This is what happens when both candidates promotes a confrontational, latently aggressive and an 'us vs them' approach. The idiots of the world hears their candidates rethoric and dehumanization of political opponents and sees it as a legitimization of violence against them..

You may not have noticed, but violence is all coming from one side.

Sure is mate, sure is.

https://twitter.com/i/moments/796417517157830656?m=1

Ha ha ha ha. http://www.breitbart.com/texas/2016/11/10/police-muslim-student-fabricated-hijab-grab-trump-supporters/

Hold up. So one reported incident was fabricated, therefore the implication you are making is that ALL of them are, right?

I don't even, so I'm just going to quote your own immortal words:

Brush up on how logic works.

Just making the point that posts on twitter aren't necessarily a reliable source. Also a few racist incidents which always happened aren't the same as organized rioting.

WoD's mastery of logic rivals his knowledge of probability and statistics.

I was the best in my class for your information.

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

The whole idea that the election of Trump is some sort of revolutionary act where people are fighting back against the direction this country is moving completely falls apart when you look at the actual votes.  What really happened is Clinton was a terrible candidate and couldn't get the people that elected Obama to back her.  

Both sides look ridiculous to me right now.  How many of these protesters actually voted?  

Both sides need to temper their expectations with some reality.

• Like 1

The whole idea that the election of Trump is some sort of revolutionary act where people are fighting back against the direction this country is moving completely falls apart when you look at the actual votes.  What really happened is Clinton was a terrible candidate and couldn't get the people that elected Obama to back her.  

Both sides look ridiculous to me right now.  How many of these protesters actually voted?  

Considering how close Pennsylvania was, and how razor thin other Trump winning alternatives turned out, I'd say this was more an act of God than of man. But a lot of people certainly were revolting against the direction the country was moving, just not enough to win on their own.

Edit: Actually I just realized Trump didn't need Pennsylvania to win, he won enough Western states anyway. I got the wrong impression on election night, so it wasn't as close as I thought. Edit2: Oh, I see, he got the one electoral vote from Maine, so that would've put him over the top. But even if he tied, he'd be elected by the House.

Magna **** Laude from Rice University!

Something you'll never get or have any possibility of getting. Edited by Wrath of Dagon

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

This is what happens when both candidates promotes a confrontational, latently aggressive and an 'us vs them' approach. The idiots of the world hears their candidates rethoric and dehumanization of political opponents and sees it as a legitimization of violence against them..

Sure is mate, sure is.

Ha ha ha ha. http://www.breitbart.com/texas/2016/11/10/police-muslim-student-fabricated-hijab-grab-trump-supporters/

Hold up. So one reported incident was fabricated, therefore the implication you are making is that ALL of them are, right?

There are objectively less incidents committed by Trump's "racists and hicks". That sort of behavior has been demonized so long that right supporters have to behave to a higher standard... and they usually do.

I believe that the overall capacity for violence and stomach for it on the right is greater than with the liberals - but that stems from a capacity for organization and dedication to a goal, something the motley crew that makes up the democratic vote lacks. Its just much harder to get that ball rolling and thankfully so.

Edited by Drowsy Emperor

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

Petitions for everything these days.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

It is their right, they can do so... And Clinton won the popular vote. However, considering all the emotions and violence that followed the election, I hope they don't.

Everybody knows the deal is rotten

Old Black Joe's still pickin' cotton

For your ribbons and bows

And everybody knows

If it's half, it's 50000 not 500000. And those White House petitions are completely useless, except for venting your spleen. Edit: Sorry, didn't read the whole article. It's a change.org petition, not a White House petition. But the same level of uselessness holds.

Edited by Wrath of Dagon
  • Like 1

Right to protest is vital part of democratic system, because it gives people that aren't satisfied with results by system ability to express their dissatisfaction and disagreement with direction that system is steering the country. It is one of the reasons why freedom of the speech is one of the most important rights that people have in democracy. So my question is why do you all hate democracy so much?

As others pointed out, right to protest is not a right to riot.

Rioting, vandalism, etc. are crimes and those who participate in those crimes should be punished according to law. But denying people right to protest because some protesters break the law is just same rhetoric where people demand that all guns should be banned because some gun owners us their guns to murder other people. 

Hillary was an outrageously bad candidate but still nearly won. The large majority of the country still votes the party line no matter how awful their candidate. In general, the independents bounce back and forth every 8 years after they finally get tired of the failed promises of the current administration or are simply bored with it and want a different flavored bubblegum. But, I will say that Trump's victory, without any media support whatsoever, is pretty substantial. Will it revolutionize anything? Probably not, but it's still unique, to say the least.

Sure is mate, sure is.

Just making the point that posts on twitter aren't necessarily a reliable source. Also a few racist incidents which always happened aren't the same as organized rioting.

I was. Aware.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

• Like 2

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Hillary was an outrageously bad candidate but still nearly won. The large majority of the country still votes the party line no matter how awful their candidate. In general, the independents bounce back and forth every 8 years after they finally get tired of the failed promises of the current administration or are simply bored with it and want a different flavored bubblegum. But, I will say that Trump's victory, without any media support whatsoever, is pretty substantial. Will it revolutionize anything? Probably not, but it's still unique, to say the least.

Trump had media's support. There wasn't day during his campaign that media didn't speak about him. Media talked about him so much that his nearly non-existing plans to realize his promises were washed away by nonsensical  sensationalist headlines. His lack of candidates in government jobs was realized after he won his campaign. And press successfully made people forgot what kind policies people in Trumps inner circle have, people who will most likely play part in new government. So some of the media smeared him and some plainly supported him but nobody seem to actually really questioning his ability to lead the country, which made him equal to Clinton when it come in choice as leader and then people had to only decide which one they hate more.

Edited by Elerond
  • Like 1

Clinton seem to have made history, by becoming as candidate that won with highest margin the popular vote and still lost the election.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/11/opinion/clintons-substantial-popular-vote-win.html?_r=1

By the time all the ballots are counted, she seems likely to be ahead by more than 2 million votes and more than 1.5 percentage points, according to my Times colleague Nate Cohn. She will have won by a wider percentage margin than not only Al Gore in 2000 but also Richard Nixon in 1968 and John F. Kennedy in 1960.

Trump had media's support. There wasn't day during his campaign that media didn't speak about him. Media talked about him so much that his nearly non-existing plans to realize his promises were washed away by nonsensical  sensationalist headlines. His lack of candidates in government jobs was realized after he won his campaign. And press successfully made people forgot what kind policies people in Trumps inner circle have, people who will most likely play part in new government. So some of the media smeared him and some plainly supported him but nobody seem to actually really questioning his ability to lead the country, which made him equal to Clinton when it come in choice as leader and then people had to only decide which one they hate more.

In comparison to someone like Gary Johnson, Trump had media support, but I didn't expect to have to explain. Both the left wing and right wing media outlets were out against Trump from the start, and as others have pointed out, they're still slow to get why Trump was elected, doubling down on pro right or left talking points.

No such thing as bad news fits here. It's like the more the elites tried to slam Trump, the more the independents supported him. So yeah, he won without major media backing of any sort, which was my point.

Right to protest is vital part of democratic system, because it gives people that aren't satisfied with results by system ability to express their dissatisfaction and disagreement with direction that system is steering the country. It is one of the reasons why freedom of the speech is one of the most important rights that people have in democracy. So my question is why do you all hate democracy so much?

As others pointed out, right to protest is not a right to riot.

Rioting, vandalism, etc. are crimes and those who participate in those crimes should be punished according to law. But denying people right to protest because some protesters break the law is just same rhetoric where people demand that all guns should be banned because some gun owners us their guns to murder other people.

No one's denying their right to protest peacefully.

Clinton seem to have made history, by becoming as candidate that won with highest margin the popular vote and still lost the election.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/11/opinion/clintons-substantial-popular-vote-win.html?_r=1

By the time all the ballots are counted, she seems likely to be ahead by more than 2 million votes and more than 1.5 percentage points, according to my Times colleague Nate Cohn. She will have won by a wider percentage margin than not only Al Gore in 2000 but also Richard Nixon in 1968 and John F. Kennedy in 1960.

Meh, that's just the huge margin she got in California, and probably half of those were illegal aliens voting.

Let us all remember one of my favorite threads on the forum:

http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/55814-woman-wins-millions-in-lottery-4-times/

It seemed relevant somehow.

Every time you guys are butthurt you bring up that thread. I stand by everything I said there, except for a couple of arithmetic errors I admitted to.
  • Like 1

Let us all remember one of my favorite threads on the forum:http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/55814-woman-wins-millions-in-lottery-4-times/It seemed relevant somehow.

Every time you guys are butthurt you bring up that thread. I stand by everything I said there, except for a couple of arithmetic errors I admitted to.

I think you're proving the point.

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot