US Election 2016

So mocking women  is enoguih to demomize you but you cna mock Asians according to Bruce b/c that's 'funny'?

Which is hialrious since Bruce is fine with  laughing at rape victims. The LOGIC.

Also, why is Bruce ignoring the story of the Clinton supporter who physically assaulted Sanders supporters? Why isn't he attacking Clinton and blaming her for his actions like he does with Trump and his supporters?  I know why. Do you know why? Does Bruce know why? I dunno but I know why.

Volo....I am shocked by what you suggesting, you CANNOT blame the candidate for the actions of his supporters 

You cant blame Hilary for that ...lets be reasonable here  :blink:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

So mocking women  is enoguih to demomize you but you cna mock Asians according to Bruce b/c that's 'funny'?

Which is hialrious since Bruce is fine with  laughing at rape victims. The LOGIC.

Also, why is Bruce ignoring the story of the Clinton supporter who physically assaulted Sanders supporters? Why isn't he attacking Clinton and blaming her for his actions like he does with Trump and his supporters?  I know why. Do you know why? Does Bruce know why? I dunno but I know why.

I dont really like the Chinese, they lied to the South African government...manipulated people and seriously messed up our economy 

Sorry, its  a personal view :)

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

"I dont really like the Chinese, they lied to the South African government...manipulated people and seriously messed up our economy"

Qistina was Malaysian, why did you drive her off?

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

I dont really like the Chinese, they lied to the South African government...manipulated people and seriously messed up our economy 

Presumably it was the entirety of the Chinese people, acting in complete unison, who did this.

"Lulz is not the highest aspiration of art and mankind, no matter what the Encyclopedia Dramatica says."

Didn't we go over this once before, referring to the state not people.

Hm...eventually we may be able to have arguments by number or make Bash scripts to do this for us. :lol:

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Presumably it was the entirety of the Chinese people, acting in complete unison, who did this.

No it was every single Chinese person...all 1 billion of them :) But on a serious note you cant separate how they do business in Africa 

They have a certain trade approach but its harmful and they lied to us 

John Milton 

No it was every single Chinese person...all 1 billion of them :) But on a serious note you cant separate how they do business in Africa 

My point is that this doesn't magically make racism "okay".

I mean, jesus Malc, use context.

Edited by aluminiumtrioxid

"Lulz is not the highest aspiration of art and mankind, no matter what the Encyclopedia Dramatica says."

No its different, racism is a prejudice that is not related to anything

I have seen how the Chinese operate and that put me off them, I appreciate the point you making but I dont think this is racism?

Also how much do you know about the Chinese....they do several things that are unacceptable to Western countries like 

19521_yulin2square.jpeg

Dogs are beaten or bled to death, then eaten at the Yulin dog meat festival. Thousands of Chinese citizens have protested the festival, but authorities won't act until they see how badly it's hurting China's global image. That's where we come in. Add your name to the petition below with one-click to stop this puppy slaughter, then tell everyone:

Sign here

Dear friends,

For the Yulin dog meat festival, some dogs are stolen from their owners and beaten or bled to death. Then they’re hung upside down from hooks, a slit cut from their anus and skin ripped off their bodies, and sold to be eaten.

The suffering must be unbearable -- new research shows that in terms of emotion, dogs' brains are much like ours, something dog owners and lovers understand well. When we see dogs for what they are -- living beings with thoughts and feelings -- the torture they endure at this 'festival' becomes inexcusable.

Already thousands of Chinese citizens have spoken out against the festival, but authorities won’t act until they see how badly it’s hurting China’s global image, which they’ve been working hard to improve. That’s where we come in. Let’s show the Chinese government that the world cares about this puppy slaughter and wants them to stop it immediately!

When our numbers are great enough, Avaaz will take out ads, work with influential celebrities, run the first independent national poll on dog-eating in China, and put this issue on front pages everywhere until Chinese authorities act. Add your name to the petition below with one-click and tell everyone:

https://secure.avaaz.org/en/stop_the_puppy_slaughter_loc/?bHGuxfb&v=76517&cl=9994221698

To Chinese President Mr. Xi Jinping, the Governor of Guangxi Province Mr. Chen Wu, and members of the Chinese Central Government:

As citizens across the globe deeply disturbed by the abuse and consumption of dogs at the Yulin festival, we strongly urge you to ban it immediately. Millions of Chinese citizens support legislation to stop the dog meat industry, and we join their call to end this cruel trade.

https://secure.avaaz.org/en/stop_the_puppy_slaughter_loc/?bHGuxfb&v=76517&cl=9994221698

Thanks to brave Chinese activists, the festival gets smaller each year, and Yulin authorities eventually withdrew their sponsorship of the festival and even banned their employees from attending. Momentum is building. If millions of us raise our voices now, we can save thousands of pups from unimaginable torture.

The Yulin festival isn’t a centuries old tradition -- it was started in 2010! And many argue that it was created mainly to boost meat industry sales.

Time is running out -- the festival is in weeks. Sign the petition above with one-click on the link, then forward this to friends and family -- let's make this huge!

Our community has campaigned against the most cruel bull festival in Spain, against the discarding and killing of male baby chicks in Germany, and against terrible conditions on farms in Spain and France. Now it's time to speak out for man's best friend, and get this puppy slaughter stopped for good.

With hope, 

Rewan, Danny, Luis, Patricia, Jooyea, Mike, Ricken and the entire Avaaz team 

More information:

Yulin Dog Meat Festival 2016: New pictures emerge of 'nightmare' conditions for animals involved in Chinese event (The Independent)

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/asia/yulin-dog-meat-festival-2016-new-pictures-emerge-of-nightmare-conditions-for-animals-involved-in-a6973021.html#gallery

Chinese public urges government to crack down on dog meat industry (Channel NewsAsia)

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/asiapacific/chinese-public-urges/2665086.html

This Year, China Needs to End Its Horrific Dog Meat Festival (Observer)

http://observer.com/2016/04/this-year-china-needs-to-end-its-horrific-dog-meat-festival/

Animal Rights Activists Target China Dog Meat Festival (VOA)

http://www.voanews.com/content/animal-rights-activists-target-china-dog-meat-festival/3283551.html

Why the Brains of Dogs and Humans are More Similar Than You Think (Gizmodo)

http://io9.gizmodo.com/why-the-brains-of-dogs-and-humans-are-more-similar-than-1527707674

9994221698.gif

John Milton 

Hah, racism. Pretty clear to me he's not speaking of hating the yellow devils but, alright, heh.

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Hah, racism. Pretty clear to me he's not speaking of hating the yellow devils but, alright, heh.

Thats the thing, I dont think it was racist because I have extensive experience with there business practice

So making an informed decision shouldn't be seen as racist ?

John Milton 

Lets leave racism off the table for a second, it just poisons the conversation. Surly BVC you can mentally separate the difference between the actions of a state government and the day to day citizens?

That they eat a certain animal during a festival that we happen to domesticate is immaterial and just an affront to your personal tastes. Would you hate me if I told you that I'm pretty sure I ate monkey meat while on liberty in the Philippine's? It was delicious. Taste kinda like bbq pork.   

• Like 1

Lets leave racism off the table for a second, it just poisons the conversation. Surly BVC you can mentally separate the difference between the actions of a state government and the day to day citizens?

That they eat a certain animal during a festival that we happen to domesticate is immaterial and just an affront to your personal tastes. Would you hate me if I told you that I'm pretty sure I ate monkey meat while on liberty in the Philippine's? It was delicious. Taste kinda like bbq pork.

I would. But I hate you for so many other reasons.

• Like 2

Yes of course I can accept if I was in China the average Chinese citizen may not be like the Chinese who come to Africa

But I have seen them operate for years in  Africa, its always the same methodology and its always about one thing " they dont care about human rights. They will trade with any dictator and they legitimize certain African failed states ....so they allow some African dictators to remain in power at the expense of the black citizens of the actual country "

They actually harm the overall economic transformation of the continent ....so I'm not sure what I am suppose to like about them?> 

John Milton 

Sorry Bruce but nice try. It is one thing to dislike someone because of their business practices but you seem to feel that makes it okay to dehumanize them and mock them for the way they speak. How is that not 'racist'? btw, I personally don'tind the occasional good spirited 'racial' joke (including against us whities) but your guffawing seems to come from racial hatred.

And, the fact you still get what I'm doing with the whole 'blame Hilary' thing is hilarious.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Sorry Bruce but nice try. It is one thing to dislike someone because of their business practices but you seem to feel that makes it okay to dehumanize them and mock them for the way they speak. How is that not 'racist'? btw, I personally don'tind the occasional good spirited 'racial' joke (including against us whities) but your guffawing seems to come from racial hatred.

And, the fact you still get what I'm doing with the whole 'blame Hilary' thing is hilarious.

Volo lets be honest...people throw the racist word around even when not appropriate 

I'm still  not convinced I'm wrong.....but if you  make a compelling point I will change my mind ?

John Milton 

"I can't be racist, I don't hate black people! In fact, I have many black friends!"

Lets leave racism off the table for a second, it just poisons the conversation. 

*cough* white fragility *cough*

I had dog when I was in Korea. It wasn't intentional (and everyone else was laughing about it). But as far as the Yulin thing, a lot of animal rescue folks I associate with are up in arms about it but it doesn't rise high on my DGAF meter. My dogs will never be eaten. Nor will any I will ever have anything to do with. I can't stop anything the Chinese do anymore than they can stop anything I do. If signing a petition makes you feel better, knock yourself out. They will not care. Folks have been signing petitions for decades and the Japanese are still hunting whales and the Canadians are still hunting seals. 

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

"I can't be racist, I don't hate black people! In fact, I have many black friends!"

I love this. Like the opposite is better. "I have no black friends so I must eb racist." I dunno but a racist wouldn't really hang out with people they despise right? RIGHT. Not a s amatter of coruse. The term racist is so diluted it loses all meaning. And, look at that. Another racist.. but, hey it cna't be racist because whites have 'all' the power... even in China. which is home to a huge % of the world's population it is all whitey power.

Bruce, if youd on't get why your comments towards Asians can be considered racist that is cute.

I love this. Like the opposite is better. "I have no black friends so I must eb racist." I dunno but a racist wouldn't really hang out with people they despise right? RIGHT. Not a s amatter of coruse. The term racist is so diluted it loses all meaning. And, look at that. Another racist.. but, hey it cna't be racist because whites have 'all' the power... even in China. which is home to a huge % of the world's population it is all whitey power.

Bruce, if youd on't get why your comments towards Asians can be considered racist that is cute.

Volo I often agree with alum....normally his logic is reasonable so lets not dismiss his view

Volo can you give me your definition of racism? I dont think you understand what it means...sorry its just you throw the word around so indiscriminately 

John Milton 

Did he say that in the post earlier? Given China's engagement in Africa recently I just took it as that in his post on trusting them.

Or not sure what the heck that is to mean to me, other than I posted the same earlier today, heh.

As for Gftd's advice, amusing but he is still correct.

."sorry its just you throw the word around so indiscriminately"

*sigh* You still don't get it.

"Volo can you give me your definition of racism?"

Pre judging and/or hating someone based on their race.

"I dont think you understand what it means"

I udnerstand it better than SJW nazis who believe racism is 'white person saying anything negatie about non white person'. Or 'white perosn' for short. L0L;

Edited by Volourn
  • Like 1

Did he say that in the post earlier? Given China's engagement in Africa recently I just took it as that in his post on trusting them.

Or not sure what the heck that is to mean to me, other than I posted the same earlier today, heh.

As for Gftd's advice, amusing but he is still correct.

You right and I have been polite about some of the more reprehensible practices they do 

John Milton