The US Election 2016, Part V

Pidesco

pathetic parody  vs unrepeatable original

1470731209146899114.png

What is the purpose of this image? What does it say

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

It says what he wrote above the image

Thanks 

Once again Hilary Clinton has to be criticized through some pathetic and childish way, seriously what male politician  faces this kind of mockery ?

Oby you Russians should be more concerned with fixing your broken economy....thats what should concern you  :yes:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Once again Hilary Clinton has to be criticized through some pathetic and childish way, seriously what male politician  faces this kind of mockery ?

Uh, the naked statue of Trump in Central Park? And you have to consider the source here.

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

Uh, the naked statue of Trump in Central Park? And you have to consider the source here.

Is it an accurate comparison if we 

• Have a naked statue of a man, Trump in this case but the statue is just him naked. Its an artist impression.....it means nothing
  • Juxtapose Hilary and Monica with some stupid caption. But Monica had an affair with the husband of Hilary and she was humiliated when it all came out....imagine how Hilary felt?

One insult is real and caused real life pain ....and one isn't. How can they be the same?

John Milton 

Once again Hilary Clinton has to be criticized through some pathetic and childish way, seriously what male politician faces this kind of mockery ?

• Have a naked statue of a man, Trump in this case but the statue is just him naked. Its an artist impression.....it means nothing
  • Juxtapose Hilary and Monica with some stupid caption. But Monica had an affair with the husband of Hilary and she was humiliated when it all came out....imagine how Hilary felt?
One insult is real and caused real life pain ....and one isn't. How can they be the same?

I didn't know body (tiny ****) shaming wouldn't cause real life pain...

• Like 1

Bruce, i don't know how to tell you this, but Hillary will never love you. Ever.

Edited by Meshugger
  • Like 1

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Bruce, i don't know how to tell you this, but Hillary will never love you. Ever.

But may be she'll send him a sexy picture of herself if he tries hard enough. Hilzilla was the enabler btw. Edited by Wrath of Dagon

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

I'm just excited to vote for universal healthcare in Colorado

Not sure what chance it has to pass but we legalized marijuana and I didn't see that passing

PS I hate voting on district attorney and judges. Unless there's a scandal or you run in those circles there is almost zero information available about them

Edited by ShadySands
  • Like 1

Free games updated 3/4/21

PS I hate voting on district attorney and judges. Unless there's a scandal or you run in those circles there is almost zero information available about them

Yeah, I had the same reaction when I moved to Maryland.  The general public is being asked to opine on who should fill positions like the Registrar of Wills?  How many ordinary citizens have an informed opinion of that position?  It usually ends up with the incumbent running un-opposed until retirement.  And the election of judges, in particular, comes with a host of ethical problems.  I grew up in NJ, which, despite it's many many other problems with government administration, generally has a more sane attitude of letting the top officials stand for election and filling the lesser roles (and judiciary) with appointees. 

• Like 1

Yeah, I had the same reaction when I moved to Maryland.  The general public is being asked to opine on who should fill positions like the Registrar of Wills?  How many ordinary citizens have an informed opinion of that position?  It usually ends up with the incumbent running un-opposed until retirement.  And the election of judges, in particular, comes with a host of ethical problems.  I grew up in NJ, which, despite it's many many other problems with government administration, generally has a more sane attitude of letting the top officials stand for election and filling the lesser roles (and judiciary) with appointees. 

Well, judges are not allowed to "debate" or discuss legal opinions or say anything that might get them in trouble with some case they might have to make a ruling on at some point. So you really can't ask them what they think of anything because the job requires them to have no opinions. It is an odd position for an elected official to be in. But it's not difficult at all to see their track record, see what kind of rulings they made or read any written opinions they have. Plus their education, association memberships are all things to consider. For example if you have a judge that is frequently giving out slaps on the wrist for serious offences or draconian punishments for minor offences that is someone the public would want to be rid of. Most states have sentencing guidelines to prevent this kind of thing but where I live the judges have a lot of discretion. 

Another advantage to having the mid-level bureaucracy, like county tax collector, etc, face the public is most appointed officials would not lose their job over things like corruption if there is no proof. But you CAN lose an election on unsubstantiated information like that. It tends to hold these folks to a higher standard I think. They tend to want to avoid even the appearance of impropriety.

Yeah it is tedious and too many voters, most in fact, won't pick up a newspaper or go on the web and learn a little about who they are voting for. But I'd rather ask them to do that than take the power out of their hands (and future voters hands) as a way of apologizing for laziness by making all these positions appointed.

Just my $.02 

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I believe our judges here in CO are appointed but have to face a retention vote after their first 2 years and then every 4-10 years (depending on which court) after or something like that. 

I dunno, maybe I just don't know where to look but I'm not finding a whole lot on these folks. 

At least the local paper has some stuff on the people running for DA

Free games updated 3/4/21

I believe our judges here in CO are appointed but have to face a retention vote after their first 2 years and then every 4-10 years (depending on which court) after or something like that. 

I dunno, maybe I just don't know where to look but I'm not finding a whole lot on these folks. 

At least the local paper has some stuff on the people running for DA

When it comes to the State Supreme Court it's easy because it is every bit as easy to find out what those justices are about as a US Supreme Court judge. If you like your Governor and want him picking a replacement vote not to retain. On the state and county court just read the paper and you can see what they are about. In my state judges are elected, not appointed. I remember in 2014 I was looking at two running for the same bench and both looked very qualified. One was a Vanderbilt alum, the other from Annapolis with 10 years in the Navy. I figured all else being equal I voted for the veteran.  Just google their names. There is something that will differentiate them in your mind. Prior employment, years of experience, professional association membership, etc. I believe your State Bar website keeps a short bio on all members.

Check this site out: https://ballotpedia.org/Main_Page

I found this on your SC judge facing retention: https://ballotpedia.org/William_W._Hood

Edited by Guard Dog
  • Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Another advantage to having the mid-level bureaucracy, like county tax collector, etc, face the public is most appointed officials would not lose their job over things like corruption if there is no proof. But you CAN lose an election on unsubstantiated information like that. It tends to hold these folks to a higher standard I think. They tend to want to avoid even the appearance of impropriety.

I disagree-- I think that cuts in precisely the opposite direction.  An official's boss is always going to have far better information about that official's performance than does the public at large.  If you're worried about corruption, you replace the guy at the top, not in the middle.

https://www.today.ng/news/world/172817/trump-backtracks-illegal-immigration

Trumps gone too far again ...it now looks like Trump wont be deporting the 11 million Latinos 

He also needs to immediately apologize to Hillary Clinton for calling her a bigot, this is the best thing to do considering his rudeness

http://time.com/4465543/donald-trump-hillary-clinton-bigot-mississippi-rally/

John Milton 

Trumps gone too far again ...it now looks like Trump wont be deporting the 11 million Latinos 

He also needs to immediately apologize to Hillary Clinton for calling her a bigot, this is the best thing to do considering his rudeness

:lol:

Thomas Sowell

GD there is always time to change the decorum and general vibe of any campaign, Trump would be seen in a positive light for apologizing....and it would be unexpected  

John Milton 

:lol: trust you to find this one video

But lets at least make the comparison fair. This barking incident was never intended to offend anyone ....it was even on CNN

John Milton 

+1 

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

"Is it an accurate comparison if we 

One insult is real and caused real life pain ....and one isn't. How can they be the same?"

I bet your attitude would change if statues of Hillary were put up. LMAO

"He also needs to immediately apologize to Hillary Clinton for calling her a bigot,"

Typical SJW Nazi. Wanting an apology for someone stating the obvious truth.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Eh Trump runs his mouth like a total **** so it's hard to bother treating him as human.

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Eh Trump runs his mouth like a total **** so it's hard to bother treating him as human.

I agree, volo expects people to treat Trump with manners and not be critical 

I think volo thinks Trump is just some normal well meaning politician but I dont mean to target volo but he reminds me of many of Trumps supporters. They have this almost incomprehensible view Trump is a good guy who treats people well and knows how to " fix " the USA ?

John Milton 

I agree, volo expects people to treat Trump with manners and not be critical 

I think volo thinks Trump is just some normal well meaning politician but I dont mean to target volo but he reminds me of many of Trumps supporters. They have this almost incomprehensible view Trump is a good guy who treats people well and knows how to " fix " the USA ?

Just like you expect them to not be critical of Clinton. She is every bit as nasty and uncivil as Trump.

Thomas Sowell