DONATIONS CLOSED - Brace yourselves, the Black isle Bastards are coming!

Let's create an item for the Black Isle Bastards! What kind of item should it be?  

206 members have voted

1. 1. What kind of unique equipment for the Black Isle Bastards should we fund with the "Create an item" tier?

2. 2. Should the special piece of equipment (completely or partly) be made of obsidian (if applicable)?

3. 3. Are you aware that voting here will achieve nothing since this campaign ended a very long time ago?

"Katharak. Spider-headed, bristling with guns."

Interesting. Wonder why they went with spider-headed lmao

Don't put too much thought into it.  There is a crewmate you can hire in game whose portrait is a vithrak but his race is aumaua. 

Maybe because Katharak sounds a bit like Vithrak. :)

But then again, Karkarov sounds a bit like Katarack... which sounds like Katharak which sounds a bit like Vithrak.

So Karkarov might be a Vithrak too...

Kartharak? Karkarak? Karkarakov? Kartharakov?

Edited by Fluffle

"Loyal Servant of His Most Fluffyness, Lord Kerfluffleupogus, Devourer of the Faithful!"

ringoffireresistance.gif *wearing the Ring of Fire Resistance* (gift from JFSOCC)

Okay, everyone, attention please!

I was approached by Aarik who asked me if they could change the type of our weapon.

Everything else inside the spoiler tag:

There is only one unique club in the game but many, many unique swords. So Aarik asked me if they could change the type of our weapon to club. Everything else about the weapon would stay the same.

I think a macuahuitl can be seen as both, a sword and a club. You'll be able to find arguments to call it both ways. You can look at wikipedia in different languages for example. Sometimes it's referred to as an obsidian sword that is club-like. Sometimes it's outright called a club. There are other sources on the Internet that call it a wooden sword. Or a club that is sword-like.

There are also sources that call it both ways actually. So what we'd need are "multiclasses" for weapons I guess :p
But since there are none, we have to decide.

Should the Kapana Taga stay a sword or become a club?
Again, nothing else would change about our weapon! Only its type.

• Like 1

"Loyal Servant of His Most Fluffyness, Lord Kerfluffleupogus, Devourer of the Faithful!"

ringoffireresistance.gif *wearing the Ring of Fire Resistance* (gift from JFSOCC)

I made a poll about this in the spoiler section of the forum, here.

Look what I found on a certain Reddit thread:

ALLGjzO.jpg

• Like 4

Meanwhile, news of our weapon has reached... 4chan !

Me4KrFf.png
5vkjoc0.jpg

Edited by Fluffle
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Took this off some poor hapless bugger.

Edit: The guy was sailing around the bottom right hand corner of the map near the place.

post-55120-0-69801100-1529001666_thumb.png

Edited by Ashen Rohk
  • Like 2

You read my post.

You have been eaten by a grue.

I liked it very much. My favourite dungeon in the game. Good that they used it that way. But:

What was that group encounter with the hooded guy about? I didn't get it. Was that a reference or did I miss something in the game?

• Like 2

---

We're all doomed

Took this off some poor hapless bugger.

Edit: The guy was sailing around the bottom right hand corner of the map near the place.

Dang, I never got the flag. :(

"Wizards do not need to be The Dudes Who Can AoE Nuke You and Gish and Take as Many Hits as a Fighter and Make all Skills Irrelevant Because Magic."

-Josh Sawyer

• 3 weeks later...

I... I think I may have sunk the BIB flagship by accident... I was only level 12 and steering a puny Voyager...

I did this too, and I didn't realize what it was, even. I deserved to get keelhauled.

• Like 1

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

I liked it very much. My favourite dungeon in the game. Good that they used it that way. But:

What was that group encounter with the hooded guy about? I didn't get it. Was that a reference or did I miss something in the game?

Yeah, it was a very good dungeon - my #2 favourite.

However, the best one for me was:

the Junvik Island and that cult of the puffed up imp and his skull-shaped hill - I loved its quirky layout, all the surprises, and that death sigil block, and the final encounter, with the annoying missing son. It was very good. If only Deadfire had much more dungeons like these two.

• Like 1

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

I really hope you're right. I'll prolly hold up playing until we get those dungeons, and hopefully, some Berath's curses and difficulty challenges/achievements. By that time, the game should be pretty much bug free and pretty decently balanced as well.