RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS

Rosbjerg

That's not the point. It doesn't matter if people are hard up or what not, it's just plain stupid that we can talk about war, drugs, rape, etc. and post video material showing/describing it but god forbid that we show a nip slip. :facepalm:

I'm pretty sure if you posted an ISIS decapitation video, serious drug use or especially a rape video it would be removed, even if it were only a link rather than inline. But I'm equally sure mentioning that they exist is OK.

I wouldn't have any expectation otherwise, same for teh sexy. It's a company website, when it comes right down to it it exists for PR and to give fans a way to stay connected. Stuff which is going to pointlessly turn people off (heh) is going to be removed. While we shouldn't expect 4chan or even codex levels of non moderation we also should be glad we don't have Bethesda/ Bioware/ Neogaf etc level restrictions either.

• Like 2

It was also part of the general tidy and clean up and organise the board's shortly before the release of PoE and the expectant surge of new people to the forums. Sometimes you just want to take care of a little housecleaning before visitors turn up....

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

We're not exactly seeing people get straight up murdered or bombed or...very often over here*, either, though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ElkQ3t43wZc
  • Like 3

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Was this even posted?

No. Great stuff!  That makes me:

-want to replay both Nier and Nier: Automata

-wish for another game directed by Yoko Taro

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

It was a dark day. Where else can we possibly go to find beautiful women, if not here on the Obsidian forums?

It was probably because you posted a picture of your wife, there was too much jealousy after that I suppose. ;)

• Like 2

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

I'm not against SEGA bringing in some of their big titles, but the last few times they've tried to revive titles, they've really been 'in name only' affairs (see, for example, the drubbing the Shining series got, particularly Shining Force).

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

I'm not against SEGA bringing in some of their big titles, but the last few times they've tried to revive titles, they've really been 'in name only' affairs (see, for example, the drubbing the Shining series got, particularly Shining Force).

anymore examples what SEGA holds? Can't remember much from them - Lets revive Golden Axe!!

Edited by Chilloutman
  • Like 1

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

Tbh, I'd rather have Sega attempt sequels than to keep doing re-releases and remasters. Sonic Generations was amazing and proves that Sega can do fusions properly. Ecco on Dreamcast and Jet Set Radio Future on Xbox are proof that Sega can do perfect sequels of the effort is there. They just need to focus on their best franchises. Forget Sonic and Bayonetta and do another Space Channel 5 and such. Get creative, take risks, etc. If anyone can do good sequels, it's Sega (both as a dev and a pub).

The list of Sega sequels that are great vastly out-number those that are bad. They may be harder to spot because they don't have numbers 1, 2, etc. but they are there - usually jumping on different consoles.

Edited by SonicMage117

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

Tbh, I'd rather have Sega attempt sequels than to keep doing re-releases and remasters. Sonic Generations was amazing and proves that Sega can do fusions properly. Ecco on Dreamcast and Jet Set Radio Future on Xbox are proof that Sega can do perfect sequels of the effort is there. They just need to focus on their best franchises. Forget Sonic and Bayonetta and do another Space Channel 5 and such. Get creative, take risks, etc. If anyone can do good sequels, it's Sega (both as a dev and a pub).

The list of Sega sequels that are great vastly out-number those that are bad. They may be harder to spot because they don't have numbers 1, 2, etc. but they are there - usually jumping on different consoles.

Yeah, don't care about console stuff at all, so if its on me go bonkers, I can't care less

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

anymore examples what SEGA holds? Can't remember much from them - Lets revive Golden Axe!!

Off the top of my head stuff like Golden Axe, Altered Beast, Ecco the Dolphin, Jet Set Radio, Crazy Taxi, Alex Kidd, Zaxxon, House of the Dead, Shining Force, Space Harrier, Streets of Rage.

Of course I was a huge Eternal Champions fan back in the day.

The thing that bugs me about re-releases is that they only ever seem to keep putting out Genesis versions of the games even with games like Altered Beast or Golden Axe that had arcade versions.

I love Golden Axe, but I'd really love to have an arcade version of Golden Axe I and an arcade version of Golden Axe: The Revenge of Death Adder to go along with Golden Axe, Golden Axe II, Golden Axe III from the Genesis.  Toss in the Arcade version of Golden Axe: The Duel and you have a pretty decent retrospective set, IMO.

But agreed a good new game would be awesome (Golden Axe: Beast Rider is another example of a game that seemed to miss the point of the originals in creating an update).

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Off the top of my head stuff like Golden Axe, Altered Beast, Ecco the Dolphin, Jet Set Radio, Crazy Taxi, Alex Kidd, Zaxxon, House of the Dead, Shining Force, Space Harrier, Streets of Rage.

Of course I was a huge Eternal Champions fan back in the day.

The thing that bugs me about re-releases is that they only ever seem to keep putting out Genesis versions of the games even with games like Altered Beast or Golden Axe that had arcade versions.

I love Golden Axe, but I'd really love to have an arcade version of Golden Axe I and an arcade version of Golden Axe: The Revenge of Death Adder to go along with Golden Axe, Golden Axe II, Golden Axe III from the Genesis.  Toss in the Arcade version of Golden Axe: The Duel and you have a pretty decent retrospective set, IMO.

But agreed a good new game would be awesome (Golden Axe: Beast Rider is another example of a game that seemed to miss the point of the originals in creating an update).

hmm remember only Crazy taxi and Golden Axe :(

God I hope they revive Shining Force. There aren't enough srpg's around, IMOP.

hmm remember only Crazy taxi and Golden Axe :(

Not all of those were arcade games and it sounds like maybe you're more familiar with Arcade Games?

Altered Beast -  

Zaxxon -  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=toSxQ3QHaTc

Space Harrier -

House of the Dead -

God I hope they revive Shining Force. There aren't enough srpg's around, IMOP.

I'd love it, but the last tactical Shining Force game didn't get a release outside of Japan (Shining Force Feather in 2009).  There was a different tactical game Shining Blade from 2012 that also didn't get a release outside of Japan.  Neither had the very FIRE EMBLEM-esque system of the earlier Shining Force games.

Instead we got the action RPGs Shining Force Neo and Shining Force Exa neither of which I cared for (and the Shining Souls hand held games, which were 'okay' action dungeon crawls).

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

I sure as hell hope IO Interactive doesn't get scooped up by Sony or Microsoft or Nintendo and Hitman becomes an exclusive title, that would suck (assuming the rumor that IO Interactive retain the IP are true).  I want Hitman on as many platforms as possible.

As for the rumor that season 2 is well into development, this seems plausible enough.  They just did the "reboot" so they have the framework in place.  As far as I'm concerned, very little needs to be changed for season 2.  They can basically leave the game as is and just create new assets for new levels and characters and, of course, the continuation of the story from the cliffhanger it left off on.

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Me too. At least 2 platforms (pc and a console). I don't think Switch has a chance at getting Hitman - at least not a newer one, maybe Absolution. I hope I don't jinx it but I can just see someone like NaughtyDog or Guerilla making Hitman. While it would probably be astounding and I know they would do justice, it would only be PS4 :(

Paradox know "people want a Bloodlines sequel," will make one "when the time is right"

Paradox Con 2017 just wrapped up in Stockholm, and there have already been lots of exciting announcements about the ambitious strategy publishers' coming plans. Some of these should concern the intellectual property of White Wolf publishing, which includes the 2004 cult hit Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines, so we asked Paradox CEO Fredrik Wester about that very subject.

Apart from the fact that they now own VTMB, many of the leads on that game now work at Obsidian, with whom Paradox have collaborated before. 

“Yeah, on paper that's a really good match,” says Wester. “Of course, sooner or later, people will want a follow-up to Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines… and when the time is right I guess a sequel will find its place in the market. But it's too early to say anything about that right now.”

Paradox bought White Wolf in 2015, but it’s clear that they are taking their time making games based on their IP. Wester accepts this, saying they don’t want to announce anything too early for fear of disappointing fans, “but things are coming - that’s not a secret. There’s no use buying such a rich catalogue of IPs just to be sitting on them another ten years.”
Edited by ShadySands
  • Like 2

Free games updated 3/4/21

Preview of Final Fantasy 12 Remaster on Ars Technica.

https://arstechnica.co.uk/gaming/2017/05/final-fantasy-12-the-zodiac-age/

This is for me, the most anticipated Final Fantasy game in last 10 years \o/

• Like 2

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours