US Election 2016, part II

Meshugger

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/conventional-wisdom-was-firing-his-campaign-manager-a-turning-point-for-trump/

Guys here is an interesting link that a forum member sent me through PM , not sure if  this has been posted before 

That article should get it's facts straight.

"Good thing I don't heal my characters or they'd be really hurt." Is not something I should ever be thinking.

I use blue text when I'm being sarcastic.

Hillary's gonna go for a male, likely hispanic, pick for VP. The Dems don't want Sanders people in office, even for a ceremonial position like VP. If any Sanders supporters are voting for Hillary they're doing it regardless of VP pick and those that won't aren't going to be swayed by a consolation prize.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Everything I'm reading makes it sound like Elizabeth Warren is going to be Hillary's choice for VP. I think that would be a terrible idea. First of all she is a Senator from Massachusetts, a state Hillary will win no matter what. So no help there. Second she is Hillary's mirror image. She would be better served by using this pick to throw a bone to the Bernie Sanders populist crowd. Not Sanders himself, that would be a terrible idea. Someone like Jeff Merkley (Senator from Oregon) or Tulsi Gabbard (US Rep HI AND an Army Vet) would be solid choices. 

Just my $.02

A Gabbard VP pick would give me warm fuzzies but it wouldn't be enough to sway me to vote for Clinton at this point... even though I would totally lie and tell the Dems it would

I don't think Warren has much of a shot either because she didn't jump on the Clinton train right out of the gate and has said some unflattering things in the past 

Free games updated 3/4/21

President Hollande thinks that Trump presidency would be dangerous: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/wires/reuters/article-3666661/Frances-Hollande-says-Trump-election-dangerous.html

Nigel Farage thinks that a Hillary presidency should not be happening: 

Just a small insight on what goes on in the corridors of the political power.

• Like 1

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Thing is... they are BOTH right!

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Apparently Newt f-----g Gingrich and Chris Christie are the leading candidates for Trump's VP pick. Christie would be an OK if unimaginative choice. But Gingrich? Seriously? That guy has more public dirty laundry than... well I guess any Republican not currently serving time. And he is slightly less likable than Trump himself if that is even possible. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/gingrich-christie-are-the-leading-candidates-to-be-trumps-running-mate/2016/06/30/98fa3ecc-3eef-11e6-84e8-1580c7db5275_story.html

• Like 2

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

How the world outside of forums.obsidian.net views the U.S.A.

GA_2016.06.29_balanceofpower-1-12.png

U.S.-leader-confidence-WEB-version.png

American-positive-characteristics-WEB-ve

Poland thinks Americans are tolerant. The Japanese think we're lazy. Americans are full of themselves.

Confidence-in-Leaders-and-Candidates-%E2

Someone should tell Oby that Putin is more popular than the Donald. Except in Poland.

More interesting stuff here:

http://www.pewglobal.org/2016/06/29/as-obama-years-draw-to-close-president-and-u-s-seen-favorably-in-europe-and-asia/

• Like 2

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

The world is on crack. The US is one of the most tolerant countries in the world hence the fact that it is one of the most mixed ra melting pots in the world. The reason this pooll is a joke is it takes into maccount  a country like China which isd what?  A huge majorty of Chinese/Asian. And, Germany is a country that is most known   for   murdering millions of people. Then we have my precious country and  our treatment of  our Indian/'Native' population. LMAO

And, Clinton? the fact the trusts her shows how delusional they are. OLbama I can understand because his public persona has been whitewashed 9lol) but Clinton? COME ON.

Edited by Volourn

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Here's their methodology if you want to try to poke holes.

http://www.pewglobal.org/2016/06/29/methodology-26/

http://www.pewglobal.org/international-survey-methodology/?year_select=2016

FiveThirtyEight grades the Pew Research Center as a B+ pollster.

• Like 1

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

Apparently Newt f-----g Gingrich and Chris Christie are the leading candidates for Trump's VP pick. Christie would be an OK if unimaginative choice. But Gingrich? Seriously? That guy has more public dirty laundry than... well I guess any Republican not currently serving time. And he is slightly less likable than Trump himself if that is even possible. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/gingrich-christie-are-the-leading-candidates-to-be-trumps-running-mate/2016/06/30/98fa3ecc-3eef-11e6-84e8-1580c7db5275_story.html

Less likable than Trump?

Is that possible?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

As for Leferd's post, I say the Greeks can just go straight to hell!  :lol:

But in all seriousness, 99% of Americans do not lay awake at night wondering what the world thinks of us. 

Thomas Sowell

As for Leferd's post, I say the Greeks can just go straight to hell!  :lol:

But in all seriousness, 99% of Americans do not lay awake at night wondering what the world thinks of us. 

I can completely understand a degree of annoyance about people in other countries ostensibly getting involved in the affairs of the USA because they have concerns over events in the USA ..when they should be more concerned with the state of there own country

But thats a reality of the importance of the USA, the sustainability and stability of the USA  is inextricably link to the sustainability and stability of the Western world and certain  global dynamics like the financial market 

So people outside the USA will always have a vested interest in the USA ...and sometimes this is meant to be positive and constructive and sometimes its negative where people want the USA to fail

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Poland thinks Americans are tolerant. The Japanese think we're lazy. Americans are full of themselves.

Someone should tell Oby that Putin is more popular than the Donald. Except in Poland.

http://www.pewglobal.org/2016/06/29/as-obama-years-draw-to-close-president-and-u-s-seen-favorably-in-europe-and-asia/

The World: Here's what we think about your leaders and what policies you should enforce....

The US: Blow it out your ass *puts on sunglasses*

• Like 4

- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

More DNC/ Hillary leaks from Guccifer 2.0. Scroll down to bottom (well, about 2/3 down, with current number of comments) for actual leak stuff.

Oh boy, that will sure take a while to get through and to connect some new dots.

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

Less likable than Trump?

Is that possible?

With Newt, yes.

• Like 1

"Good thing I don't heal my characters or they'd be really hurt." Is not something I should ever be thinking.

How does anyone have any confidence in Clinton? She has never not made a mistake. 

Everything she does and wants is wrong all the time. It's almost comical.

Edited by Namutree

How does anyone have any confidence in Clinton. She has never not made a mistake. 

Everything she does and wants is wrong all the time. It's almost comical.

I have absolute confidence in her as she offers a future for the USA that is ideologically aligned with a more tolerant and equitable society and she supports the eponymous " Obama Legacy " 

I can understand valid criticism of aspects of the Obama legacy but end of the day the various  outcomes and changes of the Obama  legacy , like the gay marriage bill, are more positive and constructive than bad

I believe Hilary Clinton has the best overall interests of the USA at heart and so do most Americans and I'm hoping we can move on beyond this  whole " Clinton wants to destroy the USA and she cant possibly win the election " after she does indeed win the election in November

You Americans are fortunate to have such  a wide range of competent potential leaders  

Edited by BruceVC

John Milton 

You Americans are fortunate to have such  a wide range of competent potential leaders  

Great! Now I have coffee all over my monitor! That would be funny if only you were joking. Hillary Clinton does not want to destroy the US. I don't think she thinks she could. Hillary Clinton is only interested in the glorification of Hillary Clinton. If she happens to help a few people along the way that;s great. If she happens to ruin a few people along the way then f--k them. And yes she can certainly win this election (God help us all) .

Oh and by the way there was not gay marriage bill. The Supreme Court found that there was ALWAYS a right to gay marriage as an "equal protection" issue. Or more accurately the court found that prohibiting it was actually prohibited. And by the way, Barack Obama was OPPOSED to it before the SCOTUS took it up: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/barackobama/3375059/Barack-Obama-marriage-is-between-a-man-and-a-woman.html.

Thomas Sowell

Great! Now I have coffee all over my monitor! That would be funny if only you were joking. Hillary Clinton does not want to destroy the US. I don't think she thinks she could. Hillary Clinton is only interested in the glorification of Hillary Clinton. If she happens to help a few people along the way that;s great. If she happens to ruin a few people along the way then f--k them. And yes she can certainly win this election (God help us all) .

Oh and by the way there was not gay marriage bill. The Supreme Court found that there was ALWAYS a right to gay marriage as an "equal protection" issue. Or more accurately the court found that prohibiting it was actually prohibited. And by the way, Barack Obama was OPPOSED to it before the SCOTUS took it up: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/barackobama/3375059/Barack-Obama-marriage-is-between-a-man-and-a-woman.html.

Yes Obama did have reservations about  gay marriage but he changed his mind and so did his administration, we allow people and politicians to acknowledge mistakes GD. We believe people can reflect on past opinions and then change what they said dont we? :)

http://edition.cnn.com/2015/03/06/politics/obama-nationwide-same-sex-marriage/index.html

John Milton 

Hercules thinks that Jesus would vote for Trump

http://imgur.com/gallery/HYYF0X2

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

Those European confidence numbers actually show a pretty alarming drop for Clinton.  Obama is at 77 percent, which is huge.  Clinton, as his chosen successor, should be able to capitalize on that, but she drops by 16%.  If we compare this to TV shows, Obama is Seinfeld and Clinton is The New Christine.   :aiee:  

The opinion of anyone who has high confidence in Merkel is obviously worthless.

Edit: Austrian election annulled because of fraud: http://www.breitbart.com/london/2016/07/01/presidential-vote-annulled-anti-mass-migration-candidate-gets-second-chance-postal-vote-fraud/

Could never happen here despite of massive fraud in almost every election.

Edited by Wrath of Dagon

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan