What you did today

Gorth

Watching DS9 right now, the episode where they play baseball against the Vulcans. Man, I had a thing for Kira when I was a kid. I like TOS quite a bit as I used to watch it with my mom. My wife doesn't like it as much as DS9 and TNG but more than Voyager so it doesn't get as much time in the Trek rotation. Anyways, my mom got me into Trek with that show so.. fond memories. That said, I'd be lying if I said I recognized the names instantly but I eventually pieced it together without googling.

Today, I spent a few hours at the social security office taking care of some stuff with my wife. That was followed by a trip to a museum to check out a Star Wars costume exhibit. It was pretty cool but it focused mostly on the prequels which were my least favorite of the movies. I can post some pics later if anyone wants to see them

• Like 2

Free games updated 3/4/21

Watching DS9 right now, the episode where they play baseball against the Vulcans. Man, I had a thing for Kira when I was a kid. I like TOS quite a bit as I used to watch it with my mom. My wife doesn't like it as much as DS9 and TNG but more than Voyager so it doesn't get as much time in the Trek rotation. Anyways, my mom got me into Trek with that show so.. fond memories. That said, I'd be lying if I said I recognized the names instantly but I eventually pieced it together without googling.

Today, I spent a few hours at the social security office taking care of some stuff with my wife. That was followed by a trip to a museum to check out a Star Wars costume exhibit. It was pretty cool but it focused mostly on the prequels which were my least favorite of the movies. I can post some pics later if anyone wants to see them

Yes post some pics 

• Like 1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

This has never happened before but I went to put in my contact lenses so I could see to drive to the comic book shop even though it was raining on my day-off when a single hair strand fell on to my index finger danger-close to the upturned contact lens forcing my other hand to attempt to remove the hair except it accidentally came in contact with the damp lens just like bait on a fishing line flinging it down into the sink underneath the little screwy thing above the drain right on the rim where microbes are probably waiting in silence to murder me but thankfully I didn't panic and managed to unscrew the screwy thing enough to access the lens with a miniature rubber plunger thing normally used for in-eye removal since you can't pick up a hard lens convex-side up by touching it and now my germophobia suspects a supervirus could be inside me.

All Stop. On Screen.

My wife collects penguins too.   :huh:

I may be married to Malc...

Although collecting anything once you have kids is a bit of a struggle, since they tend to try and muscle in on it. My bottle cap collection is currently being used as a dance floor for barbies. Granted it is a pretty cool dance floor.

• Like 1

The Empire may be evil, but those officer uniforms are stylish as ****.

am agreeing with one exception: the caps.  am realizing the wehrmacht uniforms, which clear inspired the empire design philosophy, included field caps similar to the empire officer bonnets, but c'mon man.  such hats is more apropos for pasty, english school boys in short pants than military officers.  

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

I'm a little bit dissapointed that the lightsabres are'nt glowing. :(

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Who says they are evil? :p

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

The corrupt New Republic rebel scum propaganda machine, of course.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Mostly a day of cleaning, boring, but eh. Also, here's the group photo

AqnPGGo.jpg

• Like 9

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

The upshot of a government job is I get Martin Luther King's birthday off. So.... happy birthday Dr. King

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pOXx3Hr3vAY

This is SNL  parody interpretation of Trumps long anticipated first press conference since being elected...it is very accurate in some things and  utterly hilarious :lol: :lol: 

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Trump getting elected is the best thing that ever could have happened to SNL. For so long it was just not funny because they never wanted to stick it to Obama. Now they have a President they hate and political humor is back on the menu. I'd call that a win.

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

snip

This is SNL  parody interpretation of Trumps long anticipated first press conference since being elected...it is very accurate in some things and  utterly hilarious :lol: :lol:

Those glorious moments when you realize that an 8chan prank has gone national. You guys do know that the whole Russian sex tape thing is fake, right?

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Star Wars shows its age. Back then people would be cheering for terrorist organisations blowing up government property ;)
  • Like 1

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

So I finally got my 100mbit/s connection since last week and boy, does it feel like overkill. :D Now I download huge amount of gb's in mere minutes when it took hours before. Like, updating Star Citizen took a full night, getting latest ArmA3 dev branch updates took at least half an hour, etc... I start Steam now, do something else and when I am back 5 minutes later, every game update has been finished. Feels really weird to me, heh.

Now I get why there is this "turn your unused capacity into a free internet hot spot" service thing in the contract ... my connection is in idle mode most of the time now, as everything is done so quick. Just sucks for everyone around that the router range is extremely short. :>

Edited by Lexx
  • Like 1

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Was a warm day, so decided to go sit with the old dachshund in the park (and let him act like a creep towards women passing by, apparently). Was a good little walk and time, so that's at least one thing done this weekend. Shame was out of wifi range on my phone, else I could play that 2pac playlist on Youtube.

Visited Trier today. Truly lovely city. Houses many wonderful Roman ruins, some of which have been expanded by medieval architects. Oh, and there is a lovely museum installed in the birthplace of Marx.

Everybody knows the deal is rotten

Old Black Joe's still pickin' cotton

For your ribbons and bows

And everybody knows

I didnt catch anything yesterday. Not even a bite. Though it was ~58F outside the water was hella cold and still had a few ice foes floating by. Today I shall bite the bullet and do a chore Ive been avoiding, cleaning the 2nd floor of my house. This will probably also blow up in my face by motivating my wife to take down all the Chrismas stuff which I will have to put up in the garage overhead. I better pour more coffee.