US Election 2016, part II

Meshugger

13532922_521358228072404_428551331929587

Pardon me for not really paying attention (its not really my business,) but these two clowns surely aren't your only options are they?

No. click the link in my sig to learn more.

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

“There is evidence to support a conclusion that any reasonable person in Secretary Clinton’s position… should have known that an unclassified system was no place for that information,” Comey continued.

How is what Petraeus had done any worse than this?

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

What Guard Dog means to say is, yes, yes they effectively are. :p To vote elsewise is really just to try to legitimize third party candidates a little more for future elections...it will (almost absolutely guaranteed) have no effect for this one.

• Like 1

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Remember folks, all people are equal, but some are more equal than others: FBI edition.

Kidding aside, when you have the head of the FBI saying that this kind of behaviour is unacceptable for security and administrative personel and should be penalized but then doing a 180 and not recommending indictment shows that there's some serious politickin' going on behind the curtain.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

From my own experience in working for the Federal Government what she did would not likely result in criminal prosecution. But the employee would be fired, have all security clearances permanently revoked, and be barred from ever working for the Government again in any capacity.

But I guess that doesn't apply to Democrats running for President. Only to Republicans and working stiffs.  

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

This happened in the White Water case too, the prosecutors had the indictment against Hilzilla drawn up, but decided she's too famous and admired for any jury to convict her, so never went ahead with the indictment.

Here's more on the legal issues: http://hotair.com/archives/2016/07/05/hmmm-fbi-director-to-meet-press-take-off-camera-questions-at-11/

"On Twitter, there’s been a lot of “the FBI didn’t find a malicious intent” pushback against criticism, but that statute expressly doesn’t require malicious intent for prosecution. It expressly states that “gross negligence” meets the standard for criminal prosecution, and Comey spent most of the presser making the case for gross negligence.

And once again, if Comey thinks that this multiple-server e-mail scheme doesn’t rise to the level of prosecution, why is the DoJ prosecuting Kristian Saucier, a sailor who took a few cell-phone photos of his submarine for his own personal mementoes?"

Edited by Wrath of Dagon

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

Remember folks, all people are equal, but some are more equal than others: FBI edition.

Kidding aside, when you have the head of the FBI saying that this kind of behaviour is unacceptable for security and administrative personel and should be penalized but then doing a 180 and not recommending indictment shows that there's some serious politickin' going on behind the curtain.

Do you know what an indictment is? It's a formal government charge of felony CRIMINAL misconduct. In a federal case, law enforcement officials/prosecutors have to provide enough evidence for a grand jury to reasonably suspect that the subject of the investigation may have committed the specific crime he/she is to be charged with under the specific statute.

In this case, the FBI doesn't believe there is even enough evidence to present to a grand jury.

What Clinton did was wrong. That's not in doubt. But under legal standards, FBI investigators have found that there is no criminal felony misconduct and that such cases are handled administratively.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

I hope Trump now apologizes for calling her a criminal ...it should be mandatory in these types of cases 

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Do you know what an indictment is? It's a formal government charge of felony CRIMINAL misconduct. In a federal case, law enforcement officials/prosecutors have to provide enough evidence for a grand jury to reasonably suspect that the subject of the investigation may have committed the specific crime he/she is to be charged with under the specific statute.

In this case, the FBI doesn't believe there is even enough evidence to present to a grand jury.

What Clinton did was wrong. That's not in doubt. But under legal standards, FBI investigators have found that there is no criminal felony misconduct and that such cases are handled administratively.

Yup, but the phrasing of the head of the FBI made it all too obvious that he didn't like it either and there might be more to this. I base this on my dealing with the shiftiest sales personel in my sector.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I hope Trump now apologizes for calling her a criminal ...it should be mandatory in these types of cases 

Yep. Not a criminal. Just "careless" and "grossly negligent". Just what you want in a President. :lol:

Thomas Sowell

Yep. Not a criminal. Just "careless" and "grossly negligent". Just what you want in a President. :lol:

"Grossly negligent" is the legal standard that would have supported indictment ("either intentionally or in a grossly negligent way").  Comey said that there wasn't enough evidence to support that.  (Or, more precisely, that a reasonable prosecutor wouldn't bring the charge.)  "Extremely careless" is as far as he went in describing her conduct. 

• Like 1

"Grossly negligent" is the legal standard that would have supported indictment ("either intentionally or in a grossly negligent way").  Comey said that there wasn't enough evidence to support that.  (Or, more precisely, that a reasonable prosecutor wouldn't bring the charge.)  "Extremely careless" is as far as he went in describing her conduct. 

I stand corrected. In truth I was always far more concerned about her intentionally destroying her server data. It smells like a cover up. Comey said straight out that was not the case so that is that. As far as mishandling classified material, as I posted earlier, unless it was done with the intention on stealing it or intentionally exposing to someone who should not have it, I never thought it merited criminal prosecution. But it should and would disqualify someone from working in a job that require a security clearance. Like being President for example.

Can you picture this, she gets elected, the director of the CIA comes over for a briefing and Vice President Kaine turns to her and says "I'm sorry Madam President but you'll have to leave the room" ! :lol:

Thomas Sowell

“For example, seven e-mail chains concerned matters that were classified at the top secret special access program at the time they were sent and received. Those chains involved Secretary Clinton both sending e-mails about those matters and receiving e-mails about those same matters.”

Given that, how anyone objective could reach the conclusion that Comey reached is mind-boggling.

“For example, seven e-mail chains concerned matters that were classified at the top secret special access program at the time they were sent and received. Those chains involved Secretary Clinton both sending e-mails about those matters and receiving e-mails about those same matters.”

Given that, how anyone objective could reach the conclusion that Comey reached is mind-boggling.

He explains it:

Although there is evidence of potential violations of the statutes regarding the handling of classified information, our judgment is that no reasonable prosecutor would bring such a case. Prosecutors necessarily weigh a number of factors before bringing charges. There are obvious considerations, like the strength of the evidence, especially regarding intent. Responsible decisions also consider the context of a person’s actions, and how similar situations have been handled in the past.

In looking back at our investigations into mishandling or removal of classified information, we cannot find a case that would support bringing criminal charges on these facts. All the cases prosecuted involved some combination of: clearly intentional and willful mishandling of classified information; or vast quantities of materials exposed in such a way as to support an inference of intentional misconduct; or indications of disloyalty to the United States; or efforts to obstruct justice. We do not see those things here.

To be clear, this is not to suggest that in similar circumstances, a person who engaged in this activity would face no consequences. To the contrary, those individuals are often subject to security or administrative sanctions. But that is not what we are deciding now.

• Like 1

How's setting up an insecure private server to send above top secret emails not an instance of intentional and willful mishandling of classified information?

"I hope Trump now apologizes for calling her a criminal ...it should be mandatory in these types of cases "

L0L I bet you feel the same way for all the men who are accused of rape when those cases are often dropped.

'Mandatory'. Just another word in a  SJW Nazi's slave vocab.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

"I hope Trump now apologizes for calling her a criminal ...it should be mandatory in these types of cases "

L0L I bet you feel the same way for all the men who are accused of rape when those cases are often dropped.

'Mandatory'. Just another word in a  SJW Nazi's slave vocab.

No I wouldnt  make it mandatory in your example as  there are  so few examples of that it would be unnecessary 

Volo this mandatory apology law cannot be used indiscriminately to support some weak social development.....it should only  be enforced in extreme cases like Trumpo

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

:lol: Remember that "thing" we were discussing a few pages ago Bruce? You're doing it again.

What would the penalty for refusing to apologize be anyway? I'd say death. After all, you can make him say it, but you could never be sure he means it!

• Like 2

Thomas Sowell

Well by the looks of it Mrs Clinton is grossly incompetent if nothing else, not sure who'd want such an individual for a head of state. If the old adage that loose lips sink ships holds true however, prepare for the greatest naval disaster of all time following her investiture.

• Like 2

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

Well we can say one thing for certain. In 9/2014 when she said this:

I did not email any classified material to anyone on my email. There is no classified material, so I am certainly well aware of the classification requirements, and did not send classified material.

She was lying. If that bothers anyone.

• Like 2

Thomas Sowell

Well we can say one thing for certain. In 9/2014 when she said this:

I did not email any classified material to anyone on my email. There is no classified material, so I am certainly well aware of the classification requirements, and did not send classified material.

She was lying. If that bothers anyone.

It doesn't seem to bother anyone that wasn't already bothered by her  :shrugz:

• Like 2

Free games updated 3/4/21

"No I wouldnt  make it mandatory in your example as  there are  so few examples of that it would be unnecessary "

Kiddin' right? IT happens ALL THE TIME.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.