What You Did Today

Rosbjerg

Yeah, i am trying to force myself to do that :)

It can be a little difficult to be totally honest with your intentions in regards to somebody when you know it might very well hurt and/or offend them...particularly when you're really trying not to do that, isn't it? Probably why people, including this person, generally prefer to send "mixed signals" instead of just always saying the truth outright. :)

Edited by Bartimaeus

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Ah, found my previous rant in the old thread :)

The mixed signals though, Barti, include her saying goodbye, then deciding to hang around for another hour to chat, get me to walk her to the taxi stand (instead of just grabbing one of those outside the dance place), and then not getting in the taxi :p

edit:

but I am just venting, somewhere she won't see.

Edited by melkathi

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

But...I mean, I don't really get how that's clearly "mixed signals". She hung out for a while - so what? Do friends not ever see each other off when they leave? Do friends not ever hang around to talk for a bit? To me, this all seems like pretty normal, spur-of-the-moment stuff that people, friends, whatever can do depending upon the situation and what's going on. I get your frustration, and I'm not trying to say it's like invalid or anything, but, I mean, I gotta chalk this one up to two people simply not being on the same page in regards to their relationship with one another. Gotta move on if it doesn't suit you, all there is to it, :)

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Yeah, I know what you mean. Had to have been there to understand why I interpret it as mixed signals. Some things like that are hard to describe in a forum post. But the only reason I am annoyed at the moment really is that I was working on that moving on thing, and then she has to go and get back in touch :p

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

You should tell her you'd like to talk, but you broke into your lady neighbor's to sniff her garments but she came home early and you've been hiding in her closet waiting for her to leave. If she doesn't leave you alone after that she's obviously obsessed and you should look out for her stalking you.

• Like 2

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Fishing at Table Rock Lake today. Beautiful!

post-10997-0-38289400-1472317006_thumb.jpeg

Edited by Guard Dog
  • Like 4

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I'm currently investigating a new job because I'm reeeally tired of my old one, I just cant stand sitting in an office anymore and kiss customer asses. 

We have a large steel mill here and they're always looking for personnel that do smelter and furnace work.

That is the guys in silver colored heat resistant suits working the smelter and blast furnaces, removing the slag while being in close proximity to the molten steel etc. 

I'd get a big fat paycheck because I'd get a hazard bonus, night shift bonus (I'd exclusively work at night), the job itself pays well and I could retire at 50 I think. 

Yes its hard work and its really hot but I'm very sure I'm fit and tough enough to handle that no problem. Also steel mills are really awesome. 

Edited by Woldan

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

You should tell her you'd like to talk, but you broke into your lady neighbor's to sniff her garments but she came home early and you've been hiding in her closet waiting for her to leave. If she doesn't leave you alone after that she's obviously obsessed and you should look out for her stalking you.

As my friend says, nothing says good bye like a .45. Then another said .357 and then things went off rails.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

If I recall it ended up with us discussing the best way to murder someone until we realized we were in public and people were giving us looks.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

People will give you looks regardless of what you discuss.

People were giving me looks when I said that I know it is excessive, but it is so much more fun to first shoot the wings off a fly with a hunting rifle, before finishing it off.

I'm currently investigating a new job because I'm reeeally tired of my old one, I just cant stand sitting in an office anymore and kiss customer asses. 

We have a large steel mill here and they're always looking for personnel that do smelter and furnace work.

That is the guys in silver colored heat resistant suits working the smelter and blast furnaces, removing the slag while being in close proximity to the molten steel etc. 

I'd get a big fat paycheck because I'd get a hazard bonus, night shift bonus (I'd exclusively work at night), the job itself pays well and I could retire at 50 I think. 

Yes its hard work and its really hot but I'm very sure I'm fit and tough enough to handle that no problem. Also steel mills are really awesome. 

A hammer driver is quite a good job, I worked a few months at Firth Rixsons doing this, requires quite a bit of manual dexterity but i'm sure you'll have that because of youth and fitness. Scale is quite a hazard and accidents do happen that are sometimes incapacitating, however as you say the pay was even then very good.

Edit: Are you sure the industry won't head East as most manual work has done? Oh while I remember, I cramped because of loss of liquids quite regularly, took salt tablets and drank little regularly. I at first worked like a Dervish and then collapsed when taking a big drink of chilled water, tea hit the spot for me when i'd learned better.

Edited by Nonek

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

i went to a wedding yesterday. like every other social event it was a boring chore, same as i felt about the funeral i went to a few months ago. if i were to rate the range of human emotion in a scale from 1 to 10 with 1 being hate/sadness, 5 indifference and 10 love/joy, i'd say i'm constantly at 5 with rare moments of 4 or 6 when something convenient or inconvenient happens. so i can't really comprehend the emotional state that makes these events important

Edited by teknoman2

The words freedom and liberty, are diminishing the true meaning of the abstract concept they try to explain. The true nature of freedom is such, that the human mind is unable to comprehend it, so we make a cage and name it freedom in order to give a tangible meaning to what we dont understand, just as our ancestors made gods like Thor or Zeus to explain thunder.

-Teknoman2-

What? You thought it was a quote from some well known wise guy from the past?

Stupidity leads to willful ignorance - willful ignorance leads to hope - hope leads to sex - and that is how a new generation of fools is born!

We are hardcore role players... When we go to bed with a girl, we roll a D20 to see if we hit the target and a D6 to see how much penetration damage we did.

Modern democracy is: the sheep voting for which dog will be the shepherd's right hand.

Congrats Labadal.

I spent the weekend fishing in Arkansas. I was planning on visiting my brother but it seems he had better things to do. We had a good time, caught a few fish, swam in the lake, and all that good stuff. 

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

If I recall it ended up with us discussing the best way to murder someone until we realized we were in public and people were giving us looks.

"Well, if I was gonna kill you, I wouldn't do a dumb thing like hitting you on the head. First of all, I don't like the fingerprint angle. Of course, I could always wear gloves. Press your hands against the pipe after you were dead and make you look like a suicide. Except it don't seem hardly likely that you'd beat yourself to death with a club. I'd murder you so it didn't look like murder." - Herbie Hawkins, Shadow of a Doubt

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Came home to a four-year Bosa contract and Pillars of Eternity: Lords of the Eastern Reach Deluxe Edition boxed copy signed by everyone from Kaz to JES to FU. No Polina signature ... thinking of returning it. 

No I'm kidding. The game box and content are exceptional. Couldn't be more pleased. 

• Like 4

All Stop. On Screen.

Dance school. We tango(ed). The girl I'd every now and then catch staring at me across the dance floor. OK, she probably could catch me looking at her as well :p

American or Argentine? I'm found of the latter but don't particularly like the former.

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

Friend's response to her kid complaining has me in stitches : "Who told you you were put on earth to be happy?"

Almost as good as "I buried my brothers and father when I was 19. You can handle a rude boss".

Slowly starting on the process of handing over stuff to colleagues. Still an awful lot to do in my last two weeks here though. I handed in my resignation last week, going to work a few more weeks and taking some time off to drive around and see places in England before doing my own "brexit".

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Fishing at Table Rock Lake today. Beautiful!

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

as an aside, our favorite fishing song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQC2_NJj2iA

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)