Theories on the masked sith guy!

I have two theories on this.

1) The masked sith guy is in fact Dustil (sp?) who being distraught over his fathers death/abandoning him yet agian in order to fight for the republic falls to the dark side yet agian. Taking what he learned at the accademy on korriban and finding a sith master to train with rises to the rank of sith lord after killing his master.

I never thought of Dustil as that strong in the Force to justify this type of situation. Besides, he either ends up dead, or "redeemed".

2) The masked sith guy is Revan who fell to the dark side yet agian after the death of his beloved Bastila at the hands of the sith lords. Seeking to take vengence on all those who lead to her death, Jedi, Sith, and republic non are safe from his vengence.

What do you think? feel free to rip them to shreads and or add your own theory.

This could work, except I don't think Obsidian will make Revan the "main boss" bad guy.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

This could work, except I don't think Obsidian will make Revan the "main boss" bad guy.

Why not? These guys made a PC the main bad guy before (PS: Torment).

Everyone knows Science Fiction is really cool. You know what PoE really needs? Spaceships! There isn't any game that wouldn't be improved by a space combat minigame. Adding one to PoE would send sales skyrocketing, and ensure the game was remembered for all time!!!!!

Revan's not their character. My feeling is Obsidian would want to put their own stamp on the game and make someone that they created the main bad guy.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I highly doubt that the identity of the masked Sith will change. It would detract from the power of the character and trivialize him/her. The mask is not there as a place holder so that the character's identity can change. Sorry if I have burst anyone's idea and theories, thats just what I think and I could be wrong (it has happened before, I'm sure, I just can't remember it :( ).

I have two theories on this.

1) The masked sith guy is in fact Dustil (sp?) who being distraught over his fathers death/abandoning him yet agian in order to fight for the republic falls to the dark side yet agian. Taking what he learned at the accademy on korriban and finding a sith master to train with rises to the rank of sith lord after killing his master.

2) The masked sith guy is Revan who fell to the dark side yet agian after the death of his beloved Bastila at the hands of the sith lords. Seeking to take vengence on all those who lead to her death, Jedi, Sith, and republic non are safe from his vengence.

What do you think? feel free to rip them to shreads and or add your own theory.

No, no, NO, NO, NO!

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

i have a problem with the masked sith guy being the strongest of the sith lords. i think the sith lord who has yet to be revealed yet will be the most powerful. i just really think that they would keep the best for last

that could be true but on the other hand, ever since any tangible info. has been released on the game, we've seen the picture of the masked guy under the logo: KotOR - The Sith Lords ---and despite his overwhelmingly imposing stature in the concept art, the wallpaper, and the official site graphics, he remains a total mystery. That's what leads people to associate him with the very name of the game; so from there it's possible to deduce he's the 'strongest Sith Lord'. As speculation it 'makes sense' ---but what we encounter in the game could even be the exact opposite!

Zwangvolle Plage!

M

i have a problem with the masked sith guy being the strongest of the sith lords. i think the sith lord who has yet to be revealed yet will be the most powerful. i just really think that they would keep the best for last

that could be true but on the other hand, ever since any tangible info. has been released on the game, we've seen the picture of the masked guy under the logo: KotOR - The Sith Lords ---and despite his overwhelmingly imposing stature in the concept art, the wallpaper, and the official site graphics, he remains a total mystery. That's what leads people to associate him with the very name of the game; so from there it's possible to deduce he's the 'strongest Sith Lord'. As speculation it 'makes sense' ---but what we encounter in the game could even be the exact opposite!

;) Why is everyone saying "he?" ^_^ I personally would want a female sith lord as the missing sith lord. :wub::blink::)

In the wallpaper, the Masked Sith has man-hands. So unless it's a very butch female Sith Lord, it's most likely a man.

[/quote

yeah i saw that too. but the guy on the wallpaper could be just a stand in model that the devs put the mask on.

You know, it's conceivable that the masked dude is Revan (whose gender may or may not be changeable) and the other could be Bastila (unless she was killed :) - she could be killed right? I never had the heart to explore that option :o ). I mean, they (the Devs) could hit us with a double-whammy at the end. With the masked dude revealing himself (or herself) as Revan, and Bastila coming to stand by his (her?) side. I know I'd be like ... F!!!, the S!!! has hit the fan now! :)

Just a thought :ph34r: .

I also think it is somebody related to one of your NPC friends, brother msot likley. He is a prodigy for the sith, and is 2nd in command over scion, but is still learning from the last sith lord, not shown yet. He is very strong but abbilities not fully developed, and therefore not the most powerfull sith lord.(he is very young)

Its not like they have told us anything! All we know is what he/she looks like.

Another great idea by the people who brought you beer milkshakes!

"I don't see a problem...then again, SW isn't my life, so what do I know...." - some who makes 27.8 post per day on a SW forum!

We do know the MSG is a he. The wallpaper depicts him with "man hands." And simply from a story and gameplay standpoint, it's almost sure that Revan will not be the MSG. Although the theory cannot be totally discounted, it is very unlikely.

And just because the MSG is the Sith marketing champ doesn't mean he's the strongest. He is used due to the fact that he looks cool and thus easily appealing to the masses. The WHC is also a popular marketing figure (and judging by her popularity I think we know why), doesn't mean she's the most powerful Jedi. Or does it?

And simply from a story and gameplay standpoint, it's almost sure that Revan will not be the MSG.

Ur almost sure? Or are u just George Barnard 'Sure'. post-1139-1093329915.gif

Another great idea by the people who brought you beer milkshakes!

"I don't see a problem...then again, SW isn't my life, so what do I know...." - some who makes 27.8 post per day on a SW forum!

I highly doubt that the identity of the masked Sith will change.  It would detract from the power of the character and trivialize him/her.  The mask is not there as a place holder so that the character's identity can change.  Sorry if I have burst anyone's idea and theories, thats just what I think and I could be wrong (it has happened before, I'm sure, I just can't remember it ;) ).

To have it as lots of potential characters would water down the character but too have just two (eg Bastilla DS Jolee LS) wouldn't. Especily if Darth Mask isn't the biggest baddest vilain.

Everyone knows Science Fiction is really cool. You know what PoE really needs? Spaceships! There isn't any game that wouldn't be improved by a space combat minigame. Adding one to PoE would send sales skyrocketing, and ensure the game was remembered for all time!!!!!

Revan's not their character. My feeling is Obsidian would want to put their own stamp on the game and make someone that they created the main bad guy.

All the more reason to make him evil then kill him off!

hiya!!!!! i just signed up to my first ever forum so welcome me and say hello.

also i dont think the MSG is revan cos in kotor 1 we hardly ever heard revans voice. also someone said earlier that it looks like he has horns so it could be one of those weird darth maul species...just a suggestion

errmm...im very new to this so forgive any mistakes i might make

Interesting Ideas all.

My personal take is that the Masked Sith Guy won't be any of the characters from KoTOR 1 that have multiple fates depending on how you played the game.

Thats why I don't think The MSG is Bastila or Dustil...(Why Dustil?)

It would be too much work for the developers to implement the conflicting storylines and we all know making games have budgets and deadlines.

The MSG is most likely a new character with his own personal story. It would be more interesting that way. He is most likely related to Atris in someway.

You know how promo wallpapers have characters that people speculate a lot on?Then after we play the game and take another look at it we go, "Ahh thats who they are!"

For example Baldur's Gate 2 expansion pack wallpaper had the main villain on it. Yet, before the game was released everyone was speculating on who she was. Maybe Imoen?

I think the wallpapers tell us more than we know, we just have't played the game so we can't be sure.

Some WHC-MaskedGuy theories:

-tMG may be the WHC's former Jedi master or father (the latter less likely though)

-WHC may or may not know this till the end of the game

-the sole motivation for the WHC could be to avenge the Jedi purge. Actually the reason she joins us could be to find the MG -the chief responsible for the massacre-

-the final battle scene and climax of the game may be the ultimate confrontation between the MG, and the main character with WHC at his/her side.

-the WHC, during that battle, may

---hear the ultimate revelation (a la tESB, obviously)

---get killed afterwards

---or suffer a grave injury ---and/or become lost, taken prisoner, etc.['good' ending with a bitter taste]

-It may be us that deals the deadly strike on the Sith Lord (a la tPM)

-the WHC's parting/dying words could be the bridge into the 3rd Kotor episode (again, a la tPM; and also in accordance with what the devs. have said in earlier interviews, that the ending of the game may really be leaving us in suspense

Zwangvolle Plage!

M