US Election 2016, part II

Meshugger

Greens slam Stephen Colbert’s warning that third-party candidate would weaken Hillary Clinton

I'm inclined to agree with the Greens here. Gore lost on his own, weak candidate is weak

Greens didn't lose Gore the election and if Hillary loses because certain voters think she would make a poor president and said voters go Green instead it's on her for being a bad candidate.

I know most of you youngsters were still in diapers back then, but some historical perspective. Gore actually won the popular vote, and only lost Florida by 500 votes. Had Nader not been on the ballot, certainly Gore would've won Florida and the election. But definitely all the lefties should vote Green, Go whatever-her-name!
  • Like 2

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

Have we indicted Hillary yet

• Like 1

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

Is your mom hot? It may explain why guys were following her ?

Greens slam Stephen Colbert’s warning that third-party candidate would weaken Hillary Clinton

I'm inclined to agree with the Greens here. Gore lost on his own, weak candidate is weak

Greens didn't lose Gore the election and if Hillary loses because certain voters think she would make a poor president and said voters go Green instead it's on her for being a bad candidate.

I know most of you youngsters were still in diapers back then, but some historical perspective. Gore actually won the popular vote, and only lost Florida by 500 votes. Had Nader not been on the ballot, certainly Gore would've won Florida and the election. But definitely all the lefties should vote Green, Go whatever-her-name!

WoD any idea who will  you vote for now..Trump is toning down the Rhetoric 

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Not yet, the FBI party van will hopefully come soon though.

tyTc1Nl.jpg

Read it again. Slowly if you need to.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"I love cheese despite the pain and carnage." - ShadySands

That's a very basic way of looking at it and a weak argument. The Democrats had poor turnout and a hundreds of thousands of Florida Democrats picked Bush over him. He was a weak candidate and they are using Nader as an excuse even though every other (8ish) third party got more than enough votes to cover that difference beyond his own party not even showing up for him

It's just scapegoating. There are a million ways Al Gore could have won but he didn't and it's easier from them to point the finger at someone else than to look at themselves 

It will be the same way if Hillary loses even without a major 3rd party contender. I'm sure those same people will point their finger at Bernie and his primary run instead of at their choice of candidate

Edited by ShadySands

Free games updated 3/4/21

WoD any idea who will  you vote for now..Trump is toning down the Rhetoric

I was always for Trump.

Not yet, the FBI party van will hopefully come soon though.

tyTc1Nl.jpg

Read it again. Slowly if you need to.

Nothing there contradicts my point. Gore lost by only 500 votes. If Nader wasn't there, Gore would've won, no question about it. Of course if Gore was stronger Nader wouldn't have made a difference, but you can't argue with a historical fact.

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

I don't think you understand how elections work. Gore was not entitled to those 500 votes Nader got, nor the other 3rd party votes, nor the Democrat votes for Bush, nor the potential votes of those that didn't vote. If Gore was unable to convince those 500 people(along with all the others mentioned) that he was a good choice(because as we all know a third party candidate has no chance in the two party monopoly) that is on him, not Nader.

The same applies to Perot in 92. He didn't cause Bush Sr to lose, Bush Sr's failures as a candidate did that.

The same may apply to Hillary in this election. Sanders supporters largely do not like her. A good portion will not vote for her and may vote Stein or even Trump. This is not Bernie costing her the election, this is her being a candidate that fails to get these people to vote for her.

• Like 3

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"I love cheese despite the pain and carnage." - ShadySands

Fine, I didn't say Gore was entitled to those votes, only that Gore would've won without Nader. Sure, some of Nader's votes would have stayed home, but a lot would've voted for Gore as the more desirable alternative than Bush.

Sanders and Trump have apparently agreed to debate one another after Hillary backed out of her promise to debate Sanders a final time.

9z37Bh9.gif

Edited by Bartimaeus

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Source?

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

http://www.bloomberg.com/politics/trackers/2016-05-26/sanders-says-i-look-forward-to-debating-trump-in-california

Not a proper source yet (this is just a reposting of the relevant Tweet) - it's pretty new news. Apparently, they were both on Jimmy Kimmel over the past two days (one of them last night, one tonight - don't know which one for which day since I'm not a viewer), and they both agreed, and Sander's Twitter account confirmed it. Both Trump's and Sander's subreddits on reddit are going completely mad (in a sort of good way?) over it.

Edited by Bartimaeus

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2016/05/26/trump-i-ll-debate-bernie-sanders-for-a-price.html

Better source and information. It's, of course, only a verbal agreement as of now, but...

Edited by Bartimaeus

I am now giddy as a child in the candy store.

- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I was always for Trump.

Im sure there was time you did say you weren't going to vote?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I am totally unsure of what this "debate" will actually look like. I have a feeling Trump may only be doing it only to try to pander to Bernie supporters - basically, to say, "Hey, at least I've shown respect to your guy this entire election race, regardless of my personal feelings on his policy positions...unlike Hillary and the rest of the Democratic party." I can see it being a much more amicable debate than you might otherwise expect on Trump's end, to try to make sure there are no hard feelings when it comes to the general election. I'm not sure how Bernie would react to such tactics, though - I imagine this debate will either look very good or very bad for Bernie, but probably not in between (and regardless of how it looks for Trump). That, or the debate might devolve to actual fisticuffs.

If it actually happens, it will certainly be interesting one way or another, I imagine.

Edited by Bartimaeus

this already happened

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Video of the Kimmel-interview:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9PNE4BMluk

In any case, it doesn't matter how the debate will turn out. Either way, Hillary will look like being schlonged.

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

Both Trump's and Sander's subreddits on reddit are going completely mad (in a sort of good way?) over it.

Ah, two groups of very special people those.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

:lol:  When you can't even finish ahead of the Prince of Darkness it's time to give up!

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I was always for Trump.

Im sure there was time you did say you weren't going to vote?

I think I said I wouldn't vote if one of the globalist corporatists got the nomination. I've changed my mind on that anyway, much as I hate the Republican corporate gimps, the Democrats are so much worse on every issue, I decided I have to vote straight Republican ticket no matter who's on the ballot.

A guy goes against the prime directive:

that's nice, but he will still have to go

How come?

"Good thing I don't heal my characters or they'd be really hurt." Is not something I should ever be thinking.

I use blue text when I'm being sarcastic.

This election brings out the best in people.

• Like 3

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

It looks like Trump may have chickened out of debating "crazy Bernie". Too low energy, I guess - being a total pansy would do that, I suppose, :).

https://www.donaldjtrump.com/press-releases/donald-j.-trump-statement-on-debating-bernie-sanders

Right after Bret Baier of Fox News said it would happen, too: http://www.cbsnews.com/news/fox-news-host-network-to-schedule-sanders-trump-debate-event-before-june-7/

Edited by Bartimaeus
  • Like 1

Some choice reddit content:

roXuxTu.jpg

fC64oxe.jpg

"Brave Sir Donald ran away,

Bravely ran away, away,

When danger reared its ugly head,

He bravely turned his tail and fled!

Yes, brave Sir Donald turned about,

And gallantly he chickened out,

Bravely taking to his feet,

He beat a very brave retreat,

Bravest of the brave, Sir Donald!"

• Like 1