DONATIONS CLOSED - Brace yourselves, the Black isle Bastards are coming!

Let's create an item for the Black Isle Bastards! What kind of item should it be?  

206 members have voted

1. 1. What kind of unique equipment for the Black Isle Bastards should we fund with the "Create an item" tier?

2. 2. Should the special piece of equipment (completely or partly) be made of obsidian (if applicable)?

3. 3. Are you aware that voting here will achieve nothing since this campaign ended a very long time ago?

I just had a little talk with Aarik on Discord. He said he was the one making sure we got the Macuahuitl. :wub: :wub: :wub:

• Like 3

"Loyal Servant of His Most Fluffyness, Lord Kerfluffleupogus, Devourer of the Faithful!"

ringoffireresistance.gif *wearing the Ring of Fire Resistance* (gift from JFSOCC)

Behold my new forum avatar...

HbEacrj.png

• Like 5

"Loyal Servant of His Most Fluffyness, Lord Kerfluffleupogus, Devourer of the Faithful!"

ringoffireresistance.gif *wearing the Ring of Fire Resistance* (gift from JFSOCC)

Look what I found...

The Backer Recognition Log!!!

Now, before you read it, please be aware of one thing. Obsidian was given a free pass to change the backer recognition lines after their liking so that they would fit better into the game. And they did adjust the entries. In most cases, the meaning of your recognition lines is still there. But they changed the wording and sometimes added a bit or left a bit away. I hope you are not upset about that.

For me, the most important thing about the backer recognition lines was always that they'd fit into the game. I would never want them to break the 4th wall. So I stressed to Obsidian that they are free to adjust the entries, yes, even without consulting us first.

Also be aware, if you go and read that log, you will be spoiled the name of the captain of the Black Isle Bastards. You may not want to do that...

So read the log at your own risk ;)

Black Isle Bastards Backer recognition lines.

Edited by Fluffle
  • Like 6

Check this out!

Dual wielding Macuahuitls!!! How cool is that? 8)

fYl07mg.png

Edited by Fluffle
  • Like 5

I... I think I may have sunk the BIB flagship by accident... I was only level 12 and steering a puny Voyager...

Blasphemy, you what...?! I will avenge my mates! RUARGHHH!

• Like 1

Some feedback from another thread. Makes me happy when I read that other players have fun with our content :)

(Careful, name of the captain of the Black Isle Bastards is revealed within the spoiler tags, albeit misspelled)

Just destroyed the Black Isle Bastards and Captain Fygist and it was fun. Double Bronzers are the way to go! The Kapana Taga looks like an interesting sword.

Edited by Fluffle

But all the legendary loot! I could not let it pass :blink:

Lol are you sure?  I took single salvo's from the BiB ship that could sink a voyager even with +15 hp hulls.  Also they don't have any legendary loot :p, superb maybe.

• Like 1

But all the legendary loot! I could not let it pass :blink:

Lol are you sure?  I took single salvo's from the BiB ship that could sink a voyager even with +15 hp hulls.  Also they don't have any legendary loot :p, superb maybe.

Well I got

the Black Isle flag and it was captained by Fyrgist

, and I'm quite sure they did have some legendary pieces on them.

I got to them without a single salvo fired at me, or at least without being hit, maybe the encounter was bugged.

Edited by M4xw0lf

Scholar with a pet cactus. Plant's been growing larger since I fed it our poisoned rum.

I'm very happy! :D

They clearly had some fun putting a creative twist to our entries.

Edited by gogocactus
  • Like 1

:o

Who poisoned our rum? :skull:

Can't be me, I'm canonically dead in the Deadfire world.

EDIT: unless spooky scary spirit me did it...

The log mentioned a

Jerek, who pissed himself when faced with a cutlass against his neck

. Did this good fellow meet his demise soon after?

• Like 1

Man, now I'm even more bummed I missed the dealine on the recognition. Still it was a ton fun to try and match the entries to the different forums members.

10/10 would contribute again. :)

• Like 1

"Wizards do not need to be The Dudes Who Can AoE Nuke You and Gish and Take as Many Hits as a Fighter and Make all Skills Irrelevant Because Magic."

-Josh Sawyer

Well I got

the Black Isle flag and it was captained by Fyrgist

, and I'm quite sure they did have some legendary pieces on them.

I got to them without a single salvo fired at me, or at least without being hit, maybe the encounter was bugged.

Yeah that would be bugged, they were the one ship that took me three salvos to drop, and they definitely got to fire back.

At this point I am curious about backer content in general.  Some of it is obvious, for example the backer NPC's (who are done way better this time and serve a point), and the backer pirate ships are obvious (they are the ones with unique flags), but the rest are somewhat iffy.

I am pretty sure the Kraken for example is a backer tavern, but is the Hole?  Is the Wild Mare?  Hard to tell. 

Edited by Karkarov
  • Like 1

Man, now I'm even more bummed I missed the dealine on the recognition. Still it was a ton fun to try and match the entries to the different forums members.

10/10 would contribute again. :)

I on the other hand did not contribute to the recognition lines deliberately.

That's my personal opinion, but I'm rather not fond of ingame recognition. My personal opinion is, that recognition should be done outside of the game.

But don't let me take your joy out of the recognition lines. You certainly deserve recognition and a lot of thanks! Everyone of you who contributed! :wub:

Edited by Fluffle
  • Like 3