The US Election 2016, Part IX

Pidesco

Russia > China > North Korea > ISIS > USA > Yurop

Ah, the constant self affirmations of our insecure Russian members.  

He's Dutch.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Theoretically yes, especially since a lot of Hillary supporters are in the 'just hate Trump more' camp and aren't really keen on voting for Hillary. I'm not sure how aware Hillary strategists are that their support is soft though, they do seem to genuinely believe Hillary has run a tremendous campaign.

The strategy if Hillary's support doesn't materialise will probably be to blame Russia. No doubt contesting an election will be fine if Hillary does it because of 'outside interference', it's just bad if Trump does it.

That's something I surprisingly haven't seen discussed much.

Let's put aside corruption for a moment and look at polls at face value. Clinton is winning. But the last I heard in regards to voter morale, Trump voters were demolishing Clinton voters in terms of motivation to vote. I think a lot of them are openly annoyed by the accusations of being stupid for voting for Trump and being antagonized by the media, thus their motivation to vote spikes. Hillary supporters...? Pretty much her most loyal supporters are those that would ALWAYS vote regardless of circumstances. She doesn't really inspire loyalty.

It'll be interesting to see the results though, since there's sooooo many factors in play, from potential election fraud to media corruption and propaganda to a Republican candidate that has broken traditional Christian home values (strong republican voting base) to a Democratic one that struggles to fill high school gyms and has infamously low media interaction that isn't scripted, whereas Trump gets free media and constant coverage like crazy even if the majority is bad.

On the other hand, a candidate insisting that the contest is "rigged" probably isn't the greatest motivation to show up at the polls, either. 

Organization matters, too.  And the Clinton team is way ahead in having staff on the ground to drive their get-out-the-vote efforts (e.g., election day reminders, transportation assistance).  The guy who was running that aspect of the Trump campaign stopped working just a few days ago.

Also, there really is no meaningful chance that election fraud will affect the result

Edited by Enoch
  • Like 1

Oh, this was interesting...

https://www.wikileaks.org/podesta-emails/emailid/31077

The president lied, the Hillary team got fried.

we need to clean this up - he has emails from her - they do not say state.gov
Edited by Meshugger

- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Is this thing still going on? You know if you leave your TV and computer off you can almost... almost forget it's happening. Almost. 

But the World Series starts tonight so the TV comes on and Clinton and Trump are back in my living room. Ugh.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I started watching this Netflix documentary called 13TH.  I'm not too far into it, but they used a quote from a Nixon adviser that seemed pretty damning, so I went and looked it up.  Here is the story:

http://www.cnn.com/2016/03/23/politics/john-ehrlichman-richard-nixon-drug-war-blacks-hippie/

Pretty interesting.  I'd probably hesitate to call it a reliable quote, although it doesn't exactly seem all that shocking given what we know of how Nixon ran his campaign. 

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Due to Adblock, I will never know (well, unless I read the URL or URI, forget what is vogue these days)

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

It's a good thing we're all so busy reminding ourselves Trump is sexist and an idiot every five minutes so that we won't notice this problem.

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

Is your mom hot? It may explain why guys were following her ?

Sounds like it'll be something like the CPP

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Bleh... here I thought it was about privatizing the Secret Service. I'm sure there are a number of domestic and foreign companies that could do it cheaper and more efficient ;)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

https://youtu.be/pADHLsECWxY

A good explanation on why Trump is popular

A good explanation indeed....but why is he supporting Hillary? He is speaking of the people and the area that he is from after all.

Edited by Meshugger

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

"I hate the elites who've been screwing me over for over the past 40 years so I'm going to vote for one of them"

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

A good explanation on why Trump is popular

A good explanation indeed....but why is he supporting Hillary? He is speaking of the people and the area that he is from after all.

I think it's more along the lines of, he gets why Trump is popular without thinking there's a lot of backwards people left in America, but even if he gets why, doesn't mean those reasons are what he's looking for in a president.

"I hate the elites who've been screwing me over for over the past 40 years so I'm going to vote for one of them"

Trump ain't part of the "big club" if that's what you're thinking. The big club being the political elite in the US and the world, their financers like Wall Street, Soros, Rothshields, Rockefellers, assorted hedge-fund billionares and international bankers, old royalty, with their Bilderberg meetings, Trilateral commissions and World economic forums at Davos. No Trump is more like Rodney Dangerfields character in "Caddyshack" and he is messing with the plans of the big country club has for their agenda golf-course. Hillary however... 

Edited by Meshugger
  • Like 1

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

Elites is a funny term in how variable it is.

Elites is a funny term in how variable it is.

https://www.cambridge.org/core/journals/perspectives-on-politics/article/testing-theories-of-american-politics-elites-interest-groups-and-average-citizens/62327F513959D0A304D4893B382B992B

They are the ones who have trancended privilege-checking.

Edited by Meshugger

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

That's not really privatizing Social Security, it's another mandatory retirement system in parallel to benefit Hilzilla's Wall Street donors. Unlikely to ever pass IMO.

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

Hey look, another video of shenanigans:

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

Trump ain't part of the "big club" if that's what you're thinking. The big club being the political elite in the US and the world, their financers like Wall Street, Soros, Rothshields, Rockefellers, assorted hedge-fund billionares and international bankers, old royalty, with their Bilderberg meetings, Trilateral commissions and World economic forums at Davos. No Trump is more like Rodney Dangerfields character in "Caddyshack" and he is messing with the plans of the big country club has for their agenda golf-course. Hillary however... 

I approve of the Rodney Dangerfield comparison.  :)

Possibly. Locally it gets bandied about to include people that went to school.

I always prefer the Hidden Elders for my term. Or Steve.

• Like 1