What You Did Today

Tale

Condolences Oerwinde, that's a lot of loss to deal within in a short period of time.

I mulled over taking a trip to Hotlanta over the holiday weekend, but I decided against it.  It would have likely cost me several hundred dollars total between gas, hotel room, and money spent on nightlife.  While I could afford that, I decided that it was wiser to save the money given I'm putting money away to buy a new car in the somewhat near future.  The car I have now runs fine, but it has 180K miles on it, so it could run another 4 years or it could **** the bed next week.  Seems smarter to make sure I have enough in the bank for a nice size down payment before going on a trip like that, for contingency purposes.  I might make a trip in the fall.  Instead, I'll go to a baseball game tomorrow and take advantage of the cool weather today and go for a nice long bike ride then grill up some chicken this evening.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

it's only the end of May but it's already so hot that i go around the house half naked and im still sweating buckets. last year the weather wasn't very hot until July but this year summer came early.

The words freedom and liberty, are diminishing the true meaning of the abstract concept they try to explain. The true nature of freedom is such, that the human mind is unable to comprehend it, so we make a cage and name it freedom in order to give a tangible meaning to what we dont understand, just as our ancestors made gods like Thor or Zeus to explain thunder.

-Teknoman2-

What? You thought it was a quote from some well known wise guy from the past?

Stupidity leads to willful ignorance - willful ignorance leads to hope - hope leads to sex - and that is how a new generation of fools is born!

We are hardcore role players... When we go to bed with a girl, we roll a D20 to see if we hit the target and a D6 to see how much penetration damage we did.

Modern democracy is: the sheep voting for which dog will be the shepherd's right hand.

I'm super white, so anything over 20 degrees is too hot

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

I live in the south now, so heat is something I have to deal with.  Luckily, central air conditioning is a wonderful thing.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

While anything under 15 degrees is too cold? I've noticed a lot of people feel like that on our latitude

Fortune favors the bald.

While anything under 15 degrees is too cold? I've noticed a lot of people feel like that on our latitude

I start wearing a jacket at about 15 degrees, then switch from shorts to pants at around 10. Switch from jacket to winter coat around 2. Doesn't often get much colder than that in Vancouver.

Devastatorsig.jpg

my comfort zone when it comes to temperatures is 16-25C

The words freedom and liberty, are diminishing the true meaning of the abstract concept they try to explain. The true nature of freedom is such, that the human mind is unable to comprehend it, so we make a cage and name it freedom in order to give a tangible meaning to what we dont understand, just as our ancestors made gods like Thor or Zeus to explain thunder.

-Teknoman2-

What? You thought it was a quote from some well known wise guy from the past?

Stupidity leads to willful ignorance - willful ignorance leads to hope - hope leads to sex - and that is how a new generation of fools is born!

We are hardcore role players... When we go to bed with a girl, we roll a D20 to see if we hit the target and a D6 to see how much penetration damage we did.

Modern democracy is: the sheep voting for which dog will be the shepherd's right hand.

For me the ideal temperature is 73F (about 23C).  I'm very happy with anything between 60 - 80F (16C - 27C).

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

I still believe mother of dragons will fk sht up again. I have no faith in her anymore and seeing her bewbs again won't change it no more either.

Edited by Lexx

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

I still believe mother of dragons will fk sht up again. I have no faith in her anymore and seeing her bewbs again won't change it no more either.

Unbeliever! Danni's boobs produce the glue that holds Westeros together!

Room painted, chose a dark blue. Next up is the flooring. Woo.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

In the world of Tale:

Grandmother had a blood clot Sunday. Doctors got around to surgery today, the clot ran about the entire length of her thigh. Impressive. They removed it.

As a consequence of all this, though, I've been given reason to google up on "anesthesia induced dementia."

A little terrifying to see that happen in an old woman that never had any such signs before. But don't worry, apparently there's no lasting effects.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I think I'm hitting that slightly soul-crushed stage (or that might be this weeks batch of insomnia talking).  After half a year on the job hunt going nowhere I am getting annoyed with myself that I'm finding a growing resentment to the family for having had to spend half my life as mom's carer and leaving me in this position.  Now it feels like I can't actually grow up if I can't get into the job-market properly.

While the project work related research and analysis stuff I was able to do from home off and on over the last few years has given me something for my CV.. it hasn't actually backed it up with qualifications and the necessary certifications. And apparently, my friends consultancy company was sufficiently niche, that it doesn't appear to have been much help anyway. Entry level positions all want the degree, plus experience that can be backed up by other qualifications.

And Tale, best wishes on her recovery then. Had something similar the other week. Phone call from grandmother one morning that she thought she'd had a partial stroke and couldn't use her hand, could we pop over. Called the ambulance, went over...  and found that it had happened the night before, so she decided to sit down and spend the night lifting and raising her arm in case she got the feeling back. Not wanting to go to sleep in case she didn't wake up. Then calling us 11 hours after the fact. When the paramedics heard that they were all "...okay. I think we're past the four hour window."

That fun "Yes gran. We're proud that you're a strong, intelligent and independent woman in your 90s who is quite capable in looking after herself. But...."

Edited by Raithe
  • Like 1

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

And apparently she's been going downhill since lunch. My mother says they don't think she'll make it.

:(

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

WARM!

It's been 30C over here, and it's been hell at work. But that's nothing to your day Tale. =(

Edited by Azdeus

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Reset all my passwords because of the Team Viewer security breach. Bah, humbug.

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Saw the Grand Canyon yesterday and stopped in Sedona for the night. We were only going to stay the one night but then my wife fell in love with the views in Sedona so we are hanging around for another night.

• Like 3

Free games updated 3/4/21

Spent a week out in California at a family reunion. Made me stop going on specific outings with my parents (like the actual activites) as a specific family because it seems to get to easily back into the rut of "you're the youngest, you have to abide by us" again. Specifically my dad accused me of "turning into a monster" after I got pissed that they ignored me about getting off a bus (long story). And didn't seem to understand that part of the reason that I was pissed was that he didn't even check if I was in agreement that this was the right spot... or that I was getting off the bus behind them.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Helped a neighbour move a washer and dryer. Was out of breath for like a half hour and ripped my work shorts. Was paid in butter tarts. AMAZING butter tarts. I may eat the whole batch, ensuring I'm out of breath for 45 minutes next time.

Devastatorsig.jpg

I've been working around the house, shoveling out the rabbit pens, cut the grass, weed the garden, cut firewood, and "graded" the driveway in. Now I'm sitting on the porch drinking iced tea and listening to the Rays/Twins game on the radio. Life is good.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Spent a couple of minutes composing a mental list of people I'd kill if I could just snap my fingers and make it so. Certainly passed the time stuck in traffic

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Walking around Santa Fe. It's got an interesting vibe and the weather is much better than everywhere else we've been. Currently sitting in the man area of some women's boutique not too far from the house we rented

• Like 1

Free games updated 3/4/21