When is the next patch coming out?

might wait 2-3 more months for "the final complete version"

What if 3,02 IS the final complete version? The silence of devs hints on that.

I still have 30 Days refund on GOG, so if it is Final version, then I'm not worrying.

Different Obsidian devs have stated both implicitly and explicitly that they are currently at work on forthcoming patches. On these forums, in tech support, and on outside media.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

It's not 'gamebreaking' in the way that hard crashes are, but in any case, releasing a new expansion means there's going to be bugs going around the system anew. 

Anyway, gamebreaking or not, inevitable or not, bugs suck. It costs a lot of money to keep patching a game, which is why it often cannot be done indefinitely, but hopefully they're able to push a couple more out.

It can very easily be game-breaking depending on how many and what saves the player keeps. With the game slowing down significantly with a bigger number of savegames in the savegames directory, it could be game-breaking for many people.

Looking for information on the devs' schedule for the next patch totally makes sense. I can understand they would avoid to make promises without being close to completely certain they can keep them, so the lack of answer must mean they can't yet estimate how long some issue/issues will take them to fix.

Edited by Gairnulf

A Custom Editor for Deadfire's Data:
eFoHp9V.png

hard to estimate anything, when You're just making "notes", not working on something actually, it's not writting new game, it's about making fixes, how naive has to be to think that it takes so long time

what suppose to be sold, already have sold... simple as that 

but for sure they will not increase number of backers for next project with keeping players to wait,  left the game in that state, with new bugs introducing with new "patch",messy as hell,so many skills,descriptions, characters leveling combined with skills/talent adjusting after so long time since premiere, don't care if it is  main game/expansion obstruction, that's thier work  to make it right(release expansion  and suprise something has broken with gameplay  ), it's  ridiculous and  " get used to it's Obsdian's game doesn't help" ...

they could simply admit, that at this moment they NOT working on it

Edited by Gs11

Personnally, I think there is too much bug in this game. Each patch add new bugs. THIS IS the real problem in fact.

If not, there would be 0 majors bugs after 2.01, 3.01.

The galawain's maw bug is a major bug for me. Introduce in 3.01, not present in 3.00. Its exactly the real problem.

I think its a good thing to have a more long time for debug. Even delay the release of the patch.

• Like 1

What's the Galawain's Maw bug?  Is it also enemies getting buffed when you quickload?  That was another area where when I played last month it seemed a lot more difficult than I remember it being previously, though I put that down to upscaling the enemies.

Personnally, I think there is too much bug in this game. Each patch add new bugs. THIS IS the real problem in fact.

If not, there would be 0 majors bugs after 2.01, 3.01.

The galawain's maw bug is a major bug for me. Introduce in 3.01, not present in 3.00. Its exactly the real problem.

I think its a good thing to have a more long time for debug. Even delay the release of the patch.

That is not the problem at all.  Most people expect new content in patches, especially in a game like this.  Bugfixing is very important, but so is balance and new content.

The problem is the complete lack of communication from Obsi.  If they just popped in here and said 'expect at least a month's wait guys' then that'd be something.

I just talked to Feargus. He confirmed that they are absolutely NOT working on a patch. Apparently they had a meeting and all decided that it was kinda silly to continue supporting the only IP they have, even though it was the game that more or less saved the company.

I hate to say it, but you've been right this whole time. I'm sorry. We all should have listened to you sooner.

What should we do next?

• Like 4

"Art and song are creations but so are weapons and lies"

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

I just talked to Gaben. He confirmed that they are absolutely NOT working on a Half Life 3.Apparently they had a meeting and all decided that it was kinda silly to continue supporting the only IP they have, even though it was the game that more or less saved the company.

I hate to say it, but you've been right this whole time. I'm sorry. We all should have listened to you sooner.

What should we do next?

Half Life 3 confirmed?

• Like 1

What about all this bug fixing in technical support ? What for was that , i mean if they are not gonna patch the game why they "pretend" their workig on fixing bugs

I honestly cant understand this , they spent years working on a game and now they gonna leave it unfinished , seriously WTF 

Also could it be that patch is almost done ? and they are not working on it anymore maybe .

Edited by Blunderboss

Most likely most of team were moved to the new project.

Some designer plus few juniors might be left working on the minor, asset-related issues.

But without programmers, they might not be able to tune the values, or fix the code which goes into Assembly-CSharp.dll. There goes stuff like: Riposte, def+reflex stacking on quick save/load, double proccing of spell-holding effects.

Although that's just speculation and rationalization.

The Def/Ref stacking bug is a game braking bug that should have been corrected. I feel it is really not professional to leave it as it is. Double proc (and various 3.03 double stuff) is rather ugly too.

Not exactly exciting when it comes to support PoE 2 crowfunding. They sould not forget that PoE has been made possible because of a bunch of niche players with 10 years long memory, not by the average gamer. We do not forget.

For the rest (like Riposte being weak or various minor bugs, inconsistent description, etc...), it'd say it is rather acceptable. Not worse than BG2 and most games at least. This is how real world work. Sure, the game could have been a bit more finished, I'm a bit sad that it is not, but I have a lot of fun with current balance.

Now comes the time of modding... We may have a chance to get the perfect game by this mean... even I admit I never took part in this kind of stuff :-)

Edited by Elric Galad
  • Like 1

Relax kiddies, there will be at least one more patch if not a couple more. Funnily enough I am sure Obs are doing their best with limited resources. I'm sure they have less and less people available to work on pillars which is perfectly understandable. Their response in the bugs forum is excellent, but they simply cannot justify spending a huge amount of time and  money on the game. The game is in pretty darn good shape at the moment and I'm sure as I write this they are working on the patch which will be released when its ready.

• Like 1

"Those who look upon gods then say, without even knowing their names, 'He is Fire. She is Dance. He is Destruction. She is Love.' So, to reply to your statement, they do not call themselves gods. Everyone else does, though, everyone who beholds them."
"So they play that on their fascist banjos, eh?"
"You choose the wrong adjective."
"You've already used up all the others.”

Lord of Light

I'll relax when they communicate.

I can understand that they are not enthusiastic to annouce they will stop working on PoE. Many players will complain if there wishlist is not included in last patches... But they have to.

I think PoE is in a pretty acceptable state except the few bugs mentionned in my previous post.

Edited by Elric Galad

Meh , i think best thing currently is to put pilars away and wait for official response about patch or no patch , i hope that obsidian will come to its senses and finish their game , the one that was kickstarted and such , well if they dont this is the last game i buy from them

Edited by Blunderboss

I just talked to Gaben. He confirmed that they are absolutely NOT working on a Half Life 3.Apparently they had a meeting and all decided that it was kinda silly to continue supporting the only IP they have, even though it was the game that more or less saved the company.

What should we do next?

Half Life 3 confirmed?

No idea who Gaben is or what Half Life 3 is. Is it an existing game? If not, then are you comparing support for an existing game to fan speculation about a sequel? If yes, please explain to me how that's relevant.

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

What should we do next?

Half Life 3 confirmed?

No idea who Gaben is or what Half Life 3 is. Is it an existing game? If not, then are you comparing support for an existing game to fan speculation about a sequel? If yes, please explain to me how that's relevant.

Who is Gaben? The Saint Gaben. What, are you living under a rock or somthing?

Anyway, the current game is broken, i (and plenty people more) can not continue because of one shot kill, and the worst thing is - THIS GAME IS STILL ON SALE.

I wonder how many people like me, bought this game, without knowing that you can not play it.

I just pray that Obsidian didn't abandoned this game,

• Like 1

I notice you didn't answer the questions

What should we do next?

Half Life 3 confirmed?

Anyway, the current game is broken, i (and plenty people more) can not continue because of one shot kill, and the worst thing is - THIS GAME IS STILL ON SALE.

I wonder how many people like me, bought this game, without knowing that you can not play it.

I thought this bug was restricted to an optional area?

I just talked to Feargus. He confirmed that they are absolutely NOT working on a patch. Apparently they had a meeting and all decided that it was kinda silly to continue supporting the only IP they have, even though it was the game that more or less saved the company.

I hate to say it, but you've been right this wholeof   time. I'm sorry. We all should have listened to you sooner.

What should we do next?

i understand you finished the game and not play anymore and  not very  intrest in? that's how i can understand only this irony and  this ''itt is bugsidian,let them work,keep waiting players" approach

but there a lot new ppl,game is a mess and better to sit in silence and have naive faith that they're doing sth and f... community-they don't deserve any response?

since they don't have enough power,  sure we can wait, time after tyranny premiere would be ok also yep? maybe meantime we'd gratefully deserve some  info

well maybe to you it's enough,congrats , you  warrior of obsidian order ,they making notes after all; btw.check meaning of support 

Edited by Gs11
  • Like 1

What should we do next?

Half Life 3 confirmed?

I thought this bug was restricted to an optional area?

Looks like no. Mine was with Stronghold Bounty Mission and I saw screenshots which some people posted in Raederic Fortress with >4000 Dmg :)

Hey guys, apologies for the silence. Patch 3.03 should be coming out towards the end of this month.

Here are some of the things we are trying to address in the next update:

• Shield deflection and reflexes are stacking on enemies during save/load.

• NPCs are not turning hostile from conversations for some players.

• Combusting Wounds is not doing damage.

• The biography is not updating after collecting spring berries.

• There are some performance problems related to snow footprints.

• Russetwood Ogres are turning hostile after transitioning in and out of certain areas.

• Graze to Hit on One-Handed Style and Confident Aim are applying to spells (instead of only to weapon attacks). 

• Druids are unable to use Second Wind or Outlander's Frenzy while spiritshifted.

• Healing and friendly effects being cast by a chanter are not affecting the chanter itself.

• Various game balance (particularly with Rogues and Barbarians).

• Like 25