The US Election 2016, Part IX

Pidesco

Stein

It was an easy choice for me

Do you mind sharing the reasons?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Stein

I read that as Stalin on the first pass :lol: Edited by Malcador
  • Like 3

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Stein

Who else would it be? I like Johnson and I agree with him on quite a few things but I really disagree with him on some other items that I just can't get over

I'm really excited to see how some of the ballot measures turn out like our huge smoking tax, making it tougher to amend the constitution, universal healthcare, and removing the criminal exception for slavery.

Stein

I read that as Stalin on the first pass :lol:

Nope

I'm positive that's not at all what was written

• Like 1

Free games updated 3/4/21

Stein

Son I am proud.

• Like 1

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

Is your mom hot? It may explain why guys were following her ?

The best part Shady is you didn't feel the need to take a shower after voting.

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Stein

Have you not been reading these last nine threads??? 

:lol:

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Stein

Have you not been reading these last nine threads??? 

:lol:

People change there minds, there are a myriad of different views around who to vote for  :biggrin:

Edited by BruceVC

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

The only thing we have disagreed on for the most part (except a few like you, Pidesco, and a few others) is if Trump is worse than Clinton or vice versa. We seem to be in pretty universal agreement they are both God f-----g awful.

Thomas Sowell

Stein

Stein is....interesting. On one hand she has picked a VP that thinks that protesting against the attack on Charlie Hebdo is a sign of white supremacy, but on the other hand she supports Trump's foreign policy.

Maybe she just likes everyone.

Perhaps a stalinist?

Edited by Meshugger
  • Like 1

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Not a Stalinist but a populist towards anything that the cooky side of the left might like. She won't support stupid stuff directly but she usually seems careful to words things in a way that doesn't commit her to a definite position. Homeopathy is no longer part of her platform, at least.

Replying to what's her position on homeopathy, she can't seem to give a straight answer:

For homeopathy, just because something is untested doesn’t mean it’s safe. By the same token, being “tested” and “reviewed” by agencies tied to big pharma and the chemical industry is also problematic. There’s a lot of snake-oil in this system. We need research and licensing boards that are protected from conflicts of interest. They should not be limited by arbitrary definitions of what is “natural” or not.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Well, I voted.

Glad it's over. 

I do kinda miss it already though.

I'll be voting today, just before I go on my road trip.

Edit: Never mind, the voting place just down the street from me (public library) doesn't open for early voting until the 27th.  I could find another place further from my home, but I can wait a week.

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7e2lq4QpQXw

This video is going to shock many people, normally I wouldn't post such a video as it creates a bad impression of South Africa and the level of insight some University students have  ...please understand this is not what all students think but we have militant and disruptive  student movements in SA  and one of there  " objectives "  is the decolonisation of Universities ...they also think they can adopt core university subjects to an "African "  view.

Its  a well meaning but utterly misplaced movement ...this video shows how bad it can get 

Edited by BruceVC

John Milton 

This video is going to shock many people, normally I wouldn't post such a video as it creates a bad impression of South Africa and the level of insight some University students have  ...please understand this is not what all students think but we have militant and disruptive  student movements in SA  and one of there  " objectives "  is the decolonisation of Universities ...they also think they can adopt core university subjects to an "African "  view.

Its  a well meaning but utterly misplaced movement ...this video shows how bad it can get

All power to them, decolonise whole Africa I say!

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

Apparently ethnomathematics is a thing

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

You cant decolonize Africa because it is already decolonized

This " idea " is unique to SA and only groups of protesting students believe it. 

John Milton 

You cant decolonize Africa because it is already decolonized

This " idea " is unique to SA and only groups of protesting students believe it.

There are still whites in Africa spreading their stupid white science! Until they stop spreading lies about gravity African people can't reach their heights showing us how voodoo can produce lightnings on demand! Purge the heretics is say!

Edited by Chilloutman

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

I came across a variant of this when I was studying translation in university. Roughly speaking, there was a current of translation studies which posited that all translations were done from a male perspective, and that translation should be studied from a feminist studies perspective. It quickly became apparent to me that all this translation theory was a blatant shoehorning of the two subjects into each other, and it helped with nothing other than with the regurgitation of ideology. It wasn't "let's look at translation from a feminist/female perspective", but rather translation is done in a "male" fashion therefore it is wrong and we must fight that by shoehorning feminist ideology into it.

Heja Sverige!!

This video is going to shock many people, normally I wouldn't post such a video as it creates a bad impression of South Africa and the level of insight some University students have ...please understand this is not what all students think but we have militant and disruptive student movements in SA and one of there " objectives " is the decolonisation of Universities ...they also think they can adopt core university subjects to an "African " view.

Its a well meaning but utterly misplaced movement ...this video shows how bad it can get

Ok. I understand that not all SA students think that gravity was invented and forced upon them by colonists. But the question is how many students oppose that view? Minority/majority?

It's like saying "don't worry not all of this dishes are poisoned". I would like some specifics.

And while there is a ritual for smiting an lightning on to a person, Svarog requires at least three blood sacrifices so its highly inneficient.

It is a  valid question because what if that perspective represented what all black students thought....the country would be doomed

No that type of  " anti-white"..." anti-European " perspective represents about 20 % of the students. Its normal in SA, I debate people who think that everyday

You cant get annoyed if you live here by that type of event....if you did you may be annoyed all the time 

John Milton 

Why would you inject that video in this thread?

• Like 1

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I can't speak for the guy, but the filtering of empirical fact through the prism of ideology certainly applies to political partisanship in the US. Global warming and evolution are the obvious examples

• Like 1

Heja Sverige!!

Heja Sverige!!

Why would you inject that video in this thread?

You right, I didnt explain the relevance to this thread

I wanted to say at the moment there are several global populist movements in most countries. What is relevant to all of us who live in Western countries is these populist movements are  something that manifests itself in our countries in different forms and creates degrees of chaos, anxiety and sometimes depression or concern for the future

What I wanted to highlight is this whole USA election and the general levels of frustration from many of US forum friends is understandable ....but imagine living in SA, you have people believing you can recreate science in an African prism because the current education system isnt designed with an African consideration and doesn't represent " South African values " 

Its nonsense of course  -_-

John Milton 

So a lot of people not only here in USA but all over the world is tired of the NWO politics that is trying to inject into every country....

TBH I think a lot of places need a revolution and burn their place to the ground so that something new, not old or present can raise up. Why force what they don't want down their throats? Let them have the freedom to chose and win/lose on their own.

We need something new, because the old and what we have presently isn't cutting it.

We haven't had a good plague or world war to thin out the numbers and rotate ideology of the people up top for a hot min.

Let Mother Gaea break out the knife and do a nice trim and wash it all away.

Cthulhu

• Like 1