mass shooting in orlando

Gromnir

Well, that clears up the ISIS link, in that there isn't one and the fealty is entirely self declared. A true Caliphate follower would surely pledge to 'Caliph Ibrahim', not some 'Abu Bakr Al-Baghdadi' bloke...

Pretty moronic redacting the transcript in the first place though. It's not like anyone with two brain cells couldn't guess instantly what the redactions were, and that they'd get unredacted real quick.

Guy who reported Omar to the FBI is a Muslim

Omar and I continued to have infrequent conversations over the next few years. I last saw him at a dinner at his father’s house in January. We talked about the presidential election and debated our views of the candidates that were running – he liked Hillary Clinton and I liked Bernie Sanders.

It all makes sense now.

1466286194367.jpg

• Like 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Why would you read comments in the first place?

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Comments are like when you clean a bathroom, accidentally peek underneath the bath tub, and instantly regret it, let alone even try to clean that mess below up.

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

Guy who reported Omar to the FBI is a Muslim

Omar and I continued to have infrequent conversations over the next few years. I last saw him at a dinner at his father’s house in January. We talked about the presidential election and debated our views of the candidates that were running – he liked Hillary Clinton and I liked Bernie Sanders.

It all makes sense now.

1466286194367.jpg

I always feel sorry for guys like the guy in the interview. They are often considered heretics and the first to die by the more extreme ones, i so consider it quite brave to for him to give out his name for the press.

That being said, i wonder if FBI has Bernie Sanders as a tag in their threat-matrix on their profiling database?

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

So how did the government refer to David Koresh and Jim Jones?  Radical Christians?

Does it matter? It was the government who went full on ISIS on them :p 

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Pretty sure that the government, officially, did not refer to them as cults.

I've only skimmed a few of the FBI's "open records" papers on the subjects (as a result of this topic), but Jim Jones was referred to as "Jim Jones" leader of the "People's Temple of the Disciples of Christ" or just "People's Temple".  David Koresh is referred to as the "leader of a religious sect, the Branch Davidian Seventh Day Adventists". 

Edited by Amentep

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

You're right, they were commonly referred to as cults, but the government prefers terms like "non-traditional religion" https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-tege/eotopicf79.pdf

However, if a religious group advocates for the murder of the non-believers and others, it is properly termed "radical".

Edited by Wrath of Dagon

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

I like that. It is based on the delusion I guess that all religions are just  about peace yet pretty much every religious texts are full of violence. I mean the Biblical God used a flood to mass murder (innocent) men, women, and children. LMAO

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

If they really want to keep legal guns out of hands of dangerous people, they need to forget all these vague-criteria lists and pass a law that the government can go to court and prove by preponderance of evidence someone is a risk for violence and get a court order that he not be allowed to buy guns. That would at least arguably be due process and might be ruled Constitutional.

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

If they really want to keep legal guns out of hands of dangerous people, they need to forget all these vague-criteria lists and pass a law that the government can go to court and prove by preponderance of evidence someone is a risk for violence and get a court order that he not be allowed to buy guns. That would at least arguably be due process and might be ruled Constitutional.

The NRA would never let that get through.  They don't even let the CDC do research on anything related to gun violence.

How does the NRA prevent the CDC from accessing public records?

Politicians they have on a leash

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Democrats seem to have decided to play quite heavy political game for upcoming election.

They invoke fear that no flight lists, fear mongering how nobody can know if there is terrorist among refugees, Muslims etc..

They proclaim idea that they are preventing these terrorists getting their hands on weapons at least not in any legal way.

They use also distrust towards government, lobbyist, and big corporations to build up their argument

They also heavily really on fact that GOP senators and members of congress will block any gun control bill that they propose. 

This all will create narrative that GOP senators and members of congress will not prevent terrorists buying legally guns and put american people in jeopardy, because they get millions of dollars from big gun manufactures.

The NRA would never let that get through.  They don't even let the CDC do research on anything related to gun violence.

NRA said they're for keeping guns from possible terrorists, what that means in practice I don't know. I do know that all the Democrat proposals involve complete violations of due process. So now Dems are against the fifth amendment, is there any provision in the bill of rights the Dems are still in favor of?

Also notice how CDC stands for "disease control" not "gun control". Of course they're doing such a bang-up job of the former may be they decided to do the latter instead.

I may be thinking of a different organization but CDC = Centers for Disease Control? What is their correlation to gun violence?

Exactly.