US Election 2016, part II

Meshugger

Guess there is something to the pompous Euro stereotype.

Can't wait to see what kind of rigged electoral reform they come up with here.

Edited by Malcador
  • Like 2

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

"a few good points + a lot of snark"

Yeah, yeah the electoral college system sucks. It's the worst system in the world except for all the others. It isn't going to change. That is just reality. 

Rostere, on 09 Jun 2016 - 12:07 PM, said:

I do hope so. But for a person with such paranoid distrust for the government, it seems strange that you put such strong trust in the voting process, which is the first thing anyone would want to manipulate in a democracy.

That is because the Federal Government has nothing to do with elections. They are entirely run by the respective states. As for the other things you brought up, some states have cut the number of polling places and made up for it by implementing early voting. That is now commonplace in all 50 states. And it works well. The problem is too many folks don't trouble themselves to read the rules, locations, ballot samples and the plethora of other information that is available on line and is mailed to every registered voter weeks before the elections start. Then they show up to the wrong place, don't bring an ID or other mistakes on their part and the political parties, especially the goddamned Democrats who are always looking for an opportunity to agitate, or the media gets a hold of it and makes a mountain from a molehill because that is exactly the kind of story they want to print.

Yes there are problems. There have been states like Illinois that have not updated their equipment in years. That is their problem. And there will be the odd malfunction and polling place mishap but those are very, very, few and usually blown out of proportion.

Edited by Guard Dog
  • Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

1465603622111.png

She's going to lose the meme war.

• Like 2

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

1465603622111.png

Trump supporters make memes that are too dank to be beaten.

"Good thing I don't heal my characters or they'd be really hurt." Is not something I should ever be thinking.

I use blue text when I'm being sarcastic.

1465603622111.png

Trump supporters make memes that are too dank to be beaten.
You need supporters from the chans to have good memes, Shillary is gonna pop out reddit-tier ****.

I mean come on

1465604416527.png

Get outta here with that weak ass ****.

1465605358240.jpg

Edited by KaineParker
  • Like 3

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

That last picture, dear lord xD

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

This is the type of criticism I dont understand....why is a photo with Hilary and and another women holding doughnuts considered funny or strange?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

This is the type of criticism I dont understand....why is a photo with Hilary and and another women holding doughnuts considered funny or strange?

Sigh. Look at the donuts and think of the female reproductive system.

Okay thanks for explaining, I still dont see any humor in the photo but we all have different things that amuse us

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Bruce I'd be very interested to hear your opinion of the video Shady linked in #529.

Okay I hadn't read it and started now but I see it makes some serious accusations against Hilary, I need time to go through it properly but I will respond 

So... I'm curious to hear your opinion.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Okay thanks for explaining, I still dont see any humor in the photo but we all have different things that amuse us

Do you actually hang out with other men? Like childhood friends? Just curious.

- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

No I dont ? Why do you think that matters...what would I gain 

John Milton 

That explains a lot.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

I agree, it's not funny.

I mean it doesn't make any sense. We all know Bill hasn't touched her in decades so that donut is hardly an accurate representation of an untouched woman.

• Like 2

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

Is your mom hot? It may explain why guys were following her ?

That explains a lot.

I dunno. Most of my guy friends wouldn't laugh at that kind of humour.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Malebonding usually entails such humor, especially among good friends that you can confide in. When you phrase it as "something to gain", it sounds like you do not understand the concept to begin with.

Just to be really sure and there's no language-barrier. I am talking about the camaradiere from going out fishing/hunting on a weekend with your friends, drinking, talking about which female co-worker having the biggest boobs, who was the biggest **** in high-school, your and your friends earlier conquests, all those might've-beens or should've-hads, toilet humor and so on. 

Fascinating in itself that you aren't aware of it.

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

Bruce I'd be very interested to hear your opinion of the video Shady linked in #529.

Okay I hadn't read it and started now but I see it makes some serious accusations against Hilary, I need time to go through it properly but I will respond 

Okay I read the article and yes its concerning...the guy seems to be banker so what possible reason should he on that intelligence board?

So just to clarify somethings

• This intelligence committee he was on, what exactly is it called and what is its core purpose? This is very important 
  • How do people generally get asked to sit on these types of boards...in other words how would be selected and by who?

John Milton 

Malebonding usually entails such humor, especially among good friends that you can confide in. When you phrase it as "something to gain", it sounds like you do not understand the concept to begin with.

Just to be really sure and there's no language-barrier. I am talking about the camaradiere from going out fishing/hunting on a weekend with your friends, drinking, talking about which female co-worker having the biggest boobs, who was the biggest **** in high-school, your and your friends earlier conquests, all those might've-beens or should've-hads, toilet humor and so on. 

You raise an interesting point .....no I didnt do any of those things you mentioned. I always had male friends but I was raised in a matriarch society and when I left school all my groups of friends had men and women in the groups so I had no interest in "malebonding " ? 

But talking about female co-workers boobs size would be very inappropriate...but when I am at home with my friends I will  comment about women who I find attractive but I think I do it in a way that doesn't objectify them

John Milton 

Okay I read the article and yes its concerning...the guy seems to be banker so what possible reason should he on that intelligence board?

So just to clarify somethings

• This intelligence committee he was on, what exactly is it called and what is its core purpose? This is very important 
  • How do people generally get asked to sit on these types of boards...in other words how would be selected and by who?

I'll make this nice and simple. He bought a favor from her. Because that is how she is. Bill is not better. Their influence is for sale and he bought it. 

Thomas Sowell

"Malebonding"?

Yeah, leave it to you to elevate lad culture to a sort of essential element of manhood. Nothing especially manly about kicking back with a beer in hand and trading lame **** jokes. I quit "malebonding" in my mid-20s because, frankly, it's boring as ****.

• Like 1

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

You raise an interesting point .....no I didnt do any of those things you mentioned. I always had male friends but I was raised in a matriarch society and when I left school all my groups of friends had men and women in the groups so I had no interest in "malebonding " ? 

But talking about female co-workers boobs size would be very inappropriate...but when I am at home with my friends I will  comment about women who I find attractive but I think I do it in a way that doesn't objectify them

Interesting, I have no further questions. But it explains a lot, i have taken a lot for granted.

"Malebonding"?

Yeah, leave it to you to elevate lad culture to a sort of essential element of manhood. Nothing especially manly about kicking back with a beer in hand and trading lame **** jokes. I quit "malebonding" in my mid-20s because, frankly, it's boring as ****.

I'm not sure if you understand my point, because i do not think that someone would stop seeing their childhood friends/best friends just because it was boring. The talk about boobs, ****, and toilet humor was to signify the level of trust built upon each other on a base level that you only find in long term male friendship. Talking about political platitudes, types of grapes in wine and golf can be done on any dinner with acquaintances or business customers. 

Perhaps it is the other way around in the mediterrenean countries?

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

The Libertarians are kicking into high-gear:

• Like 3

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy