A side effect of that many proficiencies (1 every third level) is: of what use is the increased number of proficiencies the Black Jacket has?

Might be worth pointing this out to in the backer beta forum. It's entirely feasible that that's just not occured to them.

Edited by CottonWolf
  • Like 1

I've already posted this in another thread, but it's a post Josh made via twitter, so:

5Y0gChf.png

I really hope Obs will try these mods to see the quality of life changes, that are thoughtful and not game breaking / overpowered.

• Like 2

Done this with Moon Godlike Wizard

q22yrpP.png

Perebor steam

I've already posted this in another thread, but it's a post Josh made via twitter, so:

5Y0gChf.png

I really hope Obs will try these mods to see the quality of life changes, that are thoughtful and not game breaking / overpowered.

agreed

Have gun will travel.

Yes dopple. But if you want use ALL weapons ?

Why not offer for free all modals ?

As they was already there. without investment ?

FAR MORE simple to understand if it is the purpose of developpers... All weapons have a modal, already integrated when you equip it.

You not create a trick of gameplay, a whole system... for this... ? If not it becomes so generic and so general. Like now.

Edited by theBalthazar
  • Like 1

Yes, let's get back to our romance discussions.

I say we engage Josh concerning the lack of characters who have disabilities, shortcomings and outright bad gas/loud belching issues. Possibly body odor as well. These shortcomings, like a lazy eye that really creeps out everyone around them, should be utilized to the players advantage. Possibly causing a fear effect. Or some butt explosions that definitely cause an AoE incendiary cloud. Bad BO could cause ACC Malus for the enemy.

No matter which fork in the road you take I am certain adventure awaits.

I don't understand all the controversy about the number of proficiency points. As far as I am aware, they are still supposed to be the new currency to buy passive talents once they get available to everyone again, are they not?

I believe they said they were going back to the drawing board on this a while ago, then Josh tweeted that picture of a Fighter tree with like a billion passives and saying all classes will be getting more passives. I assume that's how they're addressing this. 

• Like 1

This thread frequently becomes concerned with a particular topic for several pages at a time, when Josh posts something people feel strongly about. I see nothing wrong with it.

Weapon proficiencies do seem like an illusion of choice right now. Unless they become a budget for generic passives, you'll get every weapon you're ever likely to use around level 8 and then just pick things to get it out of the way.

Edited by MortyTheGobbo
  • Like 3

I see that Josh has been putting quite a few likes on tweets by Carice van Houten. Might she do VO for Deadfire? Xoti would be a good fit, no?

I suppose we'll find out soon. As a random thought, I reckon the reason why update #45 is being done with 'muppets' is to talk precisely about voice acting (since Katrina and Josh would be voice-acting themselves in that skit). Here's hoping we get to see it this week!

• Like 2

My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/alephg

Currently playing: Roadwarden

Christ people. Can’t this be another thread?

Josh = various subjects concerning POE2.

If not, it's just a showcase and there's no discussion. Twitter is already here for that. Not my vision of a forum.

If the hope is that Obsidian will see feedback and take it into account for development, then scattering it over 93 pages with all the other braindroppings is counterproductive.

If that isn’t the goal, then this is just a circlejerk and it’s making it more difficult to keep track of posts that are actually related to Josh’s tweets and teasers.

So either way you want to interpret this mess, having it here isn’t helpful.

• Like 6

"Art and song are creations but so are weapons and lies"

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

You can't control people. If they want to talk about a thing, they talk about that. During 20 pages. Not your problem. There's no quota here.

If your are not interrested by actual subject, talk about someting else, or does not interfere. If you have a better subject, we follow you, dude.

But stop insinuate that the time is up. And that you whistle the end of recess.

By writing your sentence you will do more drama. because it calls for reactions. Your are not a modo. And the topic will lose more time to answer your attempt of censure that he would to speak again about proficiencies.

I evoke the topics of Pillars 2 that I want, as often as I want. Nobody will tell me what to say or not. Thanks.

Edited by theBalthazar
  • Like 2

You can't control people. If they want to talk about a thing, they talk about that. During 20 pages. Not your problem. There's no quota here.

If your are not interrested by actual subject, talk about someting else, or does not interfere. If you have a better subject, we follow you, dude.

But stop insinuate that the time is up. And that you whistle the end of recess.

By writing your sentence you will do more drama. because it calls for reactions. Your are not a modo. And the topic will lose more time to answer your attempt of censure that he would to speak again about proficiencies.

I evoke the topics of Pillars 2 that I want, as often as I want. Nobody will tell me what to say or not. Thanks.

We got a badass here.

Note that nothing you said addresses the point. Because you don’t have a counter argument or because you love the circlejerk and feel obligated to defend it? No need to answer; the question was rhetorical.

• Like 1

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

Note that nothing you said addresses the point.

You too on the legitimacy of the post that triggers all that. You not worth it and it was rethorical, obviously : )

Good, go back to more interresting stuff, like Sawyer tweets. You parasitize the topic, and that was the aim of your previous audacious step ; )

Edited by theBalthazar
  • Like 2

Note that nothing you said addresses the point.

You too on the legitimacy of the post that triggers all that. You not worth it and it was rethorical, obviously : )

Good, go back to more interresting stuff, like Sawyer tweets. You parasitize the topic, and that was the aim of your previous audacious step ; )

However - retraining doesn't have to be implemented in that "brute force" way like in PoE where you simply do a complete level-up right from the start again.

instead you could also do it in a way that you go to a special trainer for proficiencies (think of Osric in Defiance Bay's Expedition Hall in PoE) and simply ask him if he can show you how to use XY better. You would then pick a proficiency you want to lose in order to free up points and then put them elsewhere. That will cost some money and that's it. In Tyranny you had special trainers for stuff. So basically like this but not to improve things but to retrain special stuff. Superimmersive for those who need that to be happy.

The reason it's implemented in this brute force way is because doing a specific UI or system specifically for retraining would be very costly for little to no gain. The current system is just a re-purposed leveling screen.

Restrictions are already there in Deadfire :

• Certain Armors are Vailian, Huana... Only.
  • Soulbound Weapons are Classes Restricted. [Dagger in Backer Beta]

In a sense, the "Carsomyr Case" is already there.

So I don't see why Weapon Proficiencies don't follow the same Path / Logic.

Weapon Proficiencies have been moving away from the BG model for years now, no longer are fighters the class who can get really, really good at using one specific weapon. Instead they have active abilities and they can get better at their weapons of choice than other classes.

And I'm sorry, but multiple weapons who can't be used by all classes and have their proficiency automatically unlocked isn't a Carsomyr situation.

• Like 1

Can we please stay on topic, until now this thread was actually informative.

*looks on as people continue to post about weapon proficiency*

No, we can’t. That’s the problem. For 94 pages now. Some of us actually check this thread for new tweets and teasers from Josh.

• Like 3