Amazing graze!

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Every time I see this thread title, I think "Josh Sawyer's Teets and Tweezers". Man, the internet has totally corrupted my brain...

Things you can't unsee.

• Like 1

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

I'd really like an Eastern Reach intro chapter with more than one places to go before I depart for Deadfire. It will be good link to the first game, a good reminder and a good nostalgic feature :)

Edit: and a good contrast to the two regions.

Edited by Sedrefilos
  • Like 1

I don't know why, but the fact that Pillars starts out with a storytell involving a covered wagon on a precarious back country trail really sets the whole feel of the Eastern Reach for me. It's just the perfect landscape which to start out one's journey.

I've seen more than one person say they want to start out back in the Dyrwood, and I have to agree. I want that feeling of embarking from familiar lands out into the unknown.

I don't know why, but the fact that Pillars starts out with a storytell involving a covered wagon on a precarious back country trail really sets the whole feel of the Eastern Reach for me. It's just the perfect landscape which to start out one's journey.

I've seen more than one person say they want to start out back in the Dyrwood, and I have to agree. I want that feeling of embarking from familiar lands out into the unknown.

Sure, but Deadfire won't take place in Eastern reach. Would it be smarter to set up feel and landscape for the new journey rather than setting up feel of the original before abandoning it for something else? Starting from destroying what we know and moving on seems like a more coherent bridge between old and new.

Looks like BMac worked his magic and the Deadfire UI can now show when dialog options have multiple requisites: https://twitter.com/jesawyer/status/938947400319746048

• Like 1

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

It never seems to go well when I link to Twitter from my smartphone, somehow... thanks for posting the correct link :)

• Like 8

I misread that as lightning. I was like, "Where's the sparky boom?" :facepalm:

So did I.

I do like Lightning and electricity attacks, always go for them over Fire and Frost when given a choice. :)

"That rabbit's dynamite!" - King Arthur, Monty Python and the Quest for the Holy Grail

"Space is big, really big." - Douglas Adams

I do like Lightning and electricity attacks, always go for them over Fire and Frost when given a choice. :)

Lightning and frost will always reign supreme.

• Like 2

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

Lightning and frost will always reign supreme.

Necromancy above all other magicks though.

(mostly because i'm an absolute edgelord)

Edited by Juodas Varnas
  • Like 1

Necromancy above all other magicks though.

(mostly because i'm an absolute edgelord)

For which you use electrical impulses to move the corpse's muscles, and ice magic because... liches?

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u