The US Election 2016, Part VIII

Pidesco

Other than the whole naive, kumbaya feel of the quote, what's wrong with it? Sounds like something Sanders and Stein supporters would get behind of.

It's always easy to dream that way when you can do it on other people's money. 

This sentiment is, of course, entirely inapplicable to certain highly practical dreams of wall-building and its ilk.

"Lulz is not the highest aspiration of art and mankind, no matter what the Encyclopedia Dramatica says."

Other than the whole naive, kumbaya feel of the quote, what's wrong with it? Sounds like something Sanders and Stein supporters would get behind of.

This sentiment is, of course, entirely inapplicable to certain highly practical dreams of wall-building and its ilk.

The anti-construction engineering lobby has stricken once again, i see. Sure the industry has problems with cutting corners, problems with selection materials with less longviety than expected but they should stop listen to the ramblings of uncle Joseph and put their trust on cousin Donny the builder instead.

Edited by Meshugger

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

The anti-construction engineering lobby has stricken once again, i see. Sure the industry has problems with cutting corners, problems with selection materials with less longviety than expected but they should stop listen to the ramblings of uncle Joseph

i c wat u did der

"Lulz is not the highest aspiration of art and mankind, no matter what the Encyclopedia Dramatica says."

It's civil engineering. Not construction engineering. Reminds me of watching some GOP hack saying the US Civil Eng association only says infrastructure is in a bad way to get money for themselves.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

"Not sure the State Department managed police."

30 years of experience, man, 30 years of experience.

Also, Trump's flaws don't whitewash Hillary's flaws and hers are doozies espicially since has 30 years of experience.  I mean, I have 40 years of experience being alive doesn't mean I know what I'm doing. L0L

Trump has said mean and hateful things towards women. He has done the same to men. Is he sexist towards men? Trump is juat mean, hateful, pathetic man. That doesn't necessarily make him sexist. It makes him a scumbag.

• Like 1

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

"Not sure the State Department managed police."

30 years of experience, man, 30 years of experience.

Also, Trump's flaws don't whitewash Hillary's flaws and hers are doozies espicially since has 30 years of experience.  I mean, I have 40 years of experience being alive doesn't mean I know what I'm doing. L0L

Trump has said mean and hateful things towards women. He has done the same to men. Is he sexist towards men? Trump is juat mean, hateful, pathetic man. That doesn't necessarily make him sexist. It makes him a scumbag.

volo I have never heard of a man being called sexist towards men? I have extensive experience around this form of bigotry and that would be a  first 

Also you keep seem to be missing the point that as these numerous flaws are revealed in Trump and he keeps hurting his image there is less and less chance he will be president, this is a good thing volo. You should be happy ?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I think the fact that he engaged in "what-about-ism" vis-a-vis Bill Clinton in his "apology" left me with an even lower opinion of Trump afterwards, to be honest. For god's sake, for a guy as egotistical as him that opportunity was supposed to be all about him and nothing more.

• Like 1
“Political philosophers have often pointed out that in wartime, the citizen, the male citizen at least, loses one of his most basic rights, his right to life; and this has been true ever since the French Revolution and the invention of conscription, now an almost universally accepted principle. But these same philosophers have rarely noted that the citizen in question simultaneously loses another right, one just as basic and perhaps even more vital for his conception of himself as a civilized human being: the right not to kill.”

-Jonathan Littell <<Les Bienveillantes>>

"The chancellor, the late chancellor, was only partly correct. He was obsolete. But so is the State, the entity he worshipped. Any state, entity, or ideology becomes obsolete when it stockpiles the wrong weapons: when it captures territories, but not minds; when it enslaves millions, but convinces nobody. When it is naked, yet puts on armor and calls it faith, while in the Eyes of God it has no faith at all. Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

-Rod Serling

The dems will eventually have to lay off the "muh raycism and smexsim" charges and assess Donald's proposed policy changes. Might behoove them to try that before he's president.

First, they are not charges, they are recorded fact. Second and more important, his supposed policies regarding immigration and foreign policy are stupid and naive at best. At worst his proposed policies are racist and dangerous to America and the world at large. Build a wall and deport all Muslims come to mind.

Trump never suggested deporting all muslims (or any muslims), and a wall hardly sounds dangerous to the world.

"Good thing I don't heal my characters or they'd be really hurt." Is not something I should ever be thinking.

I use blue text when I'm being sarcastic.

I think the fact that he engaged in "what-about-ism" vis-a-vis Bill Clinton in his "apology" left me with an even lower opinion of Trump afterwards, to be honest. For god's sake, for a guy as egotistical as him that opportunity was supposed to be all about him and nothing more.

He's a perfect specimen of a corporate man. :lol:

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

It's hard to ignore Hillary lambasting Trump being sexist when she ruthlessly defended lying Bill for doing pretty much the same thing. 

At the end of the day, Hillary's transgressions as Secretary of State are far worse than Trump sounding like a cad with his buddies. 

The dems will eventually have to lay off the "muh raycism and smexsim" charges and assess Donald's proposed policy changes. Might behoove them to try that before he's president.

First, they are not charges, they are recorded fact. Second and more important, his supposed policies regarding immigration and foreign policy are stupid and naive at best. At worst his proposed policies are racist and dangerous to America and the world at large. Build a wall and deport all Muslims come to mind.

Trump never suggested deporting all muslims (or any muslims), and a wall hardly sounds dangerous to the world.

http://edition.cnn.com/videos/politics/2016/10/05/vice-presidential-debate-mike-pence-v-donald-trump-origwx-allee.cnn

Enjoy.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

http://edition.cnn.com/videos/politics/2016/10/05/vice-presidential-debate-mike-pence-v-donald-trump-origwx-allee.cnn

Enjoy.

Those references to deportation are in regard to illegal immigrants. Not Muslims.

Deporting illegals (they're not supposed to be here) is whole different ball game than deporting people for their beliefs.

Edited by Namutree

"Good thing I don't heal my characters or they'd be really hurt." Is not something I should ever be thinking.

Yeah, you're right. Sorry about that. It's still terrible, though.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2014/11/21/7-charts-that-explain-the-undocumented-immigrant-population/

The majority of illegal immigrants have been in the US for over 10 years, which means they are more than settled and a significant percentage have progeny that was born in the US.

Heja Sverige!!

So always remember if I ever leave these forums..

Celebration -- Kool and the Gang

Dancing on the ceiling -- Lionel Richie

Na na Hey Hey Goodbye -- Gabe Newell

FTR Zora thinks that people who choose 'teams' for anything other than sports are inflexible doctrinaire morans, and that it is thus utterly unsurprising that Bruce always nails his colours to teams. Zora also finds Bruce's deliberate manipulations of other's positions to get replies to be obnoxious.

Plus, still no proof that Russia leaked anything, just assertions from the same people who said that Iraq had deployable wmds, yellowcake, worked with Al Qaeda and a host of other politically mandated falsehoods. D+ overall you got a reply and had your name at the top of the post so I have to give your troll at least one grade, and my regret for not reporting you when you admitted to trolling goes up sufficiently that if you ever do so again- or admit it for anyone else- I most certainly will. I have the playlist all cued up and ready to go.

trump's muslim ban has 'been 'bout entry as 'posed to deportation.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-pushes-expanded-ban-on-muslims-and-other-foreigners/2016/06/13/c9988e96-317d-11e6-8ff7-7b6c1998b7a0_story.html

the ban were original targeting any muslim entering the country, but trump's plan has evolved a bit.  is still a ridiculous plan, and would be struck down by SCOTUS, but is not 'bout deporting muslims.

deportation o' illegals is a different issue.  the illegals issue is a bit more complex and is perfect trump fodder as gut-level sympathy for people who is admitted doing something illegal is gonna be low.  the fact that many illegals has been getting away with their criminal activity for decades tends to reduce empathy rather than increas.  after all, US immigration policies is already 'mongst the western world's most lax.  

regardless, the trump muslim ban has been 'bout entrance. 

HA! Good Fun!

Edited by Gromnir

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

"Also you keep seem to be missing the point that as these numerous flaws are revealed in Trump and he keeps hurting his image there is less and less chance he will be president, this is a good thing volo. You should be happy ?"

Not really. Because the alternative is Hillary. Different **** is still equal ****.

"The majority of illegal immigrants have been in the US for over 10 years, which means they are more than settled and a significant percentage have progeny that was born in the US."

rewarding criminal behavior should not be acceptable. Tell them the kids can stay as it ain't their faul but the parents can go and then legally apply.  Citizens of a country are expected to follow the law... why should non citizerns be above it? The logic on the pro illegal immigration side is absolutely insane.

P.S. I'm 100% for legal immigration. Afterall, NA is friggin' built on it but the laws should a) either be followed or b) if they are bullcrap fought to be changed.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Yeah, you're right. Sorry about that. It's still terrible, though.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2014/11/21/7-charts-that-explain-the-undocumented-immigrant-population/

The majority of illegal immigrants have been in the US for over 10 years, which means they are more than settled and a significant percentage have progeny that was born in the US.

Well, the parents of children are basically immune from deportation since their kids are US citizens (being born here and all). I believe this known as having an anchor baby. So, not really a concern.

I will note that I am not a fan of a wall or deportation force as a solution to the illegal alien issue. Seems like using a machete for an operation that needs a scalpel, but the only alternative I've been presented with is to not even get the surgery.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2015/08/20/the-myth-of-the-anchor-baby-deportation-defense/

anchor baby is not what most believe it to be.

*shrug*

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Legally it's not a defense but under Obola's policies it is. Also having an anchor baby citizen gives them access to welfare benefits for the baby, access to free education, access to free healthcare. It's true if the government is trying to deport someone, the anchor baby might not help, but they won't be trying in the first place unless the parent is a serious criminal, and then only may be.

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

Bruce is your reading comprehension abysmal, do you cling to minute details without recognizing context, or do you just not read your own sources beyond the headlines?

The article you link explicitly asserts the Clinton campaign was the first to make that accusation, and slowly the entire administration adjusted their narrative to match. The article is cautioning you to not believe that claim and implying it's shady business.

Edited by Longknife

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

Is your mom hot? It may explain why guys were following her ?

Heja Sverige!!

Trump confirmed for not being the establishment candidate.

It's fascinating to see how all the people of the big club are coming out with the knives in their hands.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Trump being stabbed to death outside Trump tower in NY is a nice thought. Not sure this is being part of the establishment or just disliking an utter ****.