Gun violence was a big part of the discussion last election here. I notice that Finland had a random act of gun violence. Hopefully Elerond and the other Finish folks are okay. Finland has a number of gun owners as I understand it and yet gun violence has been relatively rare there compared to here. I'm not for further restrictions on gun ownership in the United States, although I do think laws that are already passed should be enforced. The weapon the murderer in Finland used was a hunting rilfe, which is scary. The real anti-personnel weapon is the pistol, though. Rifles are deadly, but they serve a practical purpose in society. Pistols don't do anything better than rifles other than kill people at close quarters. That said, I don't advocate banning them.

Anyhow, hope all you Finish folk are good and healthy. Meanwhile, Oakland saw a fire that killed off ~30 people, but no matter what we do with firearms, there's no banning fire.

Gun violence is rare and gun violence towards strangers is even rarer, but American style gun culture has become more popular in Finland in past couple decades that has increased gun violence, but number of deaths (murders, accidents and suicides combined) that include firearm are still in relative small number, less than 200 deaths in year, although in EU level it is one of the highest when it is proportional population.

That latest incident that you speak about was done by known violent criminal who was using legal weapon he loaned from his friend and he seems to have decided to go shoot random women for still unknown reasons in local bar. 

I don't think that this event will anyway impact in weapon laws in Finland.

I'm wondering, CAN electoral voters NOT vote for who won their state? Is there consequences for an electoral voter to vote that way?

I was under the impression that the citizen voters could vote for whoever they wanted to BUT electoral votes could not because I was under the impression they had to vote for who the reg voters voted for otherwise the citizen vote is obsolete then in the process.

Edited by redneckdevil