What are you playing right now?

Gorth

I wanted to try the Snapmap function in DOOM today and it says  'DOOM services offline'. I can't seem to log-in. Anyone else encountered something similar?!

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

I just couldn't find anything I wanted to play, so given some of the good feedback, I decided to try Warframe.  It's pretty fun, though I don't imagine I'll get too far in it (I don't think I'll be good enough, or want to spend the time.)

I started Uncharted 3.  I finished the first two of the PS4 remastered versions, but was saving 3 for closer to when UC4 was going to be released.  Then I got sidetracked and never got around to playing it before UC4 came out.  So now I gotta run through it before attempting 4.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Still on Stellaris, I dropped my first non iron man game as it was filled with bugs (eg. fmining drones were showing as part of primitive civilisation for some unknown reason). So far doing good, I have vasalised first aliens. Also playing on 4 arms galaxy so its much more interesting to be limited by map

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

Bloodborne and Dark Souls 1 are the only ones that really became obsessions for me.

• Like 1
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I just couldn't find anything I wanted to play, so given some of the good feedback, I decided to try Warframe.  It's pretty fun, though I don't imagine I'll get too far in it (I don't think I'll be good enough, or want to spend the time.)

So yeah, Warframe got old really fast.  Still using the exact same starter stuff after 10 hours playing (I'd like to try a sniper rifle with a better secondary weapon) and not even getting to try anything new for quite a while more (unless I want to drop a lot of cash) all while still fighting basically the same enemies is a bit dull.

So I broke down and bought The Witcher 3, which is currently installing.

Uncharted 3 is great. I liked the theme of the story a lot. Best in the series for me.

Only midway through, so I can't comment on it as a whole.  But so far, I'm enjoying the story.

The one negative thing about the UC series, for me, are the sections where you're supposed to sprint away from something - whether it be a crumbling bridge or a collapsing tower or whatever - and they switch you to a "reverse" angle where you now have to run "toward" the screen.  I hate it.  It just seems so awkward and counter intuitive.

• Like 1

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

They put out a free map for IS Defense today, so I'm killing ISIS in San Tropez.  My personal best for the new map is 767 kills and 5:20 for the new map.  Good times.  

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Chess on chess.net. I've won or drawn 17 games in a row... until tonight. Kinda bummed now.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

The one negative thing about the UC series, for me, are the sections where you're supposed to sprint away from something - whether it be a crumbling bridge or a collapsing tower or whatever - and they switch you to a "reverse" angle where you now have to run "toward" the screen.  I hate it.  It just seems so awkward and counter intuitive.

It's sort of a callback to Naughty Dog games from the nineties ... not that that will make you enjoy it. I don't mind it.

All Stop. On Screen.

Play the first Dark Souls. It is worse(better) than crack, IMO.

I did. It was.

If that doesn't help, go to the hardest area you can find and keep dying until you are too angry to play the game for a week.

I did. I made it trough the area, it just made the experience longer :-/

Digging Stellaris. Dev Diary says they were planning colony event chains as the meat of the mid-game, but got bogged down making sure the early game was fun and end game challenges were good, but that we can expect those events to hit in a free update. They are planning I think 2 major free content updates before they get down to business on DLC. Which sounds prettty damned fair to me.

Pre-ordered Hearts of Iron IV, so I'll be ditching Stellaris for that in a couple weeks.

• Like 1
The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

It's sort of a callback to Naughty Dog games from the nineties ... not that that will make you enjoy it. I don't mind it.

Yeah, in U4 they  made that especially evident.

1.13 killed off Ja2.

Worse than that are those sliding section in Uncharted 4 where you have to avoid certain obstacles while you are sliding down and time your jump right towards the end. 

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

Bloodborne and Dark Souls 1 are the only ones that really became obsessions for me.

Yeah. I really, really did not like all the changes they made to the combat in DS2, and while DS3 seems much closer to DS1 in that regard, it still just hasn't recaptured the magic that was playing DS1. Bloodborne did, though, and actually exceeded it - my favorite out of the Souls games.

• Like 2

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Set a new personal best on the San Tropez map in IS Defense with 826 kills and 5:46.  Things tend to get really crazy around 4 minutes, after that surviving is extremely difficult on that map.  Hopefully I can reach 1000 kills and 6 minutes eventually.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

DS3 goes the right way, that is closer to Demon's souls and ends up as the best combat in Souls games. DS1 has nothing left that DS3 doesn't have or hasn't improved on.

1.13 killed off Ja2.