What You Did Today

Rosbjerg

Sat out on front step with my dog, took what I think is a very good photo of him. High point of today

DquXHSL.jpg

• Like 6

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Ocho Rios, Jamaica

Sandals something or other. I don't usually like Sandals because of their branding this place seemed okay.. and I was tired of looking. 

be sure to fill-out one o' those customer service surveys.  reason for choosing sandals: fatigue.  

well, enjoy a red stripe... or two.

no doubt shady is already a beautiful man, but...

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 4

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

I was mentioning to Shady that I need a holiday.

I started jogging a couple of weeks ago. And it took me two weeks to notice that the store clerk had boxed two different shoes. Shoes that I had been wearing for my runs for two weeks.

CoY-q2AWcAAIoiT.jpg

Yesterday I went out to grab takeaway dinner.

Came home went into the kitchen to grab a drink with it, and found the dinner waiting for me that I had planned to have but had forgotten.

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

I closed on the townhouse yesterday. I have all my tools loaded in the truck. As soon as the pups finish their breakfast and I finish this cup of coffee we're going to work.

• Like 4

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Actually the soles are exactly the same. It is only the top details that are different. Mostly why I didn't notice the difference.

But I am getting the other half of the pairs as well.

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

I closed on the townhouse yesterday. I have all my tools loaded in the truck. As soon as the pups finish their breakfast and I finish this cup of coffee we're going to work.

Sorry is this a townhouse you bought? Are you renovating to sell it and where is it located ?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

You looking to buy, Bruce? :)

No :)

I own a place, its like a townhouse but its called sectional title 

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

has a more dystopian sci-fi ring to it for sure.

Melk how are things in Greece and Athens specifically around the austerity

Do you guys know what debt Greece owes, does the government update the citizens ?

John Milton 

For my own sanity and freedom, I do not follow what those (enter here your choice of characterizations that would get me banned on more forums than Longknife could even dream of joining) of a government say. If I did, I'd buy one of those small drones. Buy a gun. Mount gun on drone. Figure out a way to compensate for recoil. Then go for a coffee near parliament and do a flyby shooting.

I doubt the police would actually catch me for the first kill. But since I wouldn't stop, they'd get me eventually.

• Like 1

Sorry is this a townhouse you bought? Are you renovating to sell it and where is it located ?

It's in a Memphis suburb called Bartlett. It's a decent working class neighborhood with good schools. This place needs a lot of work. I spent 13 hours there yesterday cutting up and hauling out the old carpet, padding, and tack strips. Then I scraped and cleaned the substrate floor. I was going to prep the walls for painting today but I was so sore when the alarm clock went off I just turned the damned thing off!

I am planning on selling it but the market is down right now so I may rent it for a year or two.

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I was going to prep the walls for painting today but I was so sore when the alarm clock went off I just turned the damned thing off!

Seriously, my lower back has formed a labor union of pain, broken-off talks with management, and is threatening to strike.

• Like 2

All Stop. On Screen.

I was going to prep the walls for painting today but I was so sore when the alarm clock went off I just turned the damned thing off!

Seriously, my lower back has formed a labor union of pain, broken-off talks with management, and is threatening to strike.

Hire scabs, I guess?

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

I am planning on selling it but the market is down right now so I may rent it for a year or two.

You probably already know this but a word to the wise Mr Dog, choose your tennants carefully! I've been renting out a three bedroom house for the last ten years or so and though making a decent profit...well the work i've had to put into repair after digging out certain tennants, it was expensive, time consuming and a little tiring mentally. I honestly wondered to myself how people could live like that, and why they'd want to?

It may seem intrusive and not something one wishes to partake in but you might wish to conduct regular inspections of your property.

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

You probably already know this but a word to the wise Mr Dog, choose your tennants carefully! I've been renting out a three bedroom house for the last ten years or so and though making a decent profit...well the work i've had to put into repair after digging out certain tennants, it was expensive, time consuming and a little tiring mentally. I honestly wondered to myself how people could live like that, and why they'd want to?

It may seem intrusive and not something one wishes to partake in but you might wish to conduct regular inspections of your property.

Way ahead of you. The realtor who handled the sale offered her services as a leasing agent. I'm inclined to take her up on it. They will do the screening, lease contract and enforcement for 1 year for a $1k flat fee. I'm going to shop around a bit but that sounds like the way to go.

• Like 1

Thomas Sowell

I know how you feel. I had forgotten how heavy rolled up carpet can be.

Thomas Sowell

I shopped around the internet for tile today. I'm going to put ceramic tile down stairs and laminate flooring on the stairs and 2nd floor bedrooms. I'll hire out the tile work because f--k that. The laminate is pretty easy so I'll do that myself.

Thomas Sowell

I shopped around the internet for tile today. I'm going to put ceramic tile down stairs and laminate flooring on the stairs and 2nd floor bedrooms. I'll hire out the tile work because f--k that. The laminate is pretty easy so I'll do that myself.

You're sounding like my dad...

He bought three rental properties and has always been a "Do it yourself" type. But within the past two years he's basically started hiring people because "I just realized I couldn't do it anymore".

• Like 1

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Not liking the idea of laminate on the stairs. Laminate can be slippery, a quality you do not want on stairs. Tiles on the stairs will be a bit more expensive, but potentially safer.

Edited by melkathi
  • Like 1

In the middle of transitioning to our new warehouse management system. So far its a disaster. The pickers are being directed everywhere except where the product should be picked from, orders take twice as long to close as they do to pick, we now have to weigh each individual carton instead of the order as a whole. Its a mess. Our sales numbers are down by almost half, customers are complaining, and we can't even receive most of our shipments because the main branch isn't online yet so we have to do some stupid hybrid of the new system and old system to receive. We have had a shipment on the floor for two weeks that we can't put away because we don't know how to enter it into the system.

Our boss keeps making promises to head office we all know we can't keep too. We have a backload of 10 shipments we need to receive, and he said it would be done by friday. Normally we can get between 1 to 1.5 shipments a day away, but the new system its more like half a shipmemt a day. So he is promising that we can get two weeks worth of work done in a week.

Edited by Oerwinde
The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Not liking the idea of laminate on the stairs. Laminate can be slippery, a quality you do not want on stairs. Tiles on the stairs will be a bit more expensive, but potentially safer.

Yeah I thought about that too. Change of plans anyway. Still going with ceramic tile downstairs but the stairs and bedroom are getting carpet. I found a place that will do the whole house both carpet and tile for $4.50 per square foot. I figure that is only $900 over my original budget for the floor and all I have to do is give them the keys. Avoiding the back soreness alone is probably worth the $900.

Thomas Sowell