The US Election 2016, Part IX

Pidesco

This is my favorite "WTF?" political story for the day. Not important, not really relevant, but somehow strange and hilarious:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4oVkYlLIleM

EDIT: Awww someone beat me to it.

Edited by Longknife

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

Is your mom hot? It may explain why guys were following her ?

Overthrowing governments is an old and time-honoured tradition in Europe :)

• Like 2

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

More proof of Hilzilla's evil: http://heatst.com/politics/fbi-hillary-clinton-terror/

I wish there was some kind of mandatory minimum standard of decency for candidates so both would be disqualified.

Wow, talk about an upsell with that language.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

http://edition.cnn.com/2016/10/15/politics/donald-trump-rigged-election-hillary-clinton/index.html

Guys Trump has gone too far ....again. He has now started questioning the legitimacy of the entire US election...he is saying there is systemic  vote rigging

This is unprecedented surely, a candidate attacking one of the core foundations of what the US  stands for even before the election results are out ?

Does this not concern anyone in the US?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

https://www.yahoo.com/news/ecuador-cuts-julian-assanges-internet-access-wikileaks-002425066.html

So its confirmed, Ecuador has indeed cut Assanges Internet access, this will drive him insane with boredom and it serves him right

I wonder how long he will will last now before surrendering to the UK authorities?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

http://edition.cnn.com/2016/10/15/politics/donald-trump-rigged-election-hillary-clinton/index.html

Guys Trump has gone too far ....again. He has now started questioning the legitimacy of the entire US election...he is saying there is systemic vote rigging

This is unprecedented surely, a candidate attacking one of the core foundations of what the US stands for even before the election results are out ?

Did you miss the DNC rigging the primary and the video of the DNC staffer talking about busing groups around to vote in multiple polling stations? I'm not saying that its assured that the election will be rigged, but its hardly beyond belief. The DNC has done so much shady crap this election you can't really dismiss anything.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Guys Trump has gone too far ....again. He has now started questioning the legitimacy of the entire US election...he is saying there is systemic vote rigging

This is unprecedented surely, a candidate attacking one of the core foundations of what the US stands for even before the election results are out ?

Did you miss the DNC rigging the primary and the video of the DNC staffer talking about busing groups around to vote in multiple polling stations? I'm not saying that its assured that the election will be rigged, but its hardly beyond belief. The DNC has done so much shady crap this election you can't really dismiss anything.

There will always be a degree of voting fraud in almost every Democratic election across the world ...the USA is no different to other countries in this regard. But its not the same thing as saying " the US  election is rigged " 

Trump is saying the entire electoral system is rigged 

John Milton 

Considering what you can read in the documents of the Podesta-leak, it is "rigged" in the way of journalists from WaPo, NYTimes and Politico admitingly create narratives that benefit the democratic party, how the DNC actively worked against Bernie during the primaries and how much time spent on Trump "scandals" (in this case Trump is playing them, but they are guilty as in taking the bait in the first place) by the media at large.

So not no, it is not rigged in the way on who is counting the votes (electronic voting in itself is ****, but that's another issue), but how the odds are stacked against him due to how the media works with those in power.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

http://dailycaller.com/2016/10/18/activist-who-took-credit-for-violent-chicago-protests-was-on-hillarys-payroll/

Turns out that the agent provocateurs were on Hillary's campaign payroll. In other words, the very people starting the riot in Chicago at the Trump rally are working for the opponent.

- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

https://www.yahoo.com/news/ecuador-cuts-julian-assanges-internet-access-wikileaks-002425066.html

So its confirmed, Ecuador has indeed cut Assanges Internet access, this will drive him insane with boredom and it serves him right

I wonder how long he will will last now before surrendering to the UK authorities?

When cheering for those in power, is it the only time when it you feel like you are part of something larger than you? Making history? Finding meaning or purpose?

Just curious.

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

Yes the media has been creating a narrative against Trump since at least the 80s, leading up to this election. He was always the prototype of the corrupt, scruple-less real estate magnate. After the mess with Ivana and Marla Maples he was also seen as a sleazeball because, surprise, he is one.

Up until the birther press conference the media, during this campaign, was actually giving a giant pass to Trump (as long as he didn't explode in a gaggle of nativist incoherent babble, he was being potentially presidential).

In any case you are giving a lot more power to the media than it is warranted. Bernie lost because was too much to the left for the Democratic base. It's just demographics. His excellent performance speaks volumes for the move left on the part of of the Dem electorate, but he still didn't have a chance of gaining the nomination.

As for the DNC actively working with the media to influence opinion, I'd be flabbergasted if that wasn't the case for both sides of the aisle since, at the very least, the muckraker days. It just so happens, regarding this election, that creating a narrative against Trump isn't so much digging stuff up as it is quoting him verbatim and let him stand on his own horribleness. The odds are stacked against Trump but the responsibility lies squarely on his shoulders.

It's really weird to me that HRC and the current DNC seems to be where the buck stops, for a lot of people. Digging dirt on your opponents has been standard procedure since forever. Ditto for saying one thing in private and another in public. All I've seen in the recent Podesta leaks doesn't surprise me in the least. Political parties shouldn't be like this? Sure. Is the political modus operandi fundamentally different from 2008 or 2000 or 1988 or 1980 or pick any year? No.

• Like 1

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Yes the media has been creating a narrative against Trump since at least the 80s, leading up to this election. He was always the prototype of the corrupt, scruple-less real estate magnate. After the mess with Ivana and Marla Maples he was also seen as a sleazeball because, surprise, he is one.

Up until the birther press conference the media, during this campaign, was actually giving a giant pass to Trump (as long as he didn't explode in a gaggle of nativist incoherent babble, he was being potential presidential).

In any case you are giving a lot more power to the media than it is warranted. Bernie lost because was too much to the left for the Democratic base. It's just demographics. His excellent performance speaks volumes for the move left on the part of of the Dem electorate, but he still didn't have a chance of gaining the nomination.

As for the DNC actively working with the media to influence opinion, I'd be flabbergasted if that wasn't the case for both sides of the aisle since, at the very least, the muckraker days. It just so happens, regarding this election, that creating a narrative against Trump isn't so much digging stuff up as it is quoting him verbatim and let him stand on his own horribleness. The odds are stacked against Trump but the responsibility lies squarely on his shoulders.

It's really weird to me that HRC and the current DNC seems to be where the buck stops, for a lot of people. Digging dirt on your opponents has been standard procedure since forever. Ditto for saying one thing in private and another in public. All I've seen in the recent Podesta leaks doesn't surprise me in the least. Political parties shouldn't be like this? Sure. Is the political modus operandi fundamentally different from 2008 or 2000 or 1988 or 1980 or pick any year? No.

This is a very good post Pidesco, I hope everyone reads its as it disputes the whole false narrative " the US election is rigged " by Trump 

John Milton 

When cheering for those in power, is it the only time when it you feel like you are part of something larger than you? Making history? Finding meaning or purpose?

Just curious.

I support a certain ideology like we all do. Assange is a parasite and a very divisive personality who has a personal grudge against the West and particularly the USA

Of course I feel like Im part of something greater when someone like Assange is unable to continue his cyber attacks on the USA, one less source of propaganda to worry about  :geek:

John Milton 

Up until the birther press conference the media, during this campaign, was actually giving a giant pass to Trump (as long as he didn't explode in a gaggle of nativist incoherent babble, he was being potential presidential).

Bernie losing in itself is not problem since there wasn't enough people voting for him; and i am not taking into account the discrapencies found in Lousiana and Arizona either. The problem was that the party had practically chosen Hillary had was working against Bernie from the inside. A pack of snakes who should be routed out, i would say.

As for the rest of the apathy of the media always being like this and that is was what politics are, if it doesn't change now, then it definately will later as the forces at bay will not be controllable anymore. They are sitting on the throne of Louis XVI without even realizing it. Both Eisenhower and Kennedy warned against complacency of the public trust. 

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

Just curious.

I support a certain ideology like we all do. Assange is a parasite and a very divisive personality who has a personal grudge against the West and particularly the USA

Of course I feel like Im part of something greater when someone like Assange is unable to continue his cyber attacks on the USA, one less source of propaganda to worry about  :geek:

And the current administration doesn't do cyber attacks and indulge in propaganda? What is the difference?

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

Just curious.

And the current administration doesn't do cyber attacks and indulge in propaganda? What is the difference?

Define  " indulge in propaganda ", you need to be specific and give examples ?

John Milton 

Just curious.

You mean something that you can just enter in wikipedia so you can discern on what propaganda you find acceptable? Not going that route, sonny.

Again, if that's the only reason for cheering for those in power, then "why?" if they are doing the very same thing as you claim Assange to do.

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

Just curious.

You mean something that you can just enter in wikipedia so you can discern on what propaganda you find acceptable? Not going that route, sonny.

Again, if that's the only reason for cheering for those in power, then "why?" if they are doing the very same thing as you claim Assange to do.

All countries use a degree of propaganda but Assange isn't a country, he isn't a president ....he isn't much actually

Assange quite simply represents a group of people that are opposed to the West and of course the USA and they seek to  undermine the West   whenever opportunity presents itself. HIs usage of propaganda surely cant be seen the same as when a country uses it ?

John Milton 

His whining is balanced against the fact he can't shut up for a while.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I think I will watch the final debate live tonight, its 3 am SA  time I do think it will be worth it  :dancing:

John Milton 

Just curious.

I support a certain ideology like we all do.

And what an ideology it is! Suppression of free speech and independent thought. Confiscation of private property. Mandatory gender-reassignment surgery for male misogynists! That will show them! And if it doesn't at least the earnest SJW's dating prospects will have improved!

:lol:  I kid of course!

In all seriousness though Bruce you are railing against bad acts in a race where there is nothing but bad actors. You just have to learn to say f--k it.

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Just curious.

I support a certain ideology like we all do.

And what an ideology it is! Suppression of free speech and independent thought. Confiscation of private property. Mandatory gender-reassignment surgery for male misogynists! That will show them! And if it doesn't at least the earnest SJW's dating prospects will have improved!

:lol:  I kid of course!

In all seriousness though Bruce you are railing against bad acts in a race where there is nothing but bad actors. You just have to learn to say f--k it.

:lol:

You make me laugh sometimes 

John Milton 

Maybe Platon was right. Only great philosophical minds can lead country and other people need to serve their vision  :devil:

To me choice for as our great philosophical leader is clear, there is nobody better qualified to tell people what they should think than Bruce  :bow:

• Like 1