US Election 2016

I really wonder if the powers that be in the US comprehend that we are on a road that will only lead us to shooting at each other again? 

Does that mean I need to get my Colt 1851 Navy Revolver back into working order? 

Your Colt AR-15 will serve you better. Unless Hillary tries to take it away from you. 

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I really wonder if the powers that be in the US comprehend that we are on a road that will only lead us to shooting at each other again? 

Do you mean like another Civil War?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Under the correct circumstances... yes. I don't think it will or should happen. But it would be foolish to dismiss the possibility. Did you really watch what happened there Bruce? Hillary's people disqualified a majority of Sanders delegates and refused to say why. Then despite a vote in favor of a recount closed the convention and walked away but not before asking the sheriff deputies to put everyone out. 

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Under the correct circumstances... yes. I don't think it will or should happen. But it would be foolish to dismiss the possibility. Did you really watch what happened there Bruce? Hillary's people disqualified a majority of Sanders delegates and refused to say why. Then despite a vote in favor of a recount closed the convention and walked away but not before asking the sheriff deputies to put everyone out. 

But who fight in this war?

And surly because of the resources any internal battle against the Federal government would be suicidal? 

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Perhaps, but do they care? No, they are only concerned with their short-term profits and are too consumed by the spectacle to stop the crash if they even see it coming.

• Like 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

For the puppets, the phrase 'hubris is blinding' applies.

For the puppet masters, an argument could be made that it is exactly what they want.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-36246081

Guys what would happen  to a US judge in this case?

John Milton 

And surly because of the resources any internal battle against the Federal government would be suicidal? 

In 2015 there were 14,843,895 resident hunting licenses sold in the US. Many hunters will buy a out-of-state license to hunt in another state, but they will only buy one resident license. Bear in mind, this is just hunters. Forget for a moment sport shooters, and folks who keep them for home defense. That means 14,843,895 people who own at least one (probably more) rifle or shotgun and are proficient in their use. The entire armed strength of the US Military, FBI, CIA, Secret Service, and US Marshal Service is 2.75M. Assume 100% of them would be willing to take up arms against their fellow citizens (by NO means a certainty) and had to fight just the hunters. Even if just a third of the hunters only (discounting other gun owners) were willing to fight it would be the largest armed force in the history of the world.

Now granted we are being hypothetical about something that while possible, is unlikely. And it would be impossible or organize all of that into a united fighting force but it would be stupid to give the US Military a stand up fight and there are many historical examples of partisan effectiveness. And it may be suicidal in the end. But as anyone who has served in the military will tell you there are many things more dear than your own life.

Thomas Sowell

If she was a state judge she would not survive her next retention vote. If she were a appellate or Supreme Court justice we'd be stuck with her but she will never get a decent table in a DC restaurant after that. 

Thomas Sowell

In 2015 there were 14,843,895 resident hunting licenses sold in the US. Many hunters will buy a out-of-state license to hunt in another state, but they will only buy one resident license. Bear in mind, this is just hunters. Forget for a moment sport shooters, and folks who keep them for home defense. That means 14,843,895 people who own at least one (probably more) rifle or shotgun and are proficient in their use. The entire armed strength of the US Military, FBI, CIA, Secret Service, and US Marshal Service is 2.75M. Assume 100% of them would be willing to take up arms against their fellow citizens (by NO means a certainty) and had to fight just the hunters. Even if just a third of the hunters only (discounting other gun owners) were willing to fight it would be the largest armed force in the history of the world.

Now granted we are being hypothetical about something that while possible, is unlikely. And it would be impossible or organize all of that into a united fighting force but it would be stupid to give the US Military a stand up fight and there are many historical examples of partisan effectiveness. And it may be suicidal in the end. But as anyone who has served in the military will tell you there are many things more dear than your own life.

You seem to be assuming that there isn't some cross over between the two. And ignoring the fact that almost every single police officer in the USA is armed and would pick sides.

The other thing to consider is that I don't think you can blow up a tank with an AR15.

• Like 1

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

The other thing to consider is that I don't think you can blow up a tank with an AR15.

Wouldn't even try. Like I said it would be foolish to give a straight fight. 

But this is all hypothetical.

• Like 1

Thomas Sowell

If she was a state judge she would not survive her next retention vote. If she were a appellate or Supreme Court justice we'd be stuck with her but she will never get a decent table in a DC restaurant after that. 

But you agree she should fired? How can she claim an inkling of impartiality to think such things?

John Milton 

But you agree she should fired? How can she claim an inkling of impartiality to think such things?

It isn't because she thinks it. It's because she SAID it. People are going to think what they think. The court has to have the appearance of impartiality. She could never be an effective jurist now. Even if what she is saying is true she should know better than to pop off on social media about it.

Thomas Sowell

It isn't because she thinks it. It's because she SAID it. People are going to think what they think. The court has to have the appearance of impartiality. She could never be an effective jurist now. Even if what she is saying is true she should know better than to pop off on social media about it.

You make some good points but its not true....its offensive and uninformed, she said things like 

In another post attributed to her, she said that "murder is also not a biggy" for black men and "gang rapes of baby, daughter, and mother [were] a pleasurable pass [sic] time".

John Milton 

You make some good points but its not true....its offensive and uninformed, she said things like 

In another post attributed to her, she said that "murder is also not a biggy" for black men and "gang rapes of baby, daughter, and mother [were] a pleasurable pass [sic] time".

I didn't say it was true. I just said even if she said something true. If a judge in the US were to say a higher number of violent offenders are black than white it would be a true statement, But you can't just go say crap like that because it's prejudicial because of a racial qualification. And because it is being presented without context. Even if the judge meant well or only meant to be stating a statistical fact they are feeding a negative stereotype as well as justifying the racism of others.  

So in other words a jurist should have the good sense to STFU. 

Thomas Sowell

I didn't say it was true. I just said even if she said something true. If a judge in the US were to say a higher number of violent offenders are black than white it would be a true statement, But you can't just go say crap like that because it's prejudicial because of a racial qualification. And because it is being presented without context. Even if the judge meant well or only meant to be stating a statistical fact they are feeding a negative stereotype as well as justifying the racism of others.  

We dont have juries in SA....only judges so she was basically deciding verdicts for years with that attitude 

John Milton 

We dont have juries in SA....only judges so she was basically deciding verdicts for years with that attitude 

Is there an appellate process? Seems to me every verdict she ever rendered would have solid footing for appeal. In the US the lawyers would be salivating over this!

Oh by the way, jurist is another word for judge. I think you misunderstood me.

Edited by Guard Dog

Thomas Sowell

Is there an appellate process? Seems to me every verdict she ever rendered would have solid footing for appeal. In the US the lawyers would be salivating over this!

Thanks goodness our legal system is not at your level of scrutiny but yes you right, this should or could lead to major appeals 

The Black lawyers association has asked for a revue of all her cases...but I doubt that will happen

http://www.destinyconnect.com/2016/05/10/black-lawyers-association-wants-review-racist-judge-cases/

But right now she is just suspended ....

John Milton 

Back on topic: http://www.latimes.com/politics/la-na-sanders-prayer-circle-20160514-snap-story.html

Even the witches are against Hillary!

Oh wait... I forgot... I'm for Hillary now. Yeah Hillary... go Hill! Long live the pantsuit politburo. Down with freedom up with Hillary!

(cntrl c.... cntrl v)

Thomas Sowell

Back on topic: http://www.latimes.com/politics/la-na-sanders-prayer-circle-20160514-snap-story.html

Oh wait... I forgot... I'm for Hillary now. Yeah Hillary... go Hill! Long live the pantsuit politburo. Down with freedom up with Hillary!

(cntrl c.... cntrl v)

God dammit GD, you have to inject whatever catchphrase she's using now. No Correct the Record money for you.

• Like 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

(cntrl c.... cntrl v)

God dammit GD, you have to inject whatever catchphrase she's using now. No Correct the Record money for you.

Rats! You were right. The Correct the Record folks just told me to perform an anatomically impossible (for me at least) sexual act on myself. Oh well.  :lol:

Thomas Sowell

lol

History kinda repeats itself, doesn't it? Oh well, rhymes at least.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Bruce has more in common with Drumpf than he dares to admit

I0Fysv.jpg

:lol:  thats low even for you 

John Milton 

Thomas Sowell