What You Did Today

Rosbjerg

This is getting ridiculous. I think the dog is depressed at not seeing the cat around. He was acting lethargic and without an appetite earlier this week.

He has plenty of energy if he sees someone behind the house, but inside the house he's a lump lately. I had to put his food into my hand yesterday to get him to eat it.

Today he ate like normal, except for the part where he ran to me for pets and affirmation in the middle of it.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

if you have 2 animals and one dies, it's a good idea to have the other come in contact with the corpse so it can realize that it's friend is dead. animals have an easier time getting over a death than having to wonder where the other guy is

• Like 2

The words freedom and liberty, are diminishing the true meaning of the abstract concept they try to explain. The true nature of freedom is such, that the human mind is unable to comprehend it, so we make a cage and name it freedom in order to give a tangible meaning to what we dont understand, just as our ancestors made gods like Thor or Zeus to explain thunder.

-Teknoman2-

What? You thought it was a quote from some well known wise guy from the past?

Stupidity leads to willful ignorance - willful ignorance leads to hope - hope leads to sex - and that is how a new generation of fools is born!

We are hardcore role players... When we go to bed with a girl, we roll a D20 to see if we hit the target and a D6 to see how much penetration damage we did.

Modern democracy is: the sheep voting for which dog will be the shepherd's right hand.

Dogs being more intelligent take these things far harder than cats i've found, though obviously that's a generalisation.

• Like 1

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

I think I'll preempt some political posts that may just end up rearing their heads on this forum, where people have strong opinions and aren't afraid to voice them.

Anarchist groups in Greece have a thing about squatting. There are some by now "traditional" occupied buildings in the major cities. There is an old factory building Thessaloniki, that my generation can't even remember not being occupied.

This year, with the many many refugees, some of these squats were turned into shelters by the groups. Some of these specific squats were raided yesterday by riot police. They did not raid squats that were not housing refugees. They raided a squat where the owner was actually in talks with the group to legally / nominally "rent" them the space, as she was not opposed to its use as a shelter.

The old orphanage in my neighbourhood was raided and bulldozed down. The church had a building they had no interest in leveled. so that it could not be used for housing refugees.

So if you hear any outcry from left(ist) groups over what is happening here, it is not about the legality of squatting or the concept of ownership. The outcry is how the current (left?) government is systematically targeting charities and individuals who try to help refugees.

/end of your political public service message :)

Edited by melkathi
  • Like 3

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Just a minor update in case anyone cares about my stupid game forum drama: was banned from that game community for "circumventing a ban by using another reddit account." Permanent. Had to message a seperate mod rather than the general moderator inbox to get a response.

I don't even have another reddit account, and I find it super convenient that that's a ban reason where I can't exactly argue any context or anything. It's just something where it comes down to "he said, she said," where if a mod says "nope it's his second account" then I'm pretty much **** outta luck unless another mod actually does some digging.

The community in question btw? The Sims. :D Yes, I'm one of those dudes that stuck around instead of abandoning the franchise despite how mostly women play it these days (and lets not kid ourselves, it's mostly young teen girls and crazy cat ladies), though I didn't buy 4. Basically, I enjoy the Sims franchise as a whole, but Sims 4 obviously bombed and luckily I was smart enough to see it coming. Lots of people run around the general Sims subreddit and it's like a bipolar mix of "SIMS 4 WILL BE AMAZING JUST STOP CRITICIZING IT" and "This game is awful" followed by people pledging undying loyalty for EA again when they release something new.  Honestly, I'm moreso a participant of that community in hopes of Sims 5 and as a sort of guilty pleasure: LOVE following the Sims community. Following the community and reading posts...? That itself is my "game," because nowhere else on the internet can you find people getting hyped over virtual bird feeders (yes, really) or discussing Restaurant names in anticipation of an upcoming restaurant pack, and one GENIUS decides he's gonna open an Italian restaurant and name it "Noodles." (yes, that was an actual conversation) Would you eat at an Italian Restaurant named Noodles? I think not, but in the world of the Sims community, that's not remotely cringeworthy. And thus, I can spend hours browsing their communities and just reading the derpy **** people say. I love bad movies and love cringeworthy moments, and hot damn they bring on the cringe a lot. 10/10 would recommend.

The discussion that I thought I got banned for is here. Usually I observe more than post, but you can read my response to him right there and see why his comment set me off, cause it's the exact kind of delusion amongst game communities that leads to a drop in quality. The conversation itself stayed pretty calm, and the only people I acted rudely towards are the ones I accused of passive aggression, because they conveniently show up any time I critique the game and say nothing of worth. (yes, from a third-person perspective I probably just look like an ass, but trust me, I recognized those usernames and hell no I'm not gonna beat around the bush and pretend they don't have a beef with me when I could just tell them to screw off)

The other two communities that have banned me? One is EA's official forums back in Sims 3. TL;DR a disabled guy asked for disabled Sims for the next major title, the vast majority of users responded with disgusting crap like "I play Sims to be happy and escape from reality, why would I want depressing disabled sims in my game" or "yeah it sounds fun watching my sim take three hours just trying to sit down on the toilet." The majority of the community spoke of disabled people as though they were disgusting, boring abominations, me and one other girl flipped out and defended the guy that made that humble request, **** hit the fan in the conversation. APPARENTLY EA found it easier to ban the minority opinion, so all three of us got bans. I later found they house their bans in cookies and you can circumvent it by deleting browser history, did so, then spammed the **** out of their forums until I got perma'd. Technically, two of my bans are both from an EA community, which hell no I'm not ashamed of.

The last one is Bethesda, and that one has more to do with their warning strikes never expiring. Over the course of like 5 years and 12k posts or so, 4 were deemed to have crossed the line (only one for being too hostile, though that was still upsetting because it DID hit the point where I couldn't post without 1-2 users starting something, which led to that "flaming" strike) and voila, there was my ban. Didn't say the bans or the communities before cause wanted to see what you guys said without any knowledge that might cause bias.

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

Is your mom hot? It may explain why guys were following her ?

And now I can leave you guys alone about trivial crap :D

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

That itself is my "game," because nowhere else on the internet can you find people getting hyped over virtual bird feeders (yes, really) or discussing Restaurant names in anticipation of an upcoming restaurant pack, and one GENIUS decides he's gonna open an Italian restaurant and name it "Noodles." (yes, that was an actual conversation) Would you eat at an Italian Restaurant named Noodles?

The other two communities that have banned me? One is EA's official forums back in Sims 3. TL;DR a disabled guy asked for disabled Sims for the next major title, the vast majority of users responded with disgusting crap like "I play Sims to be happy and escape from reality, why would I want depressing disabled sims in my game" or "yeah it sounds fun watching my sim take three hours just trying to sit down on the toilet." The majority of the community spoke of disabled people as though they were disgusting, boring abominations, me and one other girl flipped out and defended the guy that made that humble request, **** hit the fan in the conversation. APPARENTLY EA found it easier to ban the minority opinion, so all three of us got bans. I later found they house their bans in cookies and you can circumvent it by deleting browser history, did so, then spammed the **** out of their forums until I got perma'd. Technically, two of my bans are both from an EA community, which hell no I'm not ashamed of.

The restaurant name was probably a nod to Robert DeNiro's character Noodles in Sergio Leone's "Once upon a time in America."

Good for you in airing a dissenting voice to the majority opinion Longknife, along with ageism and elitism I find that there's an acceptable prejudice against the disabled. One has national heroes such as Admiral Nelson and Douglas Bader who proved that they were anything but boring or incapable, indeed one just has to watch the Paralympics to see true grit and the very heart of the Olympic spirit. A little representation here is hardly outlandish or egregious, they spend development time in the Sims creating features that please only a minority so there is precedent for a little work on this. Then again I still believe it is the developers right to put what they wish in their games, it is not however wrong in any way to ask for representation.

Edited by Nonek

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

Just a minor update in case anyone cares about my stupid game forum drama: was banned from that game community for "circumventing a ban by using another reddit account." Permanent. Had to message a seperate mod rather than the general moderator inbox to get a response.

I don't even have another reddit account, and I find it super convenient that that's a ban reason where I can't exactly argue any context or anything. It's just something where it comes down to "he said, she said," where if a mod says "nope it's his second account" then I'm pretty much **** outta luck unless another mod actually does some digging.

The community in question btw? The Sims. :D Yes, I'm one of those dudes that stuck around instead of abandoning the franchise despite how mostly women play it these days (and lets not kid ourselves, it's mostly young teen girls and crazy cat ladies), though I didn't buy 4. Basically, I enjoy the Sims franchise as a whole, but Sims 4 obviously bombed and luckily I was smart enough to see it coming. Lots of people run around the general Sims subreddit and it's like a bipolar mix of "SIMS 4 WILL BE AMAZING JUST STOP CRITICIZING IT" and "This game is awful" followed by people pledging undying loyalty for EA again when they release something new. Honestly, I'm moreso a participant of that community in hopes of Sims 5 and as a sort of guilty pleasure: LOVE following the Sims community. Following the community and reading posts...? That itself is my "game," because nowhere else on the internet can you find people getting hyped over virtual bird feeders (yes, really) or discussing Restaurant names in anticipation of an upcoming restaurant pack, and one GENIUS decides he's gonna open an Italian restaurant and name it "Noodles." (yes, that was an actual conversation) Would you eat at an Italian Restaurant named Noodles? I think not, but in the world of the Sims community, that's not remotely cringeworthy. And thus, I can spend hours browsing their communities and just reading the derpy **** people say. I love bad movies and love cringeworthy moments, and hot damn they bring on the cringe a lot. 10/10 would recommend.

The discussion that I thought I got banned for is here. Usually I observe more than post, but you can read my response to him right there and see why his comment set me off, cause it's the exact kind of delusion amongst game communities that leads to a drop in quality. The conversation itself stayed pretty calm, and the only people I acted rudely towards are the ones I accused of passive aggression, because they conveniently show up any time I critique the game and say nothing of worth. (yes, from a third-person perspective I probably just look like an ass, but trust me, I recognized those usernames and hell no I'm not gonna beat around the bush and pretend they don't have a beef with me when I could just tell them to screw off)

The last one is Bethesda, and that one has more to do with their warning strikes never expiring. Over the course of like 5 years and 12k posts or so, 4 were deemed to have crossed the line (only one for being too hostile, though that was still upsetting because it DID hit the point where I couldn't post without 1-2 users starting something, which led to that "flaming" strike) and voila, there was my ban. Didn't say the bans or the communities before cause wanted to see what you guys said without any knowledge that might cause bias.

Ah, to be 12 again.

• Like 2

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Spent 20 mins on hold with health insurance company before giving up. That's a new record for me in phone hotline experiences.

Have'nt killed myself in traffic yet! :p

I've been working as usual and counting the days until the weekend, when I'm finally going to meet up with my friends. I've been doing basically nothing but studying for my tests for the past months, so it's about time now. :)

I've also finally been able to relax a bit now that the pressure is off, wich has allowed me to actually feel a bit under the weather. It might also be that on Wednesday I met up with some friends and went to the "international food market" in town. Ate some zebra burger and had a taste of kangaroo and camel aswell. Finished it off with some polish hunters stew. Might have picked up something there, but none of my friends (That ate from my food and vice versa) felt bad so it might just be imagination or too little sleep.

Going to go there tomorrow again if they're still around, thinking about trying some greek food or something else, spanish or french maybe. Was quite alot to choose from. :)

Good week! :D

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Went out to see a friend. Came back at 3am to hear an alarm bleeping. Gas leak. Yay.

I just blame the dog!

Hope everything was resolved safely.

Tea for the teapot!

Leaving for Vegas tomorrow for a little getaway.   :dancing:

I can imagine you have a long list of strip clubs you will be visiting ...you lucky fish  :dancing:

Edited by BruceVC

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I can't believe you are in your 40's.

You must believe it, its true

A sense of humour has no age limit  :yes:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Really? I work with a bunch of lecherous 50 year olds. Tiresome to hear how hot the coffee shop girl is. I mean it is true, but come on.

• Like 2

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Really? I work with a bunch of lecherous 50 year olds. Tiresome to hear how hot the coffee shop girl is. I mean it is true, but come on.

Also I can go into real societal and rationale reasons why going to a strip club has got nothing to do with age but the truth is I was joking with Hurlshot because he often states he has never been to a strip club....you know what he is like, he means well but he tends to think all people should follow his moral code of acceptable behavior 

So knowing this I made a comment which was exactly what he wouldn't do ....I thought it would be funny, I keep forgetting how my sense of humor is often misunderstood  :teehee:

John Milton 

Finally booked our Caribbean vacation

Jerk chicken and reggae this summer

Where are you going? If it's the Bahama's Atlantis on Grand Bahama is a must see.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell