US Election 2016, part II

Meshugger

Trump is unlikable as well, so it's not much of a factor in this election.  

I'd disagree.

He's unlikeable too, for sure, but for example I see news stories today about how his campaign is basically broke and therefore he doesn't stand a chance. Forgive me if I'm wrong but wasn't he ALWAYS broke? Wasn't he ALWAYS considered a not-so-serious threat before he began winning the republican primary? The issue is this: Trump isn't well liked, but he still pulled enough of the republican vote to win. Meanwhile Hillary isn't well liked, and her campaign has openly antagonized the Bernie supporters on MULTIPLE occassion.

I'm gonna sound elitist again and say that on average, I do not expect Trump supporters to be the most educated on the election. (harsh words but hell yeah it's how I feel) As such, I don't think it's very easy to upset them because they aren't actually paying attention. As such, the voterbase that Trump does have is basically in the bag. Hillary...? Evidence of a fradulent election continues to stack, and I personally don't know any Bernie supporter that will vote for her; every Bernie supporter I know plans to write his name in anyways or just not vote at all.

In short, I expect record-low voter turnout, but while I can visualize Republicans reluctantly casting a vote for Trump (I'm sure there's Republicans out there that dislike him but dislike Hillary far more) or some voters being absolutely impervious to any and all slander (warranted or otherwise), Hillary has actively cut her voting pool in half while sharing the same unpopularity as Trump. The Republicans can expect low voter turnout proportional to what the Democrats will have, but overall it's the democratic side that seems to have more reason for voter turnout to be record-low since it's basically low morale after already factoring in that half are outright refusing support. That's not to say Trump has this in the bag, but I would be very, VERY reluctant to claim Hillary's got it in the bag or that her unlikeable factor doesn't matter at all; it hurts her more than Trump's hurts him, in my humble opinion.

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

Is your mom hot? It may explain why guys were following her ?

Oh dear, he tore a whole new one with this speech (and reaching out to Sanders, once again): 

Scott Adams, the creator of Dilbert give the speech the following rating: "Game over. Now running unopposed".

https://twitter.com/ScottAdamsSays/status/745638319644520448?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw 

...now back to some Football!

Edited by Meshugger

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I feel like making that song country music isn't doing the message any favors...

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

Is your mom hot? It may explain why guys were following her ?

Trump's #'s have taken a nosedive once Clinton clinched the Democratic nomination. 

:yes:

ClZwv--WYAAIEf-.jpg

Johnson polling at 7.0% and Stein at 4.4%.

Betting markets currently giving Clinton 75% and Trump 19% chance at winning.

Irish lines are giving Clinton 1:3 odds and Trump  5:2.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

I watched Team Libertarian on CNN tonight. They did OK. They didn't make the most of the opportunity by any means but they didn't embarrass themselves either. I think they went into this with a strategy in mind but would have been better served just "being themselves".

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I watched Team Libertarian on CNN tonight. They did OK. They didn't make the most of the opportunity by any means but they didn't embarrass themselves either. I think they went into this with a strategy in mind but would have been better served just "being themselves".

Gary, is not the answer. Nor is the Libertarian party, which was hijacked years ago by the same folks who own the Republican and Democratic parties. There's oodles of evidence of this if you've followed the party over the years, but most recently Weld as the VP pick (despite the outcry of a great many folks in the party itself) should tell you all you need to know.

If you don't like Trump (who is more of an outsider than Gary, and possibly even more libertarian at the end of the day) or Clinton, I suggest voting for Mickey! Or.... don't vote at all. Or, go ahead and vote Gary, which will essentially yield the same results (if he won) as voting Rubio, Cruz, Clinton, or any of the other establishment stooges.

Edited by Valsuelm

No one expect voting for Johnson will result in him becoming President. The hope is more votes this time than last. In 2008 the Bob Barr got 600k votes. In 2012 Gary Johnson got 1.3M votes. Maybe we can double that again. The idea here is to grow the movement, grow the brand. 

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

No one expect voting for Johnson will result in him becoming President. The hope is more votes this time than last. In 2008 the Bob Barr got 600k votes. In 2012 Gary Johnson got 1.3M votes. Maybe we can double that again. The idea here is to grow the movement, grow the brand. 

You can give up on that. The right will never get another chance at power if Hillary is elected. It will be leftism 'till the end of the nation. If Trump loses, all conservatism in the US loses with him forever.

• Like 2

"Good thing I don't heal my characters or they'd be really hurt." Is not something I should ever be thinking.

I use blue text when I'm being sarcastic.

I see it as a vote on direction:

Clinton: A direction to more globalism with more movement of people from non-european countries into the US and a shrinking middle class. Directionless but at the same time very aggressive foreign policy, especially in the middle east. Government and Supreme Court candidates will be filled with nepotism, called in favours and a lot of scandals. Expect a lot of aides and advisors suffering from sudden suicidicis, headless coughing decease and acute spontaneous combustion. Americans will start questioning what an american is, race relations will become much worse and crime will be on a steady rise.

Basically the direction of becoming Brazil and the intelligentia will think that it is a good thing.

Trump: A direction to more civic nationalism with restriction on trade and movement of people, the wall is built, at least 11 million criminals will have to move out and the middle class will be saved. New foreign policy with an alliance with Russia and letting NATO funding itself more. The middle east is stabilized. All trade deals are renegotiated into the favour of the US and the standard of living will rise across the board. Expect very conservative Supreme Court appointees but at the same time a complete turnaround and universal healthcare implemented as one of many surprises. The Americans will believe in themselves again, become more relaxed and start accepting that failures in the human conditions are a natural part of life and thus cultivating a culture where we can laugh about our vices (fat people, ugly people, race and women) again. The mars space program will start, the US will be the coolest place on earth and everyone envious will secretly wish to be an American.

Basically the direction of the US becoming great again and no one will hear or care what the intelligentia thinks because all the rest are too busy being awesome.

Johsson: Space Elevator, cool guns, lasers. Cooking your own chrystal meth in your own garage powered by the local neighbourhood nuclear power plant that you and your buddies came to together to build. Unlimited coffeine, cigarettes are dirt cheap and you can smoke them anywhere, anytime. Your body is cybernetically enhanced to live to at least 150 and the world is your playground to discover.

Basically the direction of becoming the modern wild west 2.0 and the intelligentia will be shot because they accidently trespassed on your property in their righteous furor.

Edited by Meshugger
  • Like 1

- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Johsson: Space Elevator, cool guns, lasers. Cooking your own chrystal meth in your own garage powered by the local neighbourhood nuclear power plant that you and your buddies came to together to build. Unlimited coffeine, cigarettes are dirt cheap and you can smoke them anywhere, anytime. Your body is cybernetically enhanced to live to at least 150 and the world is your playground to discover.

Basically the direction of becoming the modern wild west 2.0 and the intelligentia will be shot because they accidently trespassed on your property in their righteous furor.

Sign me up! :lol:

Thomas Sowell

I also watched the 2 guys and I thought they made some cogent points, they seem to come across as very sincere ?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I also watched the 2 guys and I thought they made some cogent points, they seem to come across as very sincere ?

Oh yeah, they were sincere but it's pretty plain they were making a pitch for the Hillary/Bernie voters. When Bill Weld starting expounding on the "Good Government" of regulation and social programs those were very un-libertarian answers. And contrary to things they have said in the past and Chris Cuomo called them on it. I think the cause would have been better served but giving straight forward and simple answers based on the notion of limited government does not mean some things will disappear or that the Federal government is the only one that does anything. That is the absolutist argument of both Clinton and Trump and they did not do enough to refute it IMO. That was the lost opportunity,

Thomas Sowell

Clinton: A direction to more globalism with more movement of people from non-european countries into the US and a shrinking middle class. Directionless but at the same time very aggressive foreign policy, especially in the middle east. Government and Supreme Court candidates will be filled with nepotism, called in favours and a lot of scandals. Expect a lot of aides and advisors suffering from sudden suicidicis, headless coughing decease and acute spontaneous combustion. Americans will start questioning what an american is, race relations will become much worse and crime will be on a steady rise.

Basically the direction of becoming Brazil and the intelligentia will think that it is a good thing.

Trump: A direction to more civic nationalism with restriction on trade and movement of people, the wall is built, at least 11 million criminals will have to move out and the middle class will be saved. New foreign policy with an alliance with Russia and letting NATO funding itself more. The middle east is stabilized. All trade deals are renegotiated into the favour of the US and the standard of living will rise across the board. Expect very conservative Supreme Court appointees but at the same time a complete turnaround and universal healthcare implemented as one of many surprises. The Americans will believe in themselves again, become more relaxed and start accepting that failures in the human conditions are a natural part of life and thus cultivating a culture where we can laugh about our vices (fat people, ugly people, race and women) again. The mars space program will start, the US will be the coolest place on earth and everyone envious will secretly wish to be an American.

Basically the direction of the US becoming great again and no one will hear or care what the intelligentia thinks because all the rest are too busy being awesome.

Your Trump scenario is a bit too rosy, but the Clinton one is dead on.

Edit: A rare victory for the rule of law, no thanks to the liberals of course: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/06/23/supreme-court-blocks-obama-immigration-plan.html?intcmp=hpbt1

Good thing Garland wasn't confirmed to the court, once again showing if we lose this election, we lose everything.

Edited by Wrath of Dagon
  • Like 2

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

I'm not sure when it became normal for insinuations that major American political figures were in the practice of having folks murdered to go unchallenged, but it is rather disquieting to me.  The whole Foster thing has been pretty thoroughly debunked, yet it lives on (and grows, I suppose) the minds of folks who want desperately to believe anything and everything unpleasant about politicians who they don't like. 

That said, I'm the weirdo around here in that I hear the word "establishment" and think "actual somewhat-reasonable adults" rather than "the source of everything unpleasant in America."  (Sure, some of them are self-interested jerks, but not really in greater proportions than the rest of the population.)

Edited by Enoch
  • Like 1

I'm not sure when it became normal for insinuations that major American political figures were in the practice of having folks murdered to go unchallenged, but it is rather disquieting to me.  The whole Foster thing has been pretty thoroughly debunked, yet it lives on (and grows, I suppose) the minds of folks who want desperately to believe anything and everything unpleasant about politicians who they don't like. 

That said, I'm the weirdo around here in that I hear the word "establishment" and think "actual somewhat-reasonable adults" rather than "the source of everything unpleasant in America."  (Sure, some of them are self-interested jerks, but not really in greater proportions than the rest of the population.)

You know the irony of all that is there were deaths back in Arkansas that were a lot more suspicious than that one with much better evidence of foul play and cover up. But for some reason this is the one that gets remembered.

That is not to suggest anyone named Clinton had anything to do with any of them but it does beg the question when the Arkansas State Police determine the AG (one William Jefferson Clinton) former mistress Suzanne Coleman committed suicide by shooting herself in the back of the head with a rifle.

Thomas Sowell

Edit: A rare victory for the rule of law, no thanks to the liberals of course: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/06/23/supreme-court-blocks-obama-immigration-plan.html?intcmp=hpbt1

Good thing Garland wasn't confirmed to the court, once again showing if we lose this election, we lose everything.

I can't help being rosy about Trump as the guy is to politics as Rodney Dangerfiend was to the golf club in Caddyshack, even if he bases his positions on standard paleo-conservatism.

Edited by Meshugger
  • Like 1

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

http://www.wnd.com/2004/09/26786/#!

Not saying it's true, but it's true.

OK, this was the hardest one of all to swallow.

I can't help being rosy about Trump as the guy is to politics as Rodney Dangerfiend was to the golf club in Caddyshack, even if he bases his positions on standard paleo-conservatism.

Great. You have just ruined this whole election for me! Next time Hillary walks on stage I'm going to think "Hey whitey, where's your hat?"

• Like 1

Thomas Sowell

Thanks, Obama! Donald!

5d461557-93d3-4975-9088-bfecef68b4a9-lar

Rick Tyler is a buffoon. Opposed to interracial marriage, really Tyler? He's no classical liberal, that's for sure. That means he's not committed to restoring America to it's founding principles. So, why would any serious conservative vote for him when he has no regard for America's core values? Obviously he's not trying to court leftists, so what's his angle?

"Good thing I don't heal my characters or they'd be really hurt." Is not something I should ever be thinking.

I use blue text when I'm being sarcastic.