir

Johannes Mehserle does not reflect on BART police officers. Lawrence Phillips is not a reflection on the student body of the University of Nebraska. Toe Nash does not represent the Tampa Bay Devil Rays organization. 

Rolling Stone publishes a hell lot more great pieces of long form journalism than a dud here or there. I'll take their body of work over Breitbart, NewsMax, InfoWars, and the special drivel from hacks like Hannity, Fox and Friends, and the late Bill O'Reilly on FNC.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

No Gromnir that isn't spin. They are making s--t up. A quick search on google turns up a number of times they attributed some rather dumb quotes to George W Bush he never said. One of which was from a Comedy Central TV show skit. When Huffington Post is calling out Rolling Stone for bad journalism something is up. 

Thomas Sowell

Johannes Mehserle does not reflect on BART police officers. Lawrence Phillips is not a reflection on the student body of the University of Nebraska. Toe Nash does not represent the Tampa Bay Devil Rays organization. 

Rolling Stone publishes a hell lot more great pieces of long form journalism than a dud here or there. I'll take their body of work over Breitbart, NewsMax, InfoWars, and the special drivel from hacks like Hannity, Fox and Friends, and the late Bill O'Reilly on FNC.

If I may quote Seinfeld "next to garbage is garbage" The same editors that passed the "good" stories passed and defended the "bad" ones. I would rank them right there with Breibart, NewsMax, and Infowars. Alex Jones just makes s--t up too. It's Mother Jones with a pop culture section. And if they do pop put a few good stories so does Breibart.

Hell even a broken clock is right twice a day.

Thomas Sowell

Don't agree but fair enough. But then, maybe I'm a hopeless romantic for the Fourth Estate.

There have been more than a few stories about McCain not being a model pilot and being bailed out by daddy though, and from sources other than RS. While some can be dismissed as at best highly unlikely- like him being responsible for the Forrestal fire- his early record was outright atrocious and included crashing three aircraft due to either inattention or outright hot dogging. While I would not claim expertise on the matter I find it hard to believe anyone without McCain's family connections would still be employed after that record.

Still, 2000 era politician McCain was fine until Rove drove him bonkers. 2008+ McCain though, dreadful. While the story of him being pictured with Baghdadi is incorrect he did visit the 'FSA' and have his picture taken with multiple guys who became senior ISIS and Al Qaeda leaders, and the guy who was misidentified as Baghdadi is currently an Al Nusra leader. And his talking points on foreign policy uniformly come straight out of either Riyadh or west Jerusalem.

C_-DQBnU0AAkfI1.jpg

Yeah, that's certainly the most believable general reason, and the main reason I think it's a beat up rather than genuine intelligence concerns. The most believable specific reason is still that I cannot think of a scenario where information on the laptop plot would actually compromise anything more than the already available info.

(Indie article Meshugger linked is wrong though, source was not Israel. Indeed, chaos in Syria is a big plus for Israel and they have actively helped both (!) the ISIS pocket on the border of their occupied section of the Golan Heights and the Al Qaeda/ Al Nusra one, however counter intuitive that may seem. Source was almost certainly Jordan)

"rolling stone has broken a number of important stories."

More than one being pure bull****. To be epxected from a mag based on a band. LMAO

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.