The US Election 2016, Part VIII

Pidesco

I thought this was a joke. That bit about Hillary Clinton wanting to use a weaponized drone to kill Juilan Assnage.. Apparently she was serious: http://redalertpolitics.com/2016/10/03/hillary-wants-drone-bomb-wikileaks-julian-assange/

I guess she comes from the Josef Stalin school of thought. "Death solves all problems. No man, no problem".

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I was just reading about the Pence/Kaine debate coming up. Am I the only one who would sleep a lot better it we could reverse these tickets? Have Pence and Kaine as the presidential candidates and those other two fools running for VP?

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

People wanted Pence to run for President, but he decided against it. Probably would still have lost to Trump as he'd run on the normal Cocpublican corporatist agenda.

Bill Clinton trashes Obolacare: http://dailycaller.com/2016/10/03/bill-clinton-trashes-obamacare-at-event-calls-it-crazy-system/

Edited by Wrath of Dagon

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

I thought this was a joke. That bit about Hillary Clinton wanting to use a weaponized drone to kill Juilan Assnage.. Apparently she was serious: http://redalertpolitics.com/2016/10/03/hillary-wants-drone-bomb-wikileaks-julian-assange/

I guess she comes from the Josef Stalin school of thought. "Death solves all problems. No man, no problem".

Yeah. US government deciding some people need to die is a recent thing to be outraged over.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/trump-suggests-vets-ptsd-aren-strong-article-1.2815752

Trump has gone too far....again...now he is attacking war veterans who suffer from PTSD

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/trump-suggests-vets-ptsd-aren-strong-article-1.2815752

Trump has gone too far....again...now he is attacking war veterans who suffer from PTSD

The sad thing is, no one will care. This won't matter. That's because it's not about him. It's about stopping Clinton. The same it true with her. If Wikileaks releases proof she took a bribe in the Uranium One fiasco it won't matter because half of the country already thinks she did. The supporters of either candidate do not love them. Far from it. They the hate the other candidate more. It really is the epitome of electoral dysfunction. 

• Like 1

Thomas Sowell

The sad thing is, no one will care. This won't matter. That's because it's not about him. It's about stopping Clinton. The same it true with her. If Wikileaks releases proof she took a bribe in the Uranium One fiasco it won't matter because half of the country already thinks she did. The supporters of either candidate do not love them. Far from it. They the hate the other candidate more. It really is the epitome of electoral dysfunction. 

Part of what you say resonates with me, I"ll be honest I find most of your post depressing yet I cant deny everything you say 

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

It's true. We've finally taken the "lesser of two evils" thing too far. There is nothing Hillary Clinton can do now to drive away her voters. She could get up on a stage and insult everyone in her party and crowd and promise to sell them all to "wall street" and it would not change one of their votes because to them she would still be less terrible than Trump. Look at all the horrible things both of them have said and their poll numbers don't change. They are both fighting over the same 3 percentage points. I think Johnson and Stein have topped out. This is how it is.

And you're right... it IS depressing.

Will they met me bring my dogs if I move to Iceland?

Edited by Guard Dog
  • Like 1

Thomas Sowell

as agiel noted earlier, assange's credibility is suspect.  (understatement)  am willing to believe just about anything regarding clinton at this point, but am thinking if there were some kinda campaign destroying info on her, it woulda' been better to release to a credible news outlet.  allow the news agency to verify.  

assange? whatever info is released, am gonna be hearing in our noggin as done by jon lovitz.

gonna need an independent source to verify anything from assange.

HA! Good Fun!

Edited by Gromnir

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

He's not attacking anybody, because he used the word "strong" the left is feigning a freak out and using it to attack Trump. Here's the full quote: https://twitter.com/RubinReport/status/783036190018588672
  • Like 1

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

The leak was described as ‘Unsurprising, predictable and weak’ by Trump’s opponent in the race, Hillary Klingon

Tee-hee. :wowey:

• Like 1

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

I agree with Grom. Assange is not 100% credible but it is very easy to believe the worst of Clinton when the worst is all you ever get out of her.

If he wanted to torpedo her the time to do it was in the Primaries. The thing is of the Democrats had nominated... heck nearly anyone else they would be walking away with this thing against Trump. Mark Schweitzer, Tulsi Gabbard, James Webb, Jack Markell, Bill Richardson just to name a few are all Democrats who would make a decent President and would make short work of Trump. All of them have Presidential aspirations. But it was made clear to the whole party it was going to be Clinton and take what they did to Sanders as proof of their sincerity.

The Republican side is different. The Orange Cloud of Death was actually voted in by the party voters (because unlike the Dems, the Republicans actually elect their candidate) over the objection of the party leaders who at least know a walking, talking f--k up when they see one. Any of the other candidates should be making short work of Clinton but we're stuck with who we're stuck with. 

Edited by Guard Dog

Thomas Sowell

almost complete off-topic, but if we were gonna make clinton a star trek villain, it would be the dominion. duplicitous shape-changers who gets the underprivileged hooked on ketracel-white, then exploit 'em?  

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 3

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

almost complete off-topic, but if we were gonna make clinton a star trek villain, it would be the dominion. duplicitous shape-changers who gets the underprivileged hooked on ketracel-white, then exploit 'em?  

HA! Good Fun!

And from the same show DS9 Trump would be the admiral who used fear of infiltrating founders to declare martial law on Earth.

Thomas Sowell

Nah, that's more like brown-shirt fascism that anything else 

Thomas Sowell

How is that Stalinism as opposed to **** just being ****, though?

Kind of like Rangers fans stabbing Celtic ones.

Edited by Malcador

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

HA! Good Fun!

And from the same show DS9 Trump would be the admiral who used fear of infiltrating founders to declare martial law on Earth.

am thinking that particular for shady and manifested, the election would be much more entertaining if the roles were filled by star trek characters and organizations.  

would be even better if it were lego star trek?

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 1

Kind of like Rangers fans stabbing Bruins ones.

fixed

how can a canadian screw up a hockey metaphor? am pretty sure that is the only crime still punishable by death in canada.

HA! Good Fun!

fixed

how can a canadian screw up a hockey metaphor? am pretty sure that is the only crime still punishable by death in canada.

HA! Good Fun!

Rangers and Celtic are football clubs in Scotland with a history of that kind of crap, 60s or so.

Nah, that's more like brown-shirt fascism that anything else

And those are different how? This is coming from the left, enabled by one of the major parties.

Kind of like Rangers fans stabbing Celtic ones.

No, because this is political and racial.

fixed

HA! Good Fun!

Rangers and Celtic are football clubs in Scotland with a history of that kind of crap, 60s or so.

football clubs in scotland? from the 60s?  

and you might as well give up on the stalinism thing.  wod kinda screwed up with the rbg-sjw-stalinism bit and now he is gonna be shoehorning stalinism into posts for the next week or so regardless o' how inappropriate or unrelated. is a pattern that has been repeated.

HA! Good Fun!