Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Beat Here Comes the Flood, Can't Continue

Best Answer Longshot11 , 29 May 2016 - 04:23 PM

In the first game, I closed no locations, and the game ended by magga eating the last card from the board.
In the second game, I encountered the last card myself to trigger the end.

Not sure if this helps anyone or not

I believe Faranim nailed it. I'd recommend if someone is still stuck on HCtF - try to manipulate the game, so it is your character who encounters the last location deck card in the game, as opposed to letting Black Magga eat it.

Go to the full post »

• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

Yury1975

Yury1975

(2) Evoker

• Members
  • 74 posts

There is definitively a bug in that you *always* get a screen saying "Victory", even if you lose or forfeit. That false victory also always rewards you 100 gold. But you don't get the allies collected. Winning on a second try I didn't get the allies either, but I did get to advance.

About strategy: Somewhat counter-intuitively the key to strategy in this scenario is to *not* close locations. That way Black Magga ends up going to open locations with no cards left; also with 4 characters there are 3 locations which need you to banish a card to close, and as you don't need closed locations to win, you can save those cards. If you have the Village House location, try to do that one early, because the "recharge to gain ally" ability is a winner.

There is not always the victory. I lost it yesterday, relieved clear message that Magga ate more allies than I saved and have' recieve do any money.

Hannibal_PJV

Hannibal_PJV

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2313 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
Interesting... I did it my first time today and did win and did get all those allies and Also did get to the next scenario. So there has to be something different in these cases. Because it sometimes seems to work and sometimes don't. I will try next with harder difficulty levels, if that makes any difference.
But normal difficulty, iPad air2.
Lini, Seelah, Sajan, Seon, no problems during whole adventure Path 3. Except only basic blessing when missing one blessing after one scenario.
Next heroic run and let see what happens... Then legendary... That may be rough, but Lets see.
  • LAntorcha likes this

Yury1975

Yury1975

(2) Evoker

• Members
  • 74 posts
It also works fine for me. I have acquired 7 of 12 allies and received winning cutscene, all rewards and access to new scenario.

Atrus

Atrus

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 16 posts

I just ran Heroic HCtF with two chars (Val and Lini), got 8 allies and despite that it doesn't show that I won, can't start Legendary

Longshot11

Longshot11

(7) Enchanter

• Members
  • 814 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

About strategy: Somewhat counter-intuitively the key to strategy in this scenario is to *not* close locations. That way Black Magga ends up going to open locations with no cards left;

Has no one had the Magga go to a closed location? Because the way the scenario power is worded, closed locations should be a valid pick for the Magga power (it's "random location", not "random open location")

Hannibal_PJV

Hannibal_PJV

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2313 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
Ok. Now update.
Heroic difficulty, iPad Air2
Lini, Sajan, Seelah, Seon.

I was able to reproduce the not getting reward not getting advancement bug.
First I tried to reproduce the stuck in general store bug.
I tried to close it and the screen went blank and only going vault caused small Remedy that allowed to use forfeit scenario button.
https://www.dropbox.....22.00.png?dl=0
It was wictory newer the less. The wictory screen was Also blank and there was not ally reward. It was Also not possible to go legendary level, even though the scenario was marked as done.
https://www.dropbox.....26.42.png?dl=0
I replayed the scenario and did not try to close any locations and I did get rewards this time as well as an advance to the legendary mode.
https://www.dropbox.....48.34.png?dl=0
The next problem was with the last scenario where scenario power is that if you defeat villain every character gets D4 damage. That was ok, but heroic difficulty modifier caused me to bury a card if I get blessing or item or similar. That bury a card caused the scenario power to have D4 damage to activate so It was really painfull to go trough! I managed but avoided to get any items or blessings.
https://www.dropbox.....32.49.png?dl=0

Now questions, did anyone else try to close general store before getting stuck in Here comes the Flood scenario? Maybe these problems Are related? Did anyone try to close any other location? If not, then these two bugs Are not related and we have to keep on trying out why this happens, what trickers it...
But at this moment the only difference that I did was that I did try to close the general store, in my second, and not succesfull run.

Edited by Hannibal_PJV, 29 May 2016 - 06:11 AM.

Yury1975

Yury1975

(2) Evoker

• Members
  • 74 posts
When I won Here Comes the Flood, I haven't closed any locations.
  • LAntorcha likes this

Rhygar

Rhygar

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 265 posts

The next problem was with the last scenario where scenario power is that if you defeat villain every character gets D4 damage. That was ok, but heroic difficulty modifier caused me to bury a card if I get blessing or item or similar. That bury a card caused the scenario power to have D4 damage to activate so It was really painfull to go trough! I managed but avoided to get any items or blessings in my second, and not succesfull run.

I'd posted this in my bug report here

Edited by Rhygar, 29 May 2016 - 06:21 AM.

Feywood

Feywood

(2) Evoker

• Members
  • 83 posts

About strategy: Somewhat counter-intuitively the key to strategy in this scenario is to *not* close locations. That way Black Magga ends up going to open locations with no cards left;

Has no one had the Magga go to a closed location? Because the way the scenario power is worded, closed locations should be a valid pick for the Magga power (it's "random location", not "random open location")

I can confirm that Black Magga is a Lovecraftian horror who has no time for the laughable human(oid) notion of "closed locations". Even if you close a location, she can still randomly go there (and fail) to eat.

• LAntorcha likes this

Longshot11

Longshot11

(7) Enchanter

• Members
  • 814 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

I can confirm that Black Magga is a Lovecraftian horror who has no time for the laughable human(oid) notion of "closed locations". Even if you close a location, she can still randomly go there (and fail) to eat.

Nice to know *something* works as intended, but considering that -apparently, by the accounts in all the HCtF threads- closing a location during this scenario prevents you from advancing - not very helpful in the greater scheme of things...

Feywood

Feywood

(2) Evoker

• Members
  • 83 posts

Nice to know *something* works as intended, but considering that -apparently, by the accounts in all the HCtF threads- closing a location during this scenario prevents you from advancing - not very helpful in the greater scheme of things...

The first time I ever closed a location in HCtF was actually just now, when I was testing to see if doing so actually made a difference to Black Magga.

The very first time I ran through the scenario it worked fine, and unlocked Battle at the Dam as it should, but the next couple of times I ran through HCtF and won on heroic, it failed to unlock legendary mode.

I couldn't unlock legendary mode until I won the scenario with a 6-person party, although as usual with this game, I wouldn't necessarily count on that being a universal solution.

Hannibal_PJV

Hannibal_PJV

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2313 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
I did unlock legendary with four, so the size does not matter... not in this case at least...
Hmmm... This is more complex than I though. Have to replay more if there is a pattern to be found, but location closing on its own seems to be a bad idea in anyway in this scenario...

Lord_StarfoX

Lord_StarfoX

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 13 posts
I finally advanced by actually completing the closing conditions for all but the final location, where I simply emptied the deck. I did acquire more than half the allies.

Wyntr

Wyntr

(0) Nub

• Initiates
  • 4 posts
I just defeated her with getting 10 of 18 allies. I had all locations closed. There were 2 cards left at the general store from the closing effect. Magga ate those and the scenario ended. It said I won but I could not advance to the next one.

elcoderdude

elcoderdude

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 128 posts

I've never closed a location in Here Comes The Flood. I don't see the point.

I've won with two parties and neither can advance.

Lord_StarfoX

Lord_StarfoX

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 13 posts

I just defeated her with getting 10 of 18 allies. I had all locations closed. There were 2 cards left at the general store from the closing effect. Magga ate those and the scenario ended. It said I won but I could not advance to the next one.

Lord_StarfoX

Lord_StarfoX

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 13 posts
There are 24 allies, so you need to at least acquire 13 allies to advance, or prevent Magga from eating at most 12 of them by encountering and failing to acquire allies.

Longshot11

Longshot11

(7) Enchanter

• Members
  • 814 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

I've never closed a location in Here Comes The Flood. I don't see the point.

It makes some sense in order to move away freely from Treacherous Cave / Dam; to get bonus items in the General Store; to banish undesirable cards in Store / Ferry; and generally, to protect the character from horde barriers.

LAntorcha

LAntorcha

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 48 posts

laughable human(oids)

... that spend futile time and money playing in digital devices.

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Edited by LAntorcha, 29 May 2016 - 09:46 AM.

Faranim

Faranim

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 47 posts
Same issue as for me.

2 player team (Lem + Valeros).
10 allies total
I rescued 7
Got 100 gold, victory message, got to keep all of the allies, character screens shows the scenario as completed.
But could not do scenario 3-4 or redo 3-3 on medium difficulty.

I replayed it again same team
Rescued 7 allies again
Screen said victory, but didn't get 100 gold, and also didn't get to keep any of the allies after the mission.
But now it lets me do scenario 3-4 and 3-3 on medium.

In the first game, I closed no locations, and the game ended by magga eating the last card from the board.
In the second game, I encountered the last card myself to trigger the end.

Not sure if this helps anyone or not
  • Longshot11 likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users