So the P&P RPG is a PDF book or guide on how to play it with friends? I guess there's also PDF board that we need to print ourselves and the 20-sided dice we need to get our own? I'm not sure what is it about. Also what is this RPG cook book? What will be the contents? 

Also.. no stretch goals yet. Would it be fair that it's the 8th companion?

Edited by Archaven

I'm still waiting on transferring funds to be able to back (I know it was mentioned that the money isn't charged until the end of the campaign, but if the banks here messed things up and I wasn't able to transfer the funds (not beyond the realms of possibility), then I'd be screwed.)  Fingers crossed I'll be set by this time next week.

I was umming and ahhing over whether to back at $29 for regular or $45 for premium.  After this update I'm pretty sure I'm going to back at $45.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*Casts Nature's Terror* :aiee: , *Casts Firebug* :fdevil: , *Casts Rot-Skulls* :skull: , *Casts Garden of Life* :luck: *Spirit-shifts to cat form* :cat:

I wonder why they didn't reveal the next stretch goal

I'm just curious as to how it will work if/when the rest of the Fig Funds hit

Will we get 4 goals knocked out assuming each one is 200k or how will it work?

​It seems to happen when the next goal is reached outside of office hours. But who knows the real answer. It's not hard to imagine people are busy with other aspects of life though.

I wonder why they didn't reveal the next stretch goal

They had quite big update for today already + twitch stream. It's wise to save the next stretch goal for the next day with both Adam and Josh being busy with the twitch stream when said 2.4 million mark was actually reached.

Hate the living, love the dead.

¡¡¡¡2.4 millions!!!!

Going by the warning in the investor page (they have over $2m in reservation for funds which is the max allocated), all the stretch goals up to $3.2 millions have been achieved (pending approval).

It's almost unbelievable. Obsidian hitting it out of the park once again. Great work everybody!

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

Next Stretch Goal should be announced tomorrow, or Friday at the latest. As for PayPal, sorry it became a busy week due to some other stuff going on, so Darren got sidetracked a bit. I think the goal is now Tuesday next week. I'll check in again tomorrow and see if we can update in our next update about it.

Here's hoping for Thursday Edited by ShadySands

Free games updated 3/4/21

Over 2M of fig funds reservation. But the figstarter page only indicate 1.18M. So essentially there's already 800K amount should be added to the funds? Which means it has already break through all other stretch goals that has yet to be announced?

Am i reading it right or i'm in hallucination? If someone could shed some light would be great. But still hoping all the first 77K backers would come back.

Edited by Archaven
  • Like 1

Going by the warning in the investor page (they have over $2m in reservation for funds which is the max allocated), all the stretch goals up to $3.2 millions have been achieved (pending approval).

What does this mean exactly? Does it mean that there is around $800k of investment that has to be checked/agreed upon?

What does this mean exactly? Does it mean that there is around $800k of investment that has to be checked/agreed upon?

I'd actually asked the same thing a post before you. If that's the case we probably have hit all the un-announced stretch goals already?. The only thing we didn't hit would be only Fulvano backer island as that tie to the number of backers instead of fund amount.

Edited by Archaven

My uneducated guess is that Fig Fund reservations must be reviewed and approved before being added to the total to ensure compliance with whatever regulations apply. Additionally, I would expect their adding to the total to be at Obsidian's discretion (i.e. They could elect to add Fig Funds to the total in the amount and at the time that makes the most strategical and marketing sense.)

With that said, my understanding of the warning is that yes, stretch goals up to 3.2 million are indeed guaranteed via Fig Funds alone. Hopefully the last couple days' rush will get us a couple extra stretch goals on top of that.

Edited by AndreaColombo
  • Like 1

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Over 2M of fig funds reservation. But the figstarter page only indicate 1.18M. So essentially there's already 800K amount should be added to the funds? Which means it has already break through all other stretch goals that has yet to be announced?

Am i reading it right or i'm in hallucination? If someone could shed some light would be great. But still hoping all the first 77K backers would come back.

Ah, never mind.

Edited by Flouride

That's how I am reading it.  I believe the Investors must be approved, and are waiting for that approval before being added to the total.  It wouldn't surprise me if they used it as a boost between stretch goals either.  For instance, they don't post all the approved ones at the time, but when we around getting close to halfway to the next stretch goal they update one or two of them to get us closer.  That would kind of put a carrot on a stick for people to grab addons and or finally pledge.  Especially if the upcoming goal is enticing to someone.  That could be me being cynical though.  lol

• Like 2

It means they are only willing to take 2 million worth of investor money. Once they hit 2 million mark they won't be taking any more money from investors. So the current 1.18M is actually what they have gotten and there's still 800k left if people want to invest.

If you click on the invest page you will see that they have hit the $2m cap.  Anyone Investing now is put on a first come first serve waiting list.  So, they are either trickling them out, or they are waiting for approval. 

It means they are only willing to take 2 million worth of investor money. Once they hit 2 million mark they won't be taking any more money from investors. So the current 1.18M is actually what they have gotten and there's still 800k left if people want to invest.

Click Invest please :)

@Ganrich - Ninja'd you ;)

• Like 1

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

That's how I am reading it.  I believe the Investors must be approved, and are waiting for that approval before being added to the total.  It wouldn't surprise me if they used it as a boost between stretch goals either.  For instance, they don't post all the approved ones at the time, but when we around getting close to halfway to the next stretch goal they update one or two of them to get us closer.  That would kind of put a carrot on a stick for people to grab addons and or finally pledge.  Especially if the upcoming goal is enticing to someone.  That could be me being cynical though.  lol

I'm really hoping all the stretch goals will be met though. I'm as excited as everyone else here.

I believe there is a approval process and the invested funds need to be transferred. Otherwise people could just "invest" silly amounts to the campaign without actually having the capital to do so. Which of course would **** up the whole campaign in the end.

With those 800k "in the bank" just waiting, I believe this campaing will surpass Pillars 1 campaign when it comes to money raised.

Edited by Flouride
  • Like 2

Ah that makes sense. Well assuming all of the investments go through that's a pretty impressive amount of money the campaign has raised so far. If the last few days manages to raise a sum similar to the first few it seems almost inevitable that Deadfire will raise more than Project Eternity did, and of course Deadfire probably has money invested in it already from the success of Pillars. Obviously money alone doesn't guarantee a better game, but it still makes me pretty optimistic.

Also.. i'm confused with the Fulvano voyage.. if someone know that be great.. The page shows it already unlocked 2/6 islands. How is that possible? We don't have 1500 backers yet right?

My guess is Obsidian decided that two islands was the minimum worth including, so that's their starting point. After all, it wouldn't be much of a voyage if it was just one island. That's just a guess though.

Yup, I'm pretty sure it's an approval thing, but I still wonder if they drag their feet updating the total funding and stagger them a little here and a little there. It keeps the campaign chugging along, and like I said previously it is a good carrot on a stick scenario for those that haven't pledged or those looking at add-ons.

I expect we will probably get near to double our current pledges. Add on that $800k and you are looking at over $4m. Which isn't including PayPal whenever they get that sorted. We will see.

We are only around 3k backers away from beating Psychonauts which is the most backed game on Fig. It ended with $3.8m in funding. I think we might get close to 30k backers in the end. Maybe more.