What are you playing right now

Rosbjerg

More DX: MD.

I'm drawing a blank about what the augment is called -- it's the one that can fire a bunch of gas rockets in a wide area -- but I can't seem to get it to work right.  I'll fire it, but I don't have the range down and the gas cloud only hits one or two enemies (there's usually 5 or 6 coming at me).

Non-lethal's difficult because even if you tranq one enemy, his buddy will just revive him when he stumbles across him.  The tranq rifle isn't much good when there's multiple enemies in a building you have to clear.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Ok, gave DX:MD another try. Reduced the mouse sensitivity to about 20%, which makes it a little bit better (still feels weird). Also the interface just feels lagging behind... so annoying.

So far it does have a HR feeling to it, but I'll guess I just can't get into the Prague setting. Liked Detroit a lot more, and loved Hengsha. Maybe it's because the Praque scene is set in a ghetto or something, no idea.

Jensens apartment looks nice and realistic- could even do something like this with my rooms... if I had the money to replace everything.

• Like 1

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

I booted Gran Turismo 5 today again, and decided to finish the AMG Driving Academy Special Event. In between the dry and wet events, I tried to go for the GT-R Official Record Trophy as well. I thought this trophy would be for me the hardest, but even though I crashed before the last chicane, I managed to overcome the required time by almost 4 seconds. After that, I spent 2 more hours on AMG Academy, and I was able to get all the events on Gold Medals. \o/ Need to take a break now, so I am visiting my parents dogs, to chill little bit :-P

Next in line is Gran Turismo Rally. Beginner and Intermediate challenges were easy as pie, and finished them looooong time ago on first try, but I suck so much at Expert challenge, that I was not able to get even Bronze Medal on it. We'll see how it goes tomorrow.

• Like 1

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Deus Ex with the GMDX mod: This is very good and obviously a work of passion for the modder, requires a little setting up but the results are more than worth it. Such a relief to be back in a game where the subtle bigotry of low expectations is not forced upon you from the outset, no quest markers, no highlighting ladders and other such inanity, a game that expects one to experiment, learn and adapt, refreshing.

• Like 2

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

Deus Ex with the GMDX mod: This is very good and obviously a work of passion for the modder, requires a little setting up but the results are more than worth it. Such a relief to be back in a game where the subtle bigotry of low expectations is not forced upon you from the outset, no quest markers, no highlighting ladders and other such inanity, a game that expects one to experiment, learn and adapt, refreshing.

I'll have to keep this mod in mind when I get the game.

Such a relief to be back in a game where the subtle bigotry of low expectations is not forced upon you from the outset, no quest markers, no highlighting ladders and other such inanity, a game that expects one to experiment, learn and adapt, refreshing.

But... None of those things are forced upon you in either Human Revolution or Mankind Divided, they're entirely optional. (what is not optional is level design, sadly)

Anyway, never heard of GMDX mod, it does look rather great tho. Let's see whether I can force myself to get past the terrifying aiming controls the original had.

Edited by Fenixp
  • Like 1

Maybe it's just me, but I'm noticing a lot less vents/air ducts this time around in Deus Ex.  I went into the Palisades Bank for a side mission, and there were very few sneaky ways through the levels, other than doing the crouch behind a wall/potted plant thing.  Seemed like there should have been more stealth options.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Still early on in Champions of Krynn.  Ugh, I miss so many ease of life features that would come about 10 years or so down the road.  Having to constantly equip a new stack of arrows or darts is insanely tedious.  With arrows at least the stacks are 20 each, so it's not that crazy, but darts come in stacks of freakin' 4.  I wish the game would just auto-equip the next stack of identical ammo when you run out; 10 years later games would.  Also, have I mentioned before that I really hate low level D&D?  Miss, miss, miss, miss, hit, miss, miss, miss, miss, miss, hit, miss, miss, miss... you get the idea.

Despite all the complaints, I am having fun with the game, I just really miss ease of life advancements that the Gold Box games unfortunately predate.

As an aside, Sleep is an INSANELY powerful spell at low levels, especially since any helpless character is a 1-shot insta-kill with 100% hit chance regardless of its armor class or remaining hit points.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I have spent 2 more hours with Gran Turismo 5 today, and I was finaly able to get Gran Turismo Rally trophy as well. Golded all three events in this Special Event as well. 5 more trophies to go until platinum. Next one planned is Grand Tour. Last time I've tried it, I have failed miserably, not a single bronze medal achieved in the event :-( Will see how it goes this time.

More Tales of Graces f and more Tales of Hearts r. Basically the only games I have played this past week. Will hopefully pick up my new PC. Delivery was delayed by a few days.

How far are you in ToG f? Planning to go for Zhonecage as well?

As an aside, Sleep is an INSANELY powerful spell at low levels, especially since any helpless character is a 1-shot insta-kill with 100% hit chance regardless of its armor class or remaining hit points.

Yeah, Sleep is insanely powerful even in BG1. The majority of a hundred kobolds all with bows are thus rendered completely powerless with a single Sleep spell.

(e): Actually, what the heck - Sleep in BG1 is even more powerful than I thought. I use the Spell Revisions version of it, but it's honestly more powerful in vanilla BG1 than in Spell Revisions - a -3 penalty to the save, and 5 rounds per level!? That's ridiculous. Its only weakness is that it becomes mostly useless during the latter half of BG1 and totally useless in BG2 due to it not affecting creatures level 5 or higher. In Spell Revisions, it's limited to 5 rounds flat, does not penalize the save...but works on creatures of higher level. In theory, this makes it sorta usable for higher levels, but not really in practice. The vanilla version, though, is insanely powerful and pretty much uncounterable for the first half of BG1.

Edited by Bartimaeus
  • Like 1

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

In the Gold Box games any helpless character was always a 1-shot insta-kill, period.  This made any spell that paralyzed, stunned, or put anyone to sleep very powerful.  My copy of Secret of the Silver Blades had a bug (not sure if this bug was only on the Tandy version or all versions at the time) where all characters (friendly or enemy) always failed saving throws.  This made evil clerics the scariest enemies in the game (because Hold Person) and Hold Monster the most powerful spell in the game.  Encounter a group of Ancient Red Dragons? Cast Hold Monster > Paralyze 3 or 4 of them at a time > have your mage walk up to them bare handed and 1-shot kill them.  LOL

In later D & D games they changed it so that helpless characters weren't insta-killed, just auto-hit for maximum damage, which is still powerful but much more reasonable.  The idea of a mage walking up to a paralyzed ancient dragon, punching it in the paw, and it dropping over dead is pretty hilarious, though.

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Such a relief to be back in a game where the subtle bigotry of low expectations is not forced upon you from the outset, no quest markers, no highlighting ladders and other such inanity, a game that expects one to experiment, learn and adapt, refreshing.

But... None of those things are forced upon you in either Human Revolution or Mankind Divided, they're entirely optional. (what is not optional is level design, sadly)

Anyway, never heard of GMDX mod, it does look rather great tho. Let's see whether I can force myself to get past the terrifying aiming controls the original had.

I wouldn't know about the latest Deus Ex but in Human Revolution when I started playing all of these options were on, assuming that I am the kind of moron who does not know that one can climb up or down a ladder. Insulting to say the least and indicative of how the developers think of their audience.

Edit: Furthermore I believe such babying measures should be destroyed!

Edited by Nonek
  • Like 1

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

I have spent 2 more hours with Gran Turismo 5 today, and I was finaly able to get Gran Turismo Rally trophy as well. Golded all three events in this Special Event as well. 5 more trophies to go until platinum. Next one planned is Grand Tour. Last time I've tried it, I have failed miserably, not a single bronze medal achieved in the event :-( Will see how it goes this time.

More Tales of Graces f and more Tales of Hearts r. Basically the only games I have played this past week. Will hopefully pick up my new PC. Delivery was delayed by a few days.

I will go for it, but I'm probably not doing it immediately. I want to play Ni No Kuni and Yakuza 5 and then play NG+ in Graces.

• Like 1

I wouldn't know about the latest Deus Ex but in Human Revolution when I started playing all of these options were on, assuming that I am the kind of moron who does not know that one can climb up or down a ladder. Insulting to say the least and indicative of how the developers think of their audience.

Judging by your attitude maybe they're right in the way they perceive their audience.

I hate Unity.

Judging by your attitude maybe they're right in the way they perceive their audience.

Ooh handbags at dawn.

• Like 1

Tea for the teapot!

Insulting to say the least and indicative of how the developers think of their audience.

I uh... I'm not sure how to tell you this without offending you, but developers of Human Revolution seem to think that their audience is intelligent enough to choose which features do they wish to use. Look, I'm not lying here:

UsvCWkO.jpg

I'm playing with most of that stuff disabled (yes, including aiming reticule because you can aim down sights, but I hate inventory tetris so automatic inventory management is a must for me) and the only thing which the game still does is mark the objective on your map, which is a feature we've had for ages now and makes quite a lot of sense. Aside from users preferring more convenient measures, there's a wide array of people with various degrees of visual impairment for whom these modes can be quite helpful (there's no colorblind mode which sucks tho) or, say, people who have trouble with navigation for no fault of theirs. I don't know how about you, but I think giving users a choice is always a good thing. 

Well you can, just ... Just click the "off" button and they're obliterated in your game :-P You can even imagine an Ion Cannon shooting them from orbit or whatever, it's crazy!

Edited by Fenixp
  • Like 1

I will go for it, but I'm probably not doing it immediately. I want to play Ni No Kuni and Yakuza 5 and then play NG+ in Graces.

Definately need to boot up Ni No Kuni for NG+ myself as well. I am still crying that Yakuza 5 is digital download only :-(

• Like 1

The rooftops in Deus Ex: MD are dangerous, I fell down yesterday and died after finishing a side mission. :/

First thing I chose was this icarus landing thing. Had been super useful already in HR.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Indeed. But kinda off putting when there are people in the house, not giving a damn about you stealing their credits and stuff. "Oh this? Yeah, just go for it. No idea where that's coming from."

Edited by Lexx

Deus ex.

Doesn't have proper key rebinding so I can't assign my augs because my middle mouse button doesn't work. Can you shortcut an aug ? - That would work I guess, anyway the HUD item that looks just like a controller keypad is of no use to me and annoys me a great deal.

The sound mixing is a bit off, not different from Human revolution I guess but the guns all sound like they have a cold. That's what you want for the silenced weapons, not all of them.

Jensen is really annoying. 

Havent played enough to make any conclusions. 

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.