US Election 2016

Source inside the Clinton campaign said Bill is a Dubs fan. Had a five minute conversation about staying up late watching the OT Game 4, Shaun Livingston, and bench depth. WHAT A POLITICIAN.

Hillary's guaranteed my vote now. In the bank.

CiYJQ1MW0AEsAjY.jpg

• Like 2

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

Hillary is NOT Bill... more is the pity.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Hillary is NOT Bill... more is the pity.

Really? you think that Bill wouldn't be at the same level of intense... distaste by members of this board/the world because of a similar 25 year long existance in the public eye and all of his dirty laundry being dug up again and aired again?

Because I, for one, do not desire to go through the media circus of the Lewinsky scandal, again... on national tv, in the 24 hour news cycle... with social media chiming in as the WONDERFUL id it represents in this modern era. And all the hate and vitriol people have towards Hillary would be redirected towards the "Terrible human being" that is William Jefferson Clinton because he's the most likely victor of the primary etc etc.

Honestly, I don't think anyone that has put their hat forward is a truly terrible human being. Cruz is probably the closest to that point, but ultimately they're people trying to live up to their convictions. Well Trump doesn't because he doesn't seem to really have any major political convictions that are contentious issues. The only reason he says outrageous crap is to get TV time. And yet, here we are, on an internet forum acting like it's highschool again and that the stuck up Valedictorian and **** Jock are running for Class President. Sitting behind the bleachers in our black pants, black hoodie/jackets, and rediculous amounts of black eyeliner while talking about how fat or stupid either one are and whispering the stupid rumors that the school newspaper is tossing out.

More Seriously:

How does Clinton's "email scandal" or "Benghazi scandal" actually effect her ability to act as an efficient governor?

I mean this seriously... I asked this question of my mom about Anthony Weiner and his scandal, and never got a good answer. How on earth does any of these scandals actually reflect on this person and their ability to govern these United States? Does flashing your **** while talking to somebody who is NOT your spouse magically make you unable to pass a bill effectively? 

I suppose Clinton's private email server is something more relevant. But the question there is, was it actually her who made the decision to set up the server for her phone's email? OR is it instead she said something vague like "Find a way to get my email on my phone." and her staff set up the server without realizing that what they were doing was breaking the rules (or did it anyway when they broke the rules because they didn't want to bug the boss about it). But the question still comes down to "Who do you think will most effectively run the nation for the next 4-8 years?" Not "Who do you like the most and think deserves a gold star on their resume?"

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

The two least liked candidates in recent history squaring off. Good thing it's not a popularity contest

To be fair to Clinton, her unfavorability is currently under 40%. Trump's is over 50%.

If these numbers hold through November, he can't win the election.

Historically the candidate with higher unfavorability wins. Also the taller candidate. Also the one who's not a bitch.

WOD it seems unhelpful to bring Hilary's gender  up  as a reason that we can criticize her 

Lets focus on her policies and her campaign  strategies as a reason to have issues with  her ...not her gender

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Hahahahahahahaha

The end of the video (4:20 and onwards), hahahahahahahaha

I'm dying here.

Edited by Meshugger

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I suppose Clinton's private email server is something more relevant. But the question there is, was it actually her who made the decision to set up the server for her phone's email? OR is it instead she said something vague like "Find a way to get my email on my phone." and her staff set up the server without realizing that what they were doing was breaking the rules (or did it anyway when they broke the rules because they didn't want to bug the boss about it). But the question still comes down to "Who do you think will most effectively run the nation for the next 4-8 years?" Not "Who do you like the most and think deserves a gold star on their resume?"

The Email situation just highlights one of her most serious flaws. She doesn't know anything. She has a poor grasp on how technology works; which is pretty important in this era.

She also has terrible judgement:

Should we invade Iraq?

Hillary: Derp, let's do it.

Should we interfere in Libya?

Should we assist the Syrian rebels against Assad?

Honestly, I don't think anyone that has put their hat forward is a truly terrible human being. Cruz is probably the closest to that point, but ultimately they're people trying to live up to their convictions. Well Trump doesn't because he doesn't seem to really have any major political convictions that are contentious issues. The only reason he says outrageous crap is to get TV time. And yet, here we are, on an internet forum acting like it's highschool again and that the stuck up Valedictorian and **** Jock are running for Class President. Sitting behind the bleachers in our black pants, black hoodie/jackets, and rediculous amounts of black eyeliner while talking about how fat or stupid either one are and whispering the stupid rumors that the school newspaper is tossing out.

Don't try and insinuate that Hillary has convictions. For the sake of a thought experiment though; let's pretend she does:

Hillary supported the sanctions on Iraq. The same sanctions that killed hundreds of thousands of innocent people (including children). She was well aware of this. Please explain to me how this does not make her a terrible person? I'm pretty sure that if my convictions lead to me supporting the killing of hundreds of thousands of innocent people you'd consider me a bad person. At least I'd hope so. I know that Hillary is a democrat (that makes her good by default; after all, she's "progressive") and the people she helped starve to death were Muslims (do they really count as full humans?), but please don't just give her a pass.

Edited by Namutree
  • Like 2

"Good thing I don't heal my characters or they'd be really hurt." Is not something I should ever be thinking.

I use blue text when I'm being sarcastic.

Don't try and insinuate that Hillary has convictions. For the sake of a thought experiment though; let's pretend she does:

Hillary supported the sanctions on Iraq. The same sanctions that killed hundreds of thousands of innocent people (including children). She was well aware of this. Please explain to me how this does not make her a terrible person? I'm pretty sure that if my convictions lead to me supporting the killing of hundreds of thousands of innocent people you'd consider me a bad person. At least I'd hope so. I know that Hillary is a democrat (that makes her good by default; after all, she's "progressive") and the people she helped starve to death were Muslims (do they really count as full humans?), but please don't just give her a pass.

And who voted against the sanctions on Iraq?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Do you speak about 1990 sanctions against Iraq (United Nations Security Council Resolution 661, which change bit in 1991 United Nations Security Council Resolution 687)?

I don't want to put words in anyone's mouth but it's been a hell of a long timesince sanctions on Iraq was an issue. The only relevant politician who was in office to cast a vote on that was Bernie Sanders.

He voted against sanctions in the 90's, votes against the invasion in 2002 and opposed interventions in Syria & Libya. The only other candidate to stick to their principles the way he has was Rand Paul.

I would not vote for Bernie and I would not want him as President. But I will say this, he is the only candidate still in the race I respect.

• Like 2

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Once again, rather than getting involved in a serious discussion on these matters...

13238964_1404244229593077_68416467624444

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

The Email situation just highlights one of her most serious flaws. She doesn't know anything. She has a poor grasp on how technology works; which is pretty important in this era.

She also has terrible judgement:

Should we invade Iraq?

Should we interfere in Libya?

Should we assist the Syrian rebels against Assad?

I don't think she made policy in Lybia or Syria. Hell when the Syrian civil war started, was she even in a position to influence anything?

That said, I'm willing to write off the fact that she doesn't know much about technology from a users perspective. Why you ask? Because she spent 9 years in a bubble of "No technology!" and has been high enough in the political sphere that she hasn't needed to learn as much about technology to get by. By Comparison, Grey Davis (former california governor that got recalled) when his Recall was basically a confirmed thing, had a crash course in tech and even things like "gassing your car" by CHP because he hadn't had to learn or use that information for several years.

Do you speak about 1990 sanctions against Iraq (United Nations Security Council Resolution 661, which change bit in 1991 United Nations Security Council Resolution 687)?

The 1991 ones I imagine would be the most relevant?

John Milton 

The 1991 ones I imagine would be the most relevant?

1991 resolution is decision to continue sanctions in 1990 resolution after gulf war ended, primary purpose was to prevent Iraq acquiring weapons of mass destruction. 

• Like 1

https://archive.is/JRP02

Former President Bill Clinton was a much more frequent flyer on a registered sex offender’s infamous jet than previously reported, with flight logs showing the former president taking at least 26 trips aboard the “Lolita Express” -- even apparently ditching his Secret Service detail for at least five of the flights, according to records obtained by FoxNews.com

He allegedly had a team of traffickers who procured girls as young as 12 to service his friends on “Orgy Island,” an estate on Epstein's 72-acre island, called Little St. James, in the U.S. Virgin Islands.

"Lolita Express" going to the Virgin Islands. Say that aloud.

- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

@Meshugger

I heard about that a while ago - media and people didn't really care to talk about it then, I imagine they don't care that much now. It is kind of a weird story...

Edited by Bartimaeus

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

@Meshugger

I heard about that a while ago - media and people didn't really care to talk about it then, I imagine they don't care that much now. It is kind of a weird story...

Considering what's at stake, what allegations that have been made and the only evidence is mostly based on witnesses, i would say that media is threading carefully for a reason. 

This Epstein guy had flew powerful people from international banks to royalty on that plane. One might wonder what kind of blackmail that might be going on in the background. All what it takes is one flight and one camera....

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

@Meshugger

And this is exactly my point about Clinton and the Media. We don't hear about this because he's not the one running for president. If he was this would be Fox News story for sixteen weeks straight until it morphed into something else... like Benghazi.

Irish Examiner

6u6oHoQ.png

Good Sasanach

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

lol

• Like 1

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

The party of authoritarian government at it's best. "Shut up you filthy peasants... we know what's best for you"

• Like 1

Thomas Sowell

I really wonder if the powers that be in the US comprehend that we are on a road that will only lead us to shooting at each other again? 

• Like 1

Thomas Sowell

I really wonder if the powers that be in the US comprehend that we are on a road that will only lead us to shooting at each other again? 

Does that mean I need to get my Colt 1851 Navy Revolver back into working order?