mass shooting in orlando

Gromnir

An open panel discussing these three questions would be a start.

Have you stopped beating your girlfriend?

lol

Stupid question but I dont get this joke?

It's fun because it goes both ways. Numbersman illustrates that my pontification is an accusation where there is no possible answer to refute the question(s), while on the same hand it is very permissable to beat your wife in islamic countries. 

Okay that is quite funny  :lol:

But we cant say that is true for all Muslims so we just need to not say things that will offend them 

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Anyways, lets just skip the part of theology (different paths to salvation) and incompatible in-group/out-group moral standards (just look at the balkans), but i also think that it is important to highlight the current situation in muslim countries trying to be secular:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJMv_XPmvfQ

Here we have some guys listening to Radiohead in their own shop during Ramadan and are attacked for it. Why? because they are at fault in the eyes of the mob for tempting them in the time of fasting. My point is that you are importing another set of moral shaming than that found normal western society. Have fun.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

There is a world of difference between the general crime that any given nation on earth experiences and violent attacks perpetrated by people who are foreign to a given nation who fundamentally believe they are at war with said nation or it's people (via culture, ideology, religion, etc). If you cannot see that difference, your brain is broken.

Yeah... I'm not sold on the idea that being killed by a religious fanatic for religious reasons is inherently worse or more dangerous than being killed by a criminal in the course of an armed robbery, or by a former FBI nutcase.

Could be that my brain is broken, but I really, really don't see how exactly a jihadi crackpot is more "at war" with society than any of the 30-50 serial killers from Raithe's post. I am more or less immune to marketing and advertising, so that may be a part of it. The point would hold water if we were talking about organized groups seeking to overthrow the current government and replace it with a caliphate, but this is in the context of lone wolf attacks, not IS gaining a foothold on US soil.

Edited by 213374U
  • Like 1

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Your response was predictable (hence me typing the bolded above, more than once, yet to no avail as ignorance reigns in your head) and is as relevant as if I quoted some crime statistics for predominantly Muslim nation X, and laid the blame upon Muslims. The fact that 70% of the U.S. population is definitely not made up of devout Christians aside. As well as the fact that the murder rate within the U.S. is not uniform across the ethnic group board or religious group board aside.

You're attempting to obfuscate evil with other evil (and oft lesser at that). There is a world of difference between the general crime that any given nation on earth experiences and violent attacks perpetrated by people who are foreign to a given nation who fundamentally believe they are at war with said nation or it's people (via culture, ideology, religion, etc). If you cannot see that difference, your brain is broken.

Your complete inability to identify sarcasm somehow fails to surprise me.

So I can assume that every ridiculous ignorant post you make is sarcasm then here forward? As your posts generally are combative, vitriolic, ignorant of facts at hand, as well as fairly prolific, and even somewhat consistent in the former qualities if inconsistent in their ideological content. This would lead one to believe that you are sincere in your posts, especially given the vehemence you often display.

So are you just a prolific troll then? For your sarcrasm wasn't obvious (those who know me in the face to face world would find it amusing that I'm accused of not recognizing sarcasm).

Always remember tone, inflection, facial expression, etc are missing in the world of black and white text. An emoticon wink, or some other such hint is generally advised when one wishes to convey humor, tongue in cheek, sarcasm, etc when one is discussing serious issues. Else one runs high risk they will be misinterpreted.

Also, trolls suck fermented dung beetle excrement, and that is the most wholesome of their activities. I have more respect for the truly ignorant zombie morons out there. I sincerely hope you are not a mere troll, for your sake more than anyone's. Such a life is hopelessly shallow and sad.

lol

It's fun because it goes both ways. Numbersman illustrates that my pontification is an accusation where there is no possible answer to refute the question(s), while on the same hand it is very permissable to beat your wife in islamic countries. 

But we cant say that is true for all Muslims so we just need to not say things that will offend them 

No.

They have to change their ways in our countries in order to fit in. If not, then there's the door back. 

- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

But anyway trust me on this one, there is no positive side to the likes of ISIS   :)

Well, sure there isn't. They're fundamentalists who blow people up. Doesn't mean the wild flailing in the vein of "omg it's the fault of Islam! if only they could be good Christians instead, suddenly all of our problems would be solved!" isn't ridiculously wrong-headed.

Come on, everyone knows it's a Hibernian scheme to cuck the protestants with druidic magic. Why else would a random selection of politicians and media personalities all be Irish? Every Saint Patrick's Day they poison alcohol with druidic alchemy that causes these individuals to go on rampages. WAKE UP SHEEPLE!

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

lol

No.

They have to change their ways in our countries in order to fit in. If not, then there's the door back. 

Oh dear,

But what if they don't want to leave?

lol

No.

Oh dear,

Offer incentive for returning (financial, logistical) and working with current regimes in stabilizing the region (like accepting that the overthrowing of Saddam and Gadaffi were terrible mistakes and start supporting Assad as the least evil option). 

If they still don't want to leave then sadly there will be conflicts on some degree or the other. 

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

lol

No.

Yes you could make that point within reason, they need to understand the culture they moving to

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

lol

No.

Oh dear,

Offer incentive for returning (financial, logistical) and working with current regimes in stabilizing the region (like accepting that the overthrowing of Saddam and Gadaffi were terrible mistakes and start supporting Assad as the least evil option). 

If they still don't want to leave then sadly there will be conflicts on some degree or the other. 

You're a relatively astute person, so this is probably somewhat rhetorical:

Did it ever occur to you that overthrowing Saddam and Qaddafi were not terrible mistakes? That perhaps the folks who orchestrated these things knew exactly what they were doing?

The outcomes were indeed predicted by many, even as early as the 90s. So at least in some quarters there was no surprise at what happened. If we are to take the position that these things were terrible mistakes, what are we doing allowing those who made them to continue holding the strings of power?

And if we take the position that they were not mistakes....

As your posts generally are combative, vitriolic, ignorant of facts at hand, as well as fairly prolific

The irony on display here is just as delicious as it is staggering.

Alas.

/shoo troll

• Like 1

I think a large part of the immigration issue could be solved by making social programs only available to citizens.

• Like 2
The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Did it ever occur to you that overthrowing Saddam and Qaddafi were not terrible mistakes? That perhaps the folks who orchestrated these things knew exactly what they were doing?

The outcomes were indeed predicted by many, even as early as the 90s. So at least in some quarters there was no surprise at what happened. If we are to take the position that these things were terrible mistakes, what are we doing allowing those who made them to continue holding the strings of power?

Then /pol/ is right and we are in for terrible times ahead. I do not wish for that to happen.

• Like 1

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

I think a large part of the immigration issue could be solved by making social programs only available to citizens.

Ok then, all social programs are only available to citizens. So now you have a reserve army of cheap labor willing to take money under the table for smaller amounts than citizens would and the seeds for a ghetto of lumpens participating in organized crime. So in a few years more citizens are unemployed/underemployed and organized crime is starting to prop up.

How do you get them to leave? Ask them nicely to go back to a ****hole where they won't make as much as they would in Europe? Move production over there and cause even more job losses at home? Tell businesses to stop hiring cheap labor and take a hit on profits? Tell citizens to pretty please stop buying their drugs or ****ing the prostitutes? Or forcibly remove them and give rise for yet another terrorist organization to attack Europe?

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Then /pol/ is right and we are in for terrible times ahead. I do not wish for that to happen.

Meshugger please realize Vals  believes in certain strange theories that  most people have accepted are not true

Now I just caution you because Vals means well but if you start believing him you will actually feel worse end of the day

John Milton 

I know we go over this stuff with alarming regularity, but the amount of intolerance that gets thrown around here is depressing. How does that solve any of these issues?

And you can have a tolerant society that still expects newcomers to follow the letter of the law and make steps to embrace the culture they are joining. They are not mutually exclusive, quite the opposite. Lead by example.

• Like 1

Reddit and 4chan are places I do not frequent (I'm not sure which one you're referring to). But I would agree that terrible times are ahead. I also do not wish for them to happen. However, us wishing thus is akin to us wishing the tides to not happen. Rubicons have been crossed. We are past points of no return at this point, and have been for quite some time methinks. The calm before the storm is passed, and the waves are beginning to get choppy these last few years. The worst part methinks is that the longer the flames take to ignite the worse the explosion is going to be.

I'm curious if you have any particular essays/articles/authors you would reference/recommend on /pol/. If not, no worries.

I know we go over this stuff with alarming regularity, but the amount of intolerance that gets thrown around here is depressing. How does that solve any of these issues?

And you can have a tolerant society that still expects newcomers to follow the letter of the law and make steps to embrace the culture they are joining. They are not mutually exclusive, quite the opposite. Lead by example.

Such a society is doomed when it tolerates and embraces those that won't tolerate them.

'Tolerance' is not always a goody goody gumdrop thing. It's become a destructive Orwellian buzzword such as 'progress', 'new', 'change', etc.  Some things should not be tolerated. Just as some progress is down a bad path, some change is for the worse, and 'new' isn't always better than what it replaced.

Edited by Valsuelm
  • Like 2

So sayeth one of the most intolerant and whiny people on these forums.

Volo !!!!

Stop antagonizing Hurlshot....you know how you get on his nerves 

But sometimes you really funny because your comments somehow are always done at the worst but effective time  :biggrin:

John Milton