US Election 2016

Reminds me I still have to beat that scenario in RT3.

Also that it glosses over colonial atrocities!.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

."sorry its just you throw the word around so indiscriminately"

*sigh* You still don't get it.

"Volo can you give me your definition of racism?"

Pre judging and/or hating someone based on their race.

"I dont think you understand what it means"

I udnerstand it better than SJW nazis who believe racism is 'white person saying anything negatie about non white person'. Or 'white perosn' for short. L0L;

Okay you do know what it means ...fair enough

But how  I am pre-judging the Chinese....I have experience ? And I dont hate them....so is it racism?

And you know I take this seriously ....so if I am being racist I want to know ?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

But how  I am pre-judging the Chinese....I have experience ? And I dont hate them....so is it racism?

"I find the tactics employed by Chinese actors in my country to be morally reprehensible, and I'm somewhat wary towards Chinese businesses in general" is a perfectly reasonable (dare I say, justified) statement to make.

"LOLOLO Chinese people speak with a weird accent, this white person mocking them is HILARIOUS" is pretty damn racist.

Hah, racism. Pretty clear to me he's not speaking of hating the yellow devils but, alright, heh.

"I can't be racist, I don't hate black people! In fact, I have many black friends!"

Did he say that in the post earlier? Given China's engagement in Africa recently I just took it as that in his post on trusting them.

Or not sure what the heck that is to mean to me, other than I posted the same earlier today, heh.

It is to mean that people can totally be racist (or exhibit behavior that is, for all practical purposes, indistinguishable from racism) without hating anybody in question. Heck, some of my friends do it all the time. But I prefer to call a spade a spade.

Edited by aluminiumtrioxid

"Lulz is not the highest aspiration of art and mankind, no matter what the Encyclopedia Dramatica says."

."sorry its just you throw the word around so indiscriminately"

*sigh* You still don't get it.

"Volo can you give me your definition of racism?"

Pre judging and/or hating someone based on their race.

"I dont think you understand what it means"

I udnerstand it better than SJW nazis who believe racism is 'white person saying anything negatie about non white person'. Or 'white perosn' for short. L0L;

Okay you do know what it means ...fair enough

"I find the tactics employed by Chinese actors in my country to be morally reprehensible, and I'm somewhat wary towards Chinese businesses in general" is a perfectly reasonable (dare I say, justified) statement to make.

"LOLOLO Chinese people speak with a weird accent, this white person mocking them is HILARIOUS" is pretty damn racist.

Hah, racism. Pretty clear to me he's not speaking of hating the yellow devils but, alright, heh.

"I can't be racist, I don't hate black people! In fact, I have many black friends!"

Did he say that in the post earlier? Given China's engagement in Africa recently I just took it as that in his post on trusting them.

Or not sure what the heck that is to mean to me, other than I posted the same earlier today, heh.

Lets leave racism off the table for a second, it just poisons the conversation.

*cough* white fragility *cough*

So you do realize Trump said the last line? So I'm missing the connection?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

And you went basically "lol so funny". And when people called you out on this,you were like "oh it's okay for me to feel a personal dislike towards the Chinese, because I have Economical Reasons".

"Lulz is not the highest aspiration of art and mankind, no matter what the Encyclopedia Dramatica says."

And you went basically "lol so funny". And when people called you out on this,you were like "oh it's okay for me to feel a personal dislike towards the Chinese, because I have Economical Reasons".

Yes my friend but what Trump said was funny because he also complemented the Chinese

Then later I said " I dont really like the Chinese " ...but the posts were separate, I dont see the connection? Maybe someone else can comment?

John Milton 

Yes my friend but what Trump said was funny because he also complemented the Chinese

Then later I said " I dont really like the Chinese " ...but the posts were separate, I dont see the connection? Maybe someone else can comment?

...Or you could just realize that laughing at people's accents, while pretty immature and kinda racist, is pretty low on the scale of "terrible things a human being might commit", and you can acknowledge that "hey, this was actually Not Cool" without it automatically meaning you're an evil racist and general garbage person.

Edited by aluminiumtrioxid
  • Like 1

...Or you could just realize that laughing at people's accents, while pretty immature and kinda racist, is pretty low on the scale of "terrible things a human being might commit", and you can acknowledge that "hey, this was actually Not Cool" without it automatically meaning you're an evil racist and general garbage person.

No its common to laugh at a joke that has accents, laughing at something  doesnt mean you think of it in a serious light?

But again I dont think I was racist but I dont want to come across as racist ...very important distinction 

But anyway thanks for your opinion, its okay we can agree to disagree :)

John Milton 

Sensitive people here. :lol:

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Eh, I dunno. I tend to think of racism as racial bigotry. Nothing bigoted about finding the accent of other nation's people amusing. I mock the accent of southerners all the time; am I racist against the American south?

EDIT: I also mock the Canadian accent too.

Edited by Namutree
  • Like 1

"Good thing I don't heal my characters or they'd be really hurt." Is not something I should ever be thinking.

I use blue text when I'm being sarcastic.

He can be funny....I have watched his immitation of Chinese people 

:lol:  the way he says " we want deal " 

Not funny.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

He can be funny....I have watched his immitation of Chinese people 

:lol:  the way he says " we want deal " 

Not funny.

I'd have too agree. It's not funny.

"Good thing I don't heal my characters or they'd be really hurt." Is not something I should ever be thinking.

wUT U TLKIN ABOOT, EH?

I ain't never explain nuthin' to no foreign folk and I ain't never gunna!

• Like 1

wUT U TLKIN ABOOT, EH?

But Volo lets be honest, everyone thinks the Canadian accent sounds weird ..its like you trying to imitate an American

Maybe thats the solution...change your accent to sound American? 

John Milton 

If the media lied about Trump, does that mean that they also lied about Hitler?

Edited by Meshugger
  • Like 1

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

If the media lied about Trump, does that mean that they also lied about Hitler?

They dont need to really lie about Trump, he normally does controversial and offensive things 

John Milton 

"But Volo lets be honest, everyone thinks the Canadian accent sounds weird ..its like you trying to imitate an American

Maybe thats the solution...change your accent to sound American? "

You reallly are an ignorant insulting tool. LMAO

• Like 1

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

"But Volo lets be honest, everyone thinks the Canadian accent sounds weird ..its like you trying to imitate an American

Maybe thats the solution...change your accent to sound American? "

You reallly are an ignorant insulting tool. LMAO

What? Dont you like the American accent?

And dont get cross with me because you have a funny accent ....what will you blame me for next....the 2008 financial crisis  :biggrin:

John Milton 

No such thing as an American accent, though.

• Like 1

No such thing as an American accent, though.

You know I dont have an accent, South Africans are the only English speaking people that speak English without an accent  ;)

Malc I know Canada is big but how far is Oerwinde and Volo from you?

John Milton