RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS

Blarghagh

That Zelda video does nothing to move the needle either way for me.  I bought a Wii U some years ago because of Bayonetta 2 and Mario Kart 8 and I don't regret it because Bayonetta 2 was ludicrously amazing, plus I got to play Wonderful 101, Xenoblade Chronicles X, and am still looking forward to playing Tokyo Mirage Sessions at some point.  That said, I've mostly given up on Nintendo these days and only Metroid could possibly get me to buy their next console...  portable...  thing.  At this point, it seems as Samus Aran has been reduced to nothing more than Smash Bros. duty, so... yeah.  I suppose the new Zelda is coming out for Wii U also, but I don't know yet if I'll ever bother picking it up.

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Wow, every single news that I read about the Switch turned me off besides that Zelda trailer. And now it seems that they are skipping features like miiverse altogether. Also, this seems to be undeniably the worst launch line-up Nintendo has had since the days of the N64. 

The hype is gone, I am just glad I can play Breath of the Wild on the Wii U.  :facepalm:

EDIT:

matmilk.gif     :getlost:

Edited by Katphood

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

I'm probably picking up a Switch in a couple of years. That is, if the rpg library is decent enough. Haven't bothered with a Nintendo home console since the SNES. I am happy with my 3DS and if the library is half as good, I will cave eventually.

New Shin Megami Tensei game, a Tales of game, Xenoblade Chronicles 2, Octopath, Super Mario Odyssey (seems a bit uninspired, but could be fun), Zelda, Fire Emblem Warriors.

I'm in no hurry to get switch, but I'm a little bit curious, especially with the region lock supposedly gone.

I think the price tag of the Switch is kinda prohibitive.  $300 on its own doesn't sound that bad until you find out that it (seemingly) comes with no games.  So you have to drop another $50 just to have something to play.  Then come the prices of the accessories, which are just plain preposterous.  I don't think even Sony gouges their customers this bad with their proprietary tech.  $90 for a dock?  $70 for a pro controller?  Are you ****ing serious?

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Gamestop is offering like $200 if you trade in your Wii U for the Switch, so that makes it pretty affordable. But my 6-year old is pretty attached to his game library, so I think I'll need to wait a couple years to see if it is worth it.

Time's 50 most anticipated games of 2017:

http://time.com/4620695/most-anticipated-video-games-2017/

I'm only linking it here because this is the only most anticipated list I've seen that mentions Elex.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/411300/

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Dishonored 2 will feature highly customizeable difficulty and an optional perma-death mode. So I still have to finish my Emily high-chaos playthrough (that I've almost finished now), Emily low-chaos mostly flesh and steel playthrough, Corvo high-chaos mostly flesh and steel playthrough and then it seems I'll be bumping ALL THE DIFFICULTY options up and enabling iron man, see how far I'll get. I quite enjoy this new Dishonored game if you couldn't tell.

(on that note, while I'm not particularly fond of the Windows Store this new "single platform" at least allows me to play specific games I care about that would likely have stayed console exclusive otherwise like the Forza games)

Some of which(Multiplayer) are dead on arrival because most people don't like to buy games from the windows store.

Well, not a single hear on my head that would consider getting anything from the Windows store that I could get for PC elsewhere. Hell, I think the Windows store ranks behind Origin and Uplay even.

That said, the Forza games are cross-play (or whatever the name is), so I could just play those against Xbox players if I wanted to.

Oh yeah, while it's nice that developers don't have to write their own networking code anymore I can't help but feel that all these incompatible multiplayer platforms are soon going to become one of gaming's biggest problems (assuming we're not there yet)...

Anyway, not a lot of time for gaming aside from a quick race (in Forza Horizon 3 or The Crew) or Warframe mission here or there...

Edited by marelooke
  • Like 1

If the games from windows for pc were all cross platform to the Xbox 1, then that's the only way I would even think about getting a game off the windows store.

Only the xbone afaik. Eh, only games from the store I give a toss about are the Forza ones, because good racing games seem to have this tendency to be console exclusive... :(

I know you guys will be pumped for this

csNnhgD.png

"You know, there's going to be sex, drugs, rock-n-roll... chips, dips, chains, whips... You know, your basic high school orgy type of thing. I mean, uh, I'm not talking candlewax on the nipples, or witchcraft or anything like that, no, no, no. Just a couple of hundred kids running around in their underwear, acting like complete animals." -- Weird Science

• Like 2

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."